• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Very LTTP but how do you get Steam Trading Cards? (I'm already in the beta).

You idle in your games that support cards (HL2, Portal 2, Dota 2, TF2, Don't Starve, CSGO) and they should pop up in your inventory. Or you can play them but that is forbidden.

1-D_FTW

Do I have another barely touched 360 controller crapping out on me or are other people randomly switching into BPM mode. Twice in the last 30 minutes, I had Steam flashing in my taskbar and when I clicked on it, I entered BPM. Finally just closed Steam.

Grief.exe

Do I have another barely touched 360 controller crapping out on me or are other people randomly switching into BPM mode. Twice in the last 30 minutes, I had Steam flashing in my taskbar and when I clicked on it, I entered BPM. Finally just closed Steam.

Same thing happened to me lol.

HoosTrax

Same thing happened to me now that you mentioned it. I assumed I accidentally clicked on something, but I guess it's just Steam beta being beta.

jediyoshi

Happened here too. Glad I'm not crazy.

Gabe is awakening.

I had over 100 windows in BPM opened with an error message. Wtf happened. My pc can't handle BPM :(

1-D_FTW

Good to know:) I have the worst luck with 360 controllers, so I thought another one was committing suicide over the Xbox conference hatred.

HoosTrax

Because "Hey, that 'Delete inventory item' button isn't going to test itself, you know."
I wish they would test that "feature" with the coupons as well...

Wait a minute...what is the minimum one would have to invest in order to make a F2P DOTA2 account into a premium account?

Prelithe

I opted into the Hotline Miami beta (pw: hlm) and these new updates are pretty cool. We now have a launcher (resolution, windowed mode), leaderboards, and the removal of the black borders. The beta is still rough, so I'd recommend waiting a bit before jumping in.

Finally, been waiting for windowed mode to play this game!

Decado

Does Dead Space Collection on steam have any weird Origin or GFWL stuff in it? I know it is cheaper on amazon, but that's the origin version (I think). For a couple dollars I may just go with the steam version if it is good.

Arkham City was fantastic, but they made Catwoman into such a bimbo which doesn't sit well with the rapey comments the thugs constantly make about her.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I had a weirdass moment some minutes ago because of this. I left my computer suspended and the TV and monitor turned off, then went out to buy groceries. I get back to a a loud as hell *HMMMMMMMMMMmmmm tum tuc... tummmmmmm HHHHMMMmmmmm*. I think I'm going to be greeted by some otherwordly creature before I realize I left the speakers on and Big Picture switched on all by itself and got the computer out of suspend.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Anyone want to bet on whether they'll release the Xbox One controller for Windows, or even bother to make it compatible? They actually made it a point to say they're using a new proprietary protocol.

Valve's controller can't come soon enough.

hlhbk

I'm not shocked at the reaction, imagine if when Half Life 2 came out it was decreed "All PC games shall be steam codes".

Be glad we had something of a (retail forced) transition period.

Next gen will be Wii-u (hoping it survives), PS4 (as long as it doesn't pull the BS microsoft is with the Xbox) and PC. This is coming from someone who bought a 360 at launch and waited 3 years before buying a PS3.

Nabs

Good to be a PC gamer after todays news.

It doesn't really work like that I'm afraid. Good or not, companies will want you buying games and hardware on new consoles and PC gaming will be "dead" again in about a year or two. See EA's new engine.

Then of course it'll pick back up again and be glorious.

Circle of gaming.

Megasoum

Banned
Bah, as long as they keep selling the 360 pad for a while I don't really mind. This thing is as close to perfection as you can get (well except the dpad but I don't play fighting games so I don't care).

Blizzard

Banned
It doesn't really work like that I'm afraid. PC gaming will be "dead" again in about a year or two. Then it'll pick back up.

Circle of gaming.
Fortunately, we will all have 200 (or 2000 depending on the person) unplayed games on Steam, so it's not like we will be hurting through the next cycle. :p

hlhbk

It doesn't really work like that I'm afraid. Good or not, companies will want you buying games and hardware on new consoles and PC gaming will be "dead" again in about a year or two. Then it'll pick back up again and be glorious.

Circle of gaming.

Well I wouldn't be shocked if Gamestop doesn't sell the new xbox, so it should be dead on arrival.

Fortunately, we will all have 200 (or 2000 depending on the person) unplayed games on Steam, so it's not like we will be hurting through the next cycle. :p

Too true. It'll never be "dead dead", it never has been. Just "dead" as in "dead"....if you know what I mean. Heck you don't even have to buy games these days with efforts like cry of fear or minerva.

Well I wouldn't be shocked if Gamestop doesn't sell the new xbox, so it should be dead on arrival.

I don't think the cycle will be nearly as bad. "Computer Games" aren't considered a separate market anymore.

Maybe, but I think it'll be much more likely that the majority will just suck it up and start buying away :(

I guess I'm just old and jaded at this point.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
It doesn't really work like that I'm afraid. Good or not, companies will want you buying games and hardware on new consoles and PC gaming will be "dead" again in about a year or two. See EA's new engine.

Circle of gaming.

Pretty much this, its the cycle of PC gaming, but we will endure.

Bah, as long as they keep selling the 360 pad for a while I don't really mind. This thing is as close to perfection as you can get (well except the dpad but I don't play fighting games so I don't care).

Just put in an order for a new one through Amazon.

I'd like to have a spare on hand. With all the bad news about Xbox One, I'm going to assume a wired version of the X1 controller isn't gonna happen.

Chronoja

Pretty much this, its the cycle of PC gaming, but we will endure.

I disagree. I think the end of this generation has completely broken the cycle. The cycle existed because every generation the consoles took dedicated hardware and packed them into a box that was cheap and affordable and practically beat or rivalled the equally powerful but much more expensive pc machine for the time.

That's not the case any more. These consoles are launching against practically superior pc machines and this time pc's are nearly just as affordable and also carry with it many of the perks these consoles want to bring to the table, see digital entertainment, see live streaming and web browsing....all this is on pc for free.

PC gaming can't be declared anywhere near as dead as it was before.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Circle of gaming.

PC gaming only ever died in the past if you didn't have PC blood running through your veins.

MoxManiac

I'm not shocked at the reaction, imagine if when Half Life 2 came out it was decreed "All PC games shall be steam codes".

Be glad we had something of a (retail forced) transition period.

Steam sucked ass back then, though.

For the console gamer side of me, I could accept Xbox One's approach if it was Steam/Valve, not MS.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The main difference between Xbox One's approach and Steam's is the fact that the PC is hardware agnostic with forward-compatibility basically guaranteed.

Buying into Xbox One is like investing heavily in minidiscs.

I'm assuming there's a thread or something but whats' the protocol for trading games? I'm gonna have a copy of the new Tomb Raider and Far Cry 3 DLC and i wanna see about getting something equal for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom