• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
iCAlETPu1GExS.gif

Caerith

Adventures in Uplay:

• Tried to activate and play Might and Magic Heroes VI; the game launches through Uplay
  • Shades of Darkness and the two addons unlock fine
  • Original/base game would not unlock because, "This CD Key or Activation Code is already in use with another account." -- it has never been used
  • Contacted support by phone and get many vacuous questions before finally:
  • "Verify integrity" - doesn't work
  • "Reinstall" - doesn't work
  • "Let's elevate it to my supervisor"
  • Cool supervisor sends me another key and advises me to reinstall
  • Do as he says, Input key, "You already own this game." -- LOL
  • Cannot connect to Conflux because, "...unique key has been reserved."
  • Try to unlock the base game anyway. "You need an internet connection."

wwe-raw-201111300359397oop.gif

85 page thread of people with the same/similar problem, started over a month ago. Their own forums are also full of it, from well over a month ago. Meanwhile, people who pirated it aren't having to endure any of this shit.
You wouldn't see this problem on Origin. Because they'd delete that 85 page thread and ban anyone who saw it.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
SRKs just make no sense to me. I even played SF2 pretty often as a kid and I could never do them on the Genesis gamepad. I can't do them now consistently on a stick (maybe 20% success rate).

(Performing them on a keyboard is a piece of cake on the other hand)

I swear, holding diagonal-down on a stick or dpad without it registering as only right or only down just doesn't work for me for some reason. The only way to make SRKs manageable for me is either keyboard or a hitbox.

SRK shortcut is diagonal-down, diagonal-down, P

try that

dani_dc

Trade Offers are Coming to Steam (and some upcoming Trading cards features such as Booster Packs and new badges):

Trade Offers: send an offer to another user of items to trade, even if they're offline, that will let them accept, decline, or make a counter-offer. You'll only be able to send trade offers to friends to start with, but if people like it we'll look into expanding it. This will also let you send an item as a gift to a friend.

Confirmed to work on all Steam Items, not just trading cards:

Trade offers will work for any items in the Steam economy, not just trading cards. So it will work with TF2.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That is a good step, but a H/W trade market would be the only thing to make me get into trading/badges rather than just selling.

cicero

We ought to get badges depending on how many times we try to access Steam services when they are down.

I was in the middle of trying to list some new cards. BTW, now my total is 45 cards dropped with no foils...COME ON!@#

SRK shortcut is diagonal-down, diagonal-down, P

try that

I think that's just for versions of SF4.

The old SF2 input windows are random, to an extent. You'd have to do the complete SRK motion, or any other special motion, in the smallest allowable time frame in order to get it guaranteed. For SRKs I think it is 13 frames.

If any one is having issues with a stick, I would suggest borrowing an american style circular stick and seeing if that helps.

Ok wait what thread am I in? Oh Steam.

I just got dsfix to start working properly and that game is fantastic.

Fantasmo

Is Dark Souls worth $30?

I'm on vacation right now, for the next couple of weeks and I'm dying to play it.
My fucking bank denied me from a GMG purchase, even though I whitelisted the site for Resident Evil 6 a couple months ago. By the time my card became unlocked again, it went up to $40. In that ONE hour, it went from $12 (coupon) to $40. I'm SO fucking mad :(

So anyway, to anyone who's played it, is it worth full price or should I wait for a Steam sale?

cicero

Is Dark Souls worth $30?

I'm on vacation right now, for the next couple of weeks and I'm dying to play it.
My fucking bank denied me from a GMG purchase, even though I whitelisted the site for Resident Evil 6 a couple months ago. By the time my card became unlocked again, it went up to $40. In that ONE hour, it went up. I'm SO fucking mad :(

So anyway, to anyone who's played it, is it worth full price or should I wait for a Steam sale?

The Steam Summer sale is just weeks away. I would bite the bullet and wait, you will save yourself $20.

Fantasmo

The Steam Summer sale is just weeks away. I would bite the bullet and wait, you will save yourself $20.

I'm just asking if the game is worth $30. Would I wait under normal circumstances? Hell yeah! But I happen to be on vacation, and unless there's something awesome for $20 and under, now's the time I can actually get some time in with the game!

Vacation > Sale

Unless you guys have any suggestions for a meaty game that's cheaper.

Sure it's worth it, but it has been on sale for under $15 bucks quite a lot of times, recently. I would just buy it, it doesn't sound like you personally are going to regret it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Is Dark Souls worth $30?

My fucking bank denied me from a GMG purchase, even though I whitelisted the site for Resident Evil 6 a couple months ago. By the time my card became unlocked again, it went up to $40. In that ONE hour, it went from $12 (coupon) to $40. I'm SO fucking mad :(

It's worth any price they want to charge. It's an absolutely amazing game, it's massive and imminently replayable.

cicero

I'm just asking if the game is worth $30. Would I wait under normal circumstances? Hell yeah! But I happen to be on vacation, and unless there's something awesome for $20 and under, now's the time I can actually get some time in with the game!

Vacation > Sale

Ah. Your main desire is fun during a vacation rather than maximizing the purchasing power of your money. So I would go along with everyone else and tell you to buy and enjoy Dark Souls.

Caerith

Vacation > Sale

It's hard to say. Some people really love the Souls games and will be Day 1 for Dark Souls II. Some people, the Souls games aren't to their liking. I'm assuming you hadn't played Demon's Souls (you wouldn't ask if you had), and you waited this long to consider getting Dark Souls, so... who knows if it's a game you're going to like. And if you don't like it, it isn't worth $30.

Tenrius

Vacation > Sale

Do you have your 360 controller with you? If not, better wait it out. It also requires an internet connection to access online features (which is strongly recommended).

On a somewhat related note, I bought a Never Settle Tomb Raider code from this guy on ebay today. Seems like good value for just $10 (especially considering I paid with an ebay coupon I got for free lol).

Fantasmo

Thanks everyone. I said fuck it, I'm on staycation, bit the bullet, it's time to have some fun! It's downloading now.
HD, big screen, surround, 360 controller, never played any Souls games, going in BALLS DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!

I hear this game is brutally brutally hard... WHAT HAVE I DONE???!?

Do I still need dsfix or did From ever fix the game?

Tenrius

Thanks everyone. I said fuck it, I'm on staycation, bit the bullet, it's time to have some fun! It's downloading now.
HD, big screen, surround, 360 controller, never played any Souls games, going in BALLS DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!

Yep, you definitely need it. Hope you have fun!

cicero

Triple Town is currently on sale on Amazon for $4.99 (50% off) during their whole new Indie Store promotion. Why is this notable? It drops six Steam trading cards, and the card values are much higher for this game than most other games with cards, hardly any are being sold in the market compared to other games, which helps keep the value up. I just sold five of my cards for a $1 average, which paid for the game. I should have listed them higher and made more... Plus you get the chance at a foil drop, which are again worth much more than average foil drops. Just my two cents...

Plus you get a free Steam activating copy of The Maw and two other non-Steam activating Indie games.

Caerith

The only mods you need are dsfix, the High Res UI and Subtitles mod, and Quelaag's Texture Fix.

Dark Souls isn't actually hard. It just expects you to take it seriously. You can even beat it at level 1-- it isn't easy, but you can.

Fantasmo

The only mods you need are dsfix, the High Res UI and Subtitles mod, and Quelaag's Texture Fix.

Dark Souls isn't actually hard. It just expects you to take it seriously. You can even beat it at level 1-- it isn't easy, but you can.

lol Quelaag's Texture fix, you're crazy haha.

All installed, all ready to go. Time to Prepare to Die!

Edit: Jesus, I'm in over my head for character classes..

Triple Town is currently on sale on Amazon for $4.99 (50% off) during their whole new Indie Store promotion. Why is this notable? It drops six Steam trading cards, and the card values are much higher for this game than most other games with cards, hardly any are being sold in the market compared to other games, which helps keep the value up. I just sold five of my cards for a $1 average, which paid for the game. I should have listed them higher and made more... Plus you get the chance at a foil drop, which are again worth much more than average foil drops. Just my two cents...

Plus you get a free Steam activating copy of The Maw and two other non-Steam activating Indie games.

Sold. Looks like a fun little game, need something to replace Clash of heroes as my I want to play something that I don't have to pay much attention to game. The Maw looks interesting too.

Not sure if they've closed the infinite Maw keys thing, only got one credit, and it was full price when I tried to get a second. Apologies SteamGaf, I tried.

Grief.exe

lol Quelaag's Texture fix, you're crazy haha.

All installed, all ready to go. Time to Prepare to Die!

Edit: Jesus, I'm in over my head for character classes..

Honestly, it doesn't matter too much.

You can pick any class and still end up at the same place.

Pick Pyromancer if you want the most options.

My wife has been nagging me to let her play games with me. She's never really played games all that much, so I need a suggestion for a simple game with local coop/versus so she can start off with something easy.

Lara Croft: Guardian of Light. I played through that co-op with my wife; she loved it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wow, a friend told me I should buy this last week (PS3 version, $40). Doesn't it need a special accessory or something?

Yeah, plus the DLC never goes on sale, presumably because Ubi can't be arsed organising that with the various record companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom