• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Hm, the two NBA games are missing. I wonder how hard it is to buy a new copy of 2K9 retail.

EDIT: Meh, $5 on Amazon. Oddly there are used copies available...

Here is a list for retail games that activate on Steam as well.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601

Hey guys, when has Bioshock 1 and 2 been on here? Have I just not noticed before?

Bioshock CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
Bioshock 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7

Bluth54

Hey guys, when has Bioshock 1 and 2 been on here? Have I just not noticed before?

I think that list is BS, I couldn't activate my retail copies of B1 and 2.

Normal retail keys of Bioshock and Bioshock 2 wont activate on Steam, however Valve can make keys of non Steamwork games for companies to sell or use in promotions. Amazon sells various Steam keys of non steam work games, such as Bioshock 1, 2 and Assassin's Creed 3.

I had the same thing for Batman Arkham City, I got a steam key off of ebay from someone who had bought a video card. Normal Arkham City keys wont activate on Steam

benjipwns

Banned

Since I was talking about NBA 2K9, last I knew most of the retail copies never actually shipped with CD keys printed. (I think only sections of Europe actually got them printed in the location on the manual?) So it generates one off the disc or something.

I kinda miss the old wonky days of Steam and Steamworks sometimes. Especially the early Steamworks days or when a franchise adopts Steamworks and 90% of the posts are complaints about having to install this spyware called Steam. (6 months later the person doesn't even play the game anymore because they're refreshing the store page and idling for cards and hats.)

Grief.exe

Normal retail keys of Bioshock and Bioshock 2 wont activate on Steam, however Valve can make keys of non Steamwork games for companies to sell or use in promotions. Amazon sells various Steam keys of non steam work games, such as Bioshock 1, 2 and Assassin's Creed 3.

I had the same thing for Batman Arkham City, I got a steam key off of ebay from someone who had bought a video card. Normal Arkham City keys wont activate on Steam

I don't see other Amazon keys on there, such as Max Payne 3.

Caerith

For those who don't want to rebuy Batman Arkham City, Amazon is now selling the DLCs separately!

Buying this pack is probably a better idea
Batman Arkham GOTY pack - $11.99
Those prices you're quoting sure didn't last long:

Thanks for the heads up though, I'll keep an eye out for something resembling a decent sale.

Caerith

They sure didn't. That's too bad :(
It's too bad WB doesn't believe in allowing upgrades from vanilla to GOTY. Even with these three DLC, you'd still be missing a bunch of skins and challenge maps that the GOTY has, all the while paying more than you would if you just got the GOTY and started your save over.

I can only hope that all consumers everywhere learn from this and absolutely nobody buys vanilla Arkham Origins.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
They had been on sale a couple days at least. I didn't say anything because it's still not in good price ratio with the GOTY sales.

I can only hope that all consumers everywhere learn from this and absolutely nobody buys vanilla Arkham Origins.
I'm going a step further and never buying vanilla anything from WB.

benjipwns

Banned
It's too bad WB doesn't believe in allowing upgrades from vanilla to GOTY. Even with these three DLC, you'd still be missing a bunch of skins and challenge maps that the GOTY has, all the while paying more than you would if you just got the GOTY and started your save over.

I won't learn because my backlogs big enough I never get back much to the challenge maps. And I even have the original versions of both games!

Though I do hate the publishers not doing the upgrades. GTA IV is the one that sticks out the most to me simply because Episodes was always more than the Complete Pack in every Steam Sale. And you couldn't buy the latter if you owned vanilla GTA IV, just like you couldn't for a while buy New Vegas Ultimate. (No idea if it's the same now, I got it when Gamersgate fucked up their bundle and used the key.)

ngt

The latest issue of the the Pardox War of the Roses newsletter (separate from their forum newsletter) includes a Steam key for the War of the Roses game.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
The latest issue of the the Pardox War of the Roses newsletter (separate from their forum newsletter) includes a Steam key for the War of the Roses game.
Woah.

If this is a trick to get more newsletter subscribers, it bloody well works.
They're getting atleast one, that's for sure. :p

Woah.

If this is a trick to get more newsletter subscribers, it bloody well works.
They're getting atleast one, that's for sure. :p

I think the game basically has a free to play model now, it's just not free.

They put in an absolutely brutal leveling curve to get even remotely close to being on a level playing field, and then try and sell you in game currency to bypass the grind that they added in the first place.

Remember, it's only free if your time is worthless.

Jørdan

So I've just been told that apparently trading Steam Wallet money is now possible? When did that happen? Is it only in the beta client? How do I do it?

Reposting for new page, anyone got any idea about this? Thanks.

Not that I'm aware of unless things have changed very recently.

Fitz

If anyone's thinking of buying Chaos on Deponia whilst it's the daily, it's also on sale at indegala for a bit less, Steam key included.

Fantasmo

Do you have any DX9 injectors (Fraps, MSI, etc) running?

Have you tried to install GFWL manually?

Did you run the game and turn off AA before installing DSFix?

Are you on Win 8?
I fixed it. I used in game AA with dsfix AA.

Okay I think I made a huge mistake. 10 minutes in I have a sword.. hilt!? And campfires revive enemies? And there's 3 enemies, an archer, and the next room the guy has a sword shield and armor. I was proud of myself for killing 1 guy... OMG

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bad Rats? ;)
Maybe Bad Rats?

tumblr_mkem5dws2e1s5zhruo8.gif

Does Papers Please have a release date?

Nope. It'll be $10, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom