• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumhead

Banned
Just tried to boot up DOTA 2 and got a "Scanning for Steam game updates" message, that appears to be taking a really, really long time to do whatever it's doing.

Is this normal?

it's the backgrounds you unlock I think

Here is an example of background:
gjkvbma.png

It is a smaller copy since I don't have the actual background.

I assume the empty space is where your profile will be placed.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
This is all so weird.

Any kind of community leveling up is shit in my book, but trading cards are a fun idea. Pretty funny to see people already getting obsessed.

Wok

You don't craft cards, they "drop" while you're playing the game in question or you trade / buy them off the market. Obtaining all the cards required let's you "craft" the associated badge.

How do emoticons get dropped then? When you craft your first badge?

tvzH5HZ.png

Chronoja

How do you emoticons get dropped then?

You earn emoticons and other rewards by leveling your steam account level.

Misread. Leveling the steam account gets you non trade-able rewards like extra friend slots and showcases etc.

Leveling up earns you non-tradable items like profile showcases, extra friends list slots, and more.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Recap. I'm not getting cards to drop with the game running, is it just luck based or what?

[Amazon]
[Bundle Stars]
  • Stellar Bundle - $0.98
    • Alien Hallway
    • Alien Shooter Revisited
    • Zombie Shooter
    • Zombie Shooter 2
  • Indie Jam - $6.35
    • Dead Horde
    • Future Wars
    • Greed: Black Border
    • Grotesque Tactics
    • Grotesque Tactics 2
    • Stellar Impact
    • Trapped Dead
    • Trauma
    • Twin Sector
    • Unstoppable Gorg
  • Indie Jam 2 - $5.00
    • Ion Assault
    • Iron Grip: Warlord
    • Nuclear Dawn
    • Planets Under Attack
    • Shattered Horizon
    • Two Worlds II
    • Two Worlds II: Castle Defense DLC
    • X-Blades
[Gamersgate] - Thanks to Chronoja for the deals
[GMG] - use code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA for an additional 20% discount

[Groupees]
  • Be Mine 8 - $1.00
    • Fairy Bloom Freesia
    • Patrician IV: Steam Special Edition
    • Patrician IV: Rise of a Dynasty DLC
    • Slam Bolt Scrappers
  • Be Mine 8 - $5.00+
    • Blood Bowl Legendary Edition
    • Drakensang
    • ?
    • ?
[Humble Double Fine Bundle]

• $1.00+
    • Costume Quest
    • Psychonauts
    • Stacking
  • $8.02+
    • Brutal Legend
[Indiegala Store] - Thanks to Chronoja for the deals - Price in parentheses is using accumulated Gala Points for further discount
[Indie Royale] - posted by kaleii
  • The Mayhem Bundle - $5.56
    • Alien Shooter 2: Conscription
    • Burn Zombie Burn
    • Droplitz
    • Lucius
    • Plain Sight
    • Primal Fears
    • ? Mystery Game ?

Chronoja

Seems to be, I have tf2 and don't starve open, and I'm idle. I've gotten 3 tf2 cards and 2 don't starve cards so far.

How long have they been running. Trying to get an estimate on the drop rate. I managed to get 1 tf2 card in 34 minutes of play, but I'm assuming the first one is like a freebie to give people an idea what to expect.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
How long have they been running. Trying to get an estimate on the drop rate. I managed to get 1 tf2 card in 34 minutes of play, but I'm assuming the first one is like a freebie to give people an idea what to expect.

TF2: 1.5 hours
Don't Starve: 45 minutes

cicero

Here's another one, instead of making me have a ton of categories to keep my giant library organized allow me to rename games in my list so I can have sequels grouped together. So many games randomly spread out over my list. It constantly makes me feel like I've lost a game. I also own too many games to have a legitimate hope of correctly categorizing them all.

I am tired of my list of game categories that I want to keep unexpanded keep constantly auto-expanding for some unknown reason.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Now that there's a list of all the upcoming Amazon sales I'll start weeding through it to make a list of Steam activated games. I'll post it when I'm done.

Blizzard

Banned
Earning the ability to add more friends? Maybe they will let me earn the abililty to expand TF2 backpacks without having to trade for or buy an extender. =P

Now that there's a list of all the upcoming Amazon sales I'll start weeding through it to make a list of Steam activated games. I'll post it when I'm done.
Xelios is the hero GAF deserves, but not the one it needs right now with all the cards mania.
I fear that people will forget the main point of Steam, buying games and never playing them. Gabe is poisoning your minds with these cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom