• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

Midweek Madness #1 is 66% off Sins of a Solar Star: Rebellion ($13.59, $40.79 for a four-pack [~$10.20 per head], $15.29 for the game + OST bundle or $45 for the Stardock Pack)
Midweek Madness #2 is 66% of Cities XL Platinum ($10.20)

Edit: The Daily is 75% off the Dead Space franchise. Mass Effect, Need for Speed and Burnout Paradise were just 2-3 weeks ago. EA testing the water? :p

I need DS3 on Steam.

I have Dead Space 1 on Steam and Dead Space 2 & 3 on Origin.
For some reason this situation makes my OCD itch much worse than anything else on Steam, including sequels that sort out of order, duplicate and bad games in my collection.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I need DS3 on Steam.

For some reason this situation makes my OCD itch much worse than anything else on Steam, including sequels that sort out of order, duplicate and bad games in my collection.

If I had to choose just one EA title to make the jump to Steam, it'd be The Saboteur. I got it for free during the coupon stuff-up a while ago... but I keep forgetting to install it. Perhaps a part of me is hoping it'll be on Steam one day.

Grief.exe

EA is looking to have some potentially compelling properties coming up.

Dice

Battlefield
Battlefront
Mirror's Edge

Visceral

New IP
Starwars 1313 (or some other Star Wars title)
Dead Space

Bioware

The quality of this studio has really taken a nosedive but they might come up with a decent Star Wars RPG.

I need DS3 on Steam.

Install Dead Space 1 on Steam
Retrieve the key from the registry entry
Activate Dead Space 1 on Origin

Caerith

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't

I added some info on the Tsundoku group. No one wants to join? :p
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TsunDokuGAF
I have 99 unplayed games and am trying to reduce my backlog...

You should really give the group an avatar/icon whatever, though. I mean, you already have this:

kRgaXcQ.jpg

Grief.exe

You clearly aren't buying nearly enough games. You are like an Oliver Twist that doesn't have enough fire in the belly to demand more gruel.

I've personally put the brakes on buying games.

Decided that there is little value in owning and playing through mediocre games.

Hitman Absolution is a great example, I saw it on sale for $5 on Amazon the other week. Decided to ignore it

nexen

Decided that there is little value in owning and playing through mediocre games.

Hitman Absolution is a great example, I saw it on sale for $5 on Amazon the other week. Decided to ignore it

But how will you get that Steam library number up? That number needs to go up.

cicero

I saw that same thing and did the exact opposite, and now I have a motion activated bomb sitting in my Steam library. But it was a CHEAP bomb!...

sibarraz

Banned
Crap, I'm sad that I hadn't picked a thq humble bundle back in the day, I really want the company of heroes collection, but couldn't find it cheap

Wok

Crap, I'm sad that I hadn't picked a thq humble bundle back in the day, I really want the company of heroes collection, but couldn't find it cheap

How cheap could you find it?

Edit: I have just checked, and my Steam code was already activated.

Moobabe

You're a smart man. Time > money.

Caerith

I've had the backloggery icon for 100+ unfinished games since the day I joined backloggery. Just 45 more completed games until I'm in the clear.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Both of these posts have a sense of self punishment about them :p
Surely it can't be THAT bad, right?

Wasn't there some achievement related to clean driving? How did you guys manage that one? I found driving for even ten seconds without some idiot AI driver veering into my path to be exasperating.
No idea. As I said, I want to get all the non-cheat and non-costume DLC before I even begin to play it xD

So far I'm only lacking Year of the Snake. Once I buy it I'll be able to start the game.

cicero

Just these for me. The 18 Wheels games are part of this pack which should be $12.50 come the Summer Sale, so they can wait.
Were all of these Steam activated?

Achtung Panzer Kharkov 1943 - $4.99
Darkest Hour - $3.49
Drakensang: The River of Time - $7.49
March of the Eagles - $9.99
Pro Cycling Manager 2012 - $7.99
Rotastic - $2.49
Europa Universalis III: Absolutism - $0.99
Europa Universalis III: Music of the World - $0.99
Europa Universalis III: Revolution 2 - $0.99
IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover - $12.99
War of the Roses: Brian Blessed DLC - $1.99
Silverfall - $1.99
Silverfall: Earth Awakening - $1.99
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends - $7.49
Vigil: Blood Bitterness - $1.24

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Were all of these Steam activated?

Those EU III DLC are not Steam and neither is Darkest Hour. I edited my lists early on to reflect that and most of the errors were with Paradox titles. The rest are Steam but Achtung has never been in stock so far and probably won't be, and Ferrari hasn't went on sale quite yet.

[Amazon]

[Nuuvem]

Existing deals can be found here and here.

Chronoja

Is buying games from the american amazon outside the U.S. as simple as setting your address to an american one?

edit: took the risk and it seems to be a yes.

edit2: this must be what it feels like to find a treasure vault.

cicero

Those EU III DLC are not Steam and neither is Darkest Hour. I edited my lists early on to reflect that and most of the errors were with Paradox titles. The rest are Steam but Achtung has never been in stock so far and probably won't be, and Ferrari hasn't went on sale quite yet.
Thank you for the info. I was trying to figure out if the Paradox DLC was mixed Steam/Non-Steam or not. Almost bought Darkest Hour/Their Finest Hour figuring that the logical assumption to make would be that they would activate on Steam if they were selling alongside the base game which was Steam activated... Really quite annoying that they aren't. Thanks again for saving me the trouble of making mistaken purchases.

FYC

Banned
Dark Forces II is a really damn good FPS. Superb followup to the first Dark Forces, an overall better game. Kinda janky on Windows 7 64 bit but still playable.

After I complete Mysteries of the Sith, I shall finally experience Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy. OH LAWWWWWD I CAN'T WAIT

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm looking into Steam userscripts to try to enhance my Steam experience. I found one that darkens games in the game list that you already own so it's easier to browse through large categories. That's cool.

I'm looking for one that lists a game's lowest historical price next to the current price (presumably it'd use a third party database). The operative thing here is that I want that price displayed on the page, not having to look it up manually. Does this exist?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I'm looking into Steam userscripts to try to enhance my Steam experience. I found one that darkens games in the game list that you already own so it's easier to browse through large categories. That's cool.

I'm looking for one that lists a game's lowest historical price next to the current price (presumably it'd use a third party database). The operative thing here is that I want that price displayed on the page, not having to look it up manually. Does this exist?

Does it have to be userscripts? Enhanced Steam will do that, but it will highlight games you already own in green vs darkening them.

jJ0g2oA.png

Grief.exe

Dark Forces II is a really damn good FPS. Superb followup to the first Dark Forces, an overall better game. Kinda janky on Windows 7 64 bit but still playable.

After I complete Mysteries of the Sith, I shall finally experience Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy. OH LAWWWWWD I CAN'T WAIT

Oh man that sounds like an awesome gauntlet.

I would probably play Jedi Knight 2 with you if I wasn't playing System Shock 2 right now.

I like to switch up genres so I don't get burned out on a particular one.

Dust: An Elysian Tail will be next for me.

Nabs

I opted into the Hotline Miami beta (pw: hlm) and these new updates are pretty cool. We now have a launcher (resolution, windowed mode), leaderboards, and the removal of the black borders. The beta is still rough, so I'd recommend waiting a bit before jumping in.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So, how does the Card Drop on Dota 2 works?

You only get the "default" drops if you bought something for Dota 2 BEFORE the Trading Card beta went up?

If I bought a key AFTER it went up, I won't get amny regular drops, right?

All I'll get is a drop on every 9 dollars?

Nabs

So, how does the Card Drop on Dota 2 works?

You only get the "default" drops if you bought something for Dota 2 BEFORE the Trading Card beta went up?

If I bought a key AFTER it went up, I won't get amny regular drops, right?

All I'll get is a drop on every 9 dollars?

I think that's right.

jediyoshi

Steam beta update
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards#announcements/detail/1801717316585654084
Beta update - May 21st
MAY 21ST, 2013 - AL
Hello,

We have several profile updates today based on feedback:
Only 3 recent games will be shown on the profile page, down from 6.
The Recent Game Activity section on the profile will show total playtime for the last 2 weeks.
You can now choose a badge to feature from the Edit Profile page
Both Featured Badge and Profile Background can now be unset from the Edit Profile page

Additionally, the following coupons were not working correctly and have been fixed:
Portal 2
Frozen Synapse
Tales of Monkey Island (this coupon still incorrectly says "Episode 1", but applies to the whole pack)

Megasoum

Banned
10megs update on Infinite... Haven't seen patch notes.

I wonder what's happening with the DLC. If they want to release 3 packs they might want to start talking about it by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom