• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if I have an invite or not. Do they appear randomly in the inventory? Or would I need to ask for one here when I get home?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I really can't wait for the summer sale. Unlike the last few Steam sales, there are quite a few games I'm craving to get:

Dishonored
BioShock Infinite
Crysis 3
Tomb Raider
Far Cry 3

Sini

How does one feature an item from TF2 or Dota on profile page? I saw someone featuring his hat there.
I want to showcase one of my crates.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Seems like they changed the cut they take on sales. I used to sell my crates for $.02, now the lowest you can go is $.03.

Chronoja

How does one feature an item from TF2 or Dota on profile page? I saw someone featuring his hat there.
I want to showcase one of my crates.

Go to edit profile and scroll down to featured showcase. There you find a variety of options for what you can display on your profile

Salsa

the ONLY thing I can appreciate about this new look/whole thing is that the profile avatars are higher-res and with less compression artifacts

Chronoja

Got my first card from TF2, didn't even join a server.
It's a SPY.

"That card is a spy!" (sorry)

Do we know what the drop rate is on the cards yet? I know it's probably too early to guess but are we expecting them to be considerably rare or what? I don't exactly fancy playing Half Life 2 over and over just to get 4 cards, as good as the game is anything will lose its luster having to waste time for meta reasons.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
"That card is a spy!" (sorry)

Do we know what the drop rate is on the cards yet? I know it's probably too early to guess but are we expecting them to be considerably rare or what? I don't exactly fancy playing Half Life 2 over and over just to get 4 cards, as good as the game is anything will lose its luster having to waste time for meta reasons.

I reached my limit of cards on Don't Starve (3 cards) within the course of 45 minutes top. I just want to know if I'll be able to get more, via reset of the limit.

Salsa

if there's anything I love about Steam is idling random already-beaten games that I have no intention of playing only to get fake digital stuff to feel somewhat accomplished

I really dont like that Steam is going in this direction

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
if there's anything I love about Steam is idling random already-beaten games that I have no intention of playing only to get fake digital stuff to feel somewhat accomplished

I hate this, and I hate that Steam is moving more in this direction

No one is stopping you from actually playing the game or ignoring the cards.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk

I hate this, and I hate that Steam is moving more in this direction

You...don't have to do that.

xJavonta

Banned

I really dont like that Steam is going in this direction

They're additional features, you don't have to use them salsa

Salsa

oh I certainly wont do it all and eventually dont care, but I dont like going to another profile and seeing a big fat Level "higher than mine" number in someone else's profile knowing I could also achieve that by putting some numb boring effort. That number's everywhere now.

that's surely a completionist, personal kind of issue but hey, it still clashes with what steam's doing and it bothers me.

I would much prefer it if the level was tied to the amount of time you spend on any game, or your achievements completion, or whatever else.

kennah

HOw do you tell if you got a card? I've been idling (while at work) for like an hour and nothing.

EDIT: LOL not even 10 seconds after I made this post, I got the 'new item in your inventory' notification.

Don't Starve Maxwell card get.

Nabs

oh I certainly wont do it all and eventually dont care, but I dont like going to another profile and seeing a big fat Level "higher than mine" number in someone else's profile knowing I could also achieve that by putting some numb boring effort. That number's everywhere now.

that's surely a completionist, personal kind of issue but hey, it still clashes with what steam's doing and it bothers me. I would much prefer it if the level was tied to the amount of time you spend on any game, or your achievements completion, or whatever else.

Your potato hat isn't so special anymore.

Shit, I should have waited. :O

75!

Caerith

So apparently the DLC for Lego Batman 2 is not available on PC? Anybody know if it's a good ammount of content or just some small stuff?
Didn't see you answered amongst the invite begging, but TT doesn't release DLC for the PC versions of the Lego games. I don't know what the Batman games got, but the Lord of the Rings game got some accessories (whose function overlapped with stuff you could get in-game anyway) and extra characters (but there's a cast of, like, hundreds so no biggy there). These were pre-order exclusives for the console versions, and I have no idea why they never went back and put them up as cheap DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom