• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could find a more appropriate Saoirse gif to complete this, but I only have this:

hGqYptT.gif

I-It's not like a want to buy more Steam games, baka!

On steam related news: Dear Esther is 1.39$ on GMG with coupon code: GMG20-LLASD-D8WBQ

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's ok, you can play with me.

*disclaimer: I may or may not be saoirse ronan*

A 50/50 chance, hey? Hmm... :p

I-It's not like a want to buy more Steam games, baka!

I upvoted Dyack's game on Greenlight because, hey, one can never have enough Steam games! The more the merrier.

I wish I could find a more appropriate Saoirse gif to complete this, but I only have this:

hGqYptT.gif

Any Saoirse gif is an appropriate gif!

Nooooo, don't be silly that would be creepy. I meant just your basic stuff like hairs, toenails, babyteeth.. err.. wut?

That's a new one!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm... Tsunsteam och Steamdoku? Which is better? Thinking about to start a new steam group
Steamdoku. Me doesn't care about no grammar, only about how the word sound. And me like it's sound.

I remember someone said they'd buy the Limited Edition of Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 if it was in stock on that dodgy looking site. Well, it seems to be back in stock (£4.99)

Before people tell me the site is wrong, remember you all said already it was legit.
I didn't. Though I must admit, seeing that a Steam key for GTA V is being sold (with a label saying "Instant key") makes it seem legit indeed.

Deques

All kind of variations of SteamDoku or TsunSteam are not available :(

Edit: Seems that Steam is not a valid word to use

Edit 2: here is the group. I am disappointed that I couldn't name it to SteamDoku

It is named to TsunDoku GAF
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TsunDokuGAF

It's invite only. The requirement is at least 100 games non played games

Edit 3: I will work more on the group page

Edit 4: Those who want to join this group can add me on steam: deques

Last edit: will be offline in a few hours, I will send invites later

AkuMifune

Banned
I love Resident Evil, but Revelations feels like an upressed 3DS game. ugh. ;)

I'm glad to finally get to play it, but it does feel exactly like what it is. Not sure what I was expecting. .gif.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ah ok. Makes sense. So do I play my games to get back the same cards or what? Can you get multiple of the same card?

If you want cards again you have to either buy them on the store or trade for them. The idea is that you go for badges for the games that you really like and trade cards for the games you play that you don't care to rep on your profile.

I don't play Dota at all really so I got the cards for it and traded them away for cards for Portal, which I did want a badge for.

If you want cards again you have to either buy them on the store or trade for them. The idea is that you go for badges for the games that you really like and trade cards for the games you play that you don't care to rep on your profile.

I don't play Dota at all really so I got the cards for it and traded them away for cards for Portal, which I did want a badge for.

I see now! Thanks for clearing things up for me. I was so confused as to how it all worked.

Branson

I just had the weirdest thing happen to me with an install. I was downloading Bioshock Infinite and it got stuck at like 7 gigs out of the 14.9 it was downloading. Everytime I tried to restart it it wouldnt do anything. Other games would download but not this one. So I started poking around and tried to delete the downloaded files that where already there and it wouldnt let me delete one folder. It said it was corrupt. The only thing that worked to get rid of that one corrupt folder from the downloaded folder of Infinite was running the scan disk repair in windows in my hard drive properties. Once that went through all night it said it found and fixed stuff, so this morning I could delete the folder. Man that took a while to fix. But now its downloading without problem, as before it said i didnt have any disk space, which is wrong, as I have 900gb left. Weird stuff. Computuz

AkuMifune

Banned
I'm sure this has been complained about on every page, but DLC not being part of the weekly deals is devilish.

That Sleeping Dogs content calls out for purchase now that I've broken down and double-dipped again. Damn you Steam!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I love Resident Evil, but Revelations feels like an upressed 3DS game. ugh. ;)

I'm glad to finally get to play it, but it does feel exactly like what it is. Not sure what I was expecting. .gif.

well, you see....

Apperantly, the Japanese language has a word for buying books and never read them

This could apply the buying games habit

Doku is another read for the Sell (Uru) Kanji?

God dammit, I'm never going to learn this motherfucking language, will I?

Zia

I'm currently playing through Dark Souls, and can't help but be bitter about GFWL. MS has seemingly abandoned the "service." You have companies like WB, 2K and Sega working on implementing Steamworks into old games that sell at a trickle (and in Sega's case, Company of Heroes isn't even "their" game; most of the money has already been made by someone else), simply for preservation's sake. Dark Souls is so popular in spite of GFWL, and everything From has said indicates both DS and DSII will be able to stand on their own, yet their only response is, "We'll do better next time." GFWL is really intrusive given how ethereal and personal the game can feel at times, and I wonder if the multiplayer will still work in two years time. A shame.

Grief.exe

1 hour and a half until we hear them sell us 1.2 TFLOPs

I'm currently playing through Dark Souls, and can't help but be bitter about GFWL. MS has seemingly abandoned the "service." You have companies like WB, 2K and Sega working on implementing Steamworks into old games that sell at a trickle (and in Sega's case, Company of Heroes isn't even "their" game; most of the money has already been made by someone else), simply for preservation's sake. Dark Souls is so popular in spite of GFWL, and everything From has said indicates both DS and DSII will be able to stand on their own, yet their only response is, "We'll do better next time." GFWL is really intrusive given how ethereal and personal the game can feel at times, and I wonder if the multiplayer will still work in two years time. A shame.

This echoes my exact thoughts and worries going forward. Well said.

HoosTrax

Speaking of Sleeping Dogs, I really need The Year of The Snake. Only content DLC I don't have and I need it to get 100/100 achievements.
Same here, only that I need it so I can start playing the game.
Wasn't there some achievement related to clean driving? How did you guys manage that one? I found driving for even ten seconds without some idiot AI driver veering into my path to be exasperating.

CoH didn't use GFWL, it used another abandoned pc middleware service. CoH was just a Games for Windows branded product.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wasn't there some achievement related to clean driving? How did you guys manage that one? I found driving for even ten seconds without some idiot AI driver veering into my path to be exasperating.

Yeah, you have to drive at a high speed for two minutes without hitting anything. I eventually got it by just driving on the freeway, but I'm sure there's an easier method.

Addnan

There's a small roundabout like thing towards the top of the map I just drove around that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah, you have to drive at a high speed for two minutes without hitting anything. I eventually got it by just driving on the freeway, but I'm sure there's an easier method.
The easier method is being a pro-ass driver thanks to years of dealing with shitty open world driving AI.

dorkimoe

So when dota invites mattered they didnt give me any and i have been in the beta since the second month or so and now they wont stop giving them to me :(

Deques

Do we get kicked out of the group if, god forbid, our backlog becomes less than 100?

It would too much for me to check on you guys every day. No you wouldn't be kicked out. Once you are in, you will never go out

Also recruiting officers that can send invites :p
I don't know if this group will be successful

ShaneB

The recent CoD4 thread makes me wish there was a new magical sale for it for a 5 or something. I want to revisit it.

....never gonna happen I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom