• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

This GIF is how I feel about my recent Dark Souls purchase lol
Stick with it, the payoff is worth it. And remember, the game can be beaten at level 1. (I mean, it can be beaten as a naked level 1, but level 1 + gear is actually a reasonable challenge even for a first-time player once you've mastered the basics.)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Buy it anyway!
I don't know... I won't be able to play it until I get the cable. I may cave in and buy that piece of shit one of these days, so I'll buy the game the next time it goes on sale.

Has anyone played it with a bass? Is it good? Do I need to be Chris Squire or John Entwistle to play it?

Besides, yesterday I bought a DS game (Apollo Justice), so I really shouldn't be wasting spending more money on games right now.

Fantasmo

Stick with it, the payoff is worth it. And remember, the game can be beaten at level 1. (I mean, it can be beaten as a naked level 1, but level 1 + gear is actually a reasonable challenge even for a first-time player once you've mastered the basics.)

I've never felt so outclassed, so maybe you or someone can get me on my feet here.

I've started this (Dark Souls for anyone else reading this) as a warrior, and I'm armed with a sword handle and no shield. I found a dying knight who gives me a flask and a key. Nice that he has weapons on him but I can't pick them up. Ugh.

So I find a rest area, I kill a skeleton with a sword after about 2 minutes of pounding with my sword handle. I unlock the door, and there's 3 guys: 2 of those sword skeletons, and an archer. I figure this is one of those situations where I'm outclassed so I run forward. Now there's a knight in front of me with armor, sword, and shield.

I.. need a strategy. Because right now it's looking pretty futile, and this is the first area of the game!
Should I start over as a magic user? Have I missed a weapon, or a shield? All I can do here is peck away with a feeble sword handle. Do I get any weapons soon?

Whooter

I've never felt so outclassed, so maybe you or someone can get me on my feet here.

I've started this (Dark Souls for anyone else reading this) as a warrior, and I'm armed with a sword handle and no shield. I found a dying knight who gives me a flask and a key. Nice that he has weapons on him but I can't pick them up. Ugh.

So I find a rest area, I kill a skeleton with a sword after about 2 minutes of pounding with my sword handle. I unlock the door, and there's 3 guys: 2 of those sword skeletons, and an archer. I figure this is one of those situations where I'm outclassed so I run forward. Now there's a knight in front of me with armor, sword, and shield.

I.. need a strategy. Because right now it's looking pretty futile, and this is the first area of the game!
Should I start over as a magic user? Have I missed a weapon, or a shield? All I can do here is peck away with a feeble sword handle. Do I get any weapons soon?

This might be the thread for you:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541464

You aren't really outclassed the enemies seem tuff because they are kinda stuff for a first time. Don't be afraid to take hits (with your shield). Always keep the shield up, ALWAYS. Learn the basics of combat. Take it easy and kill the enemies one at a time. Flask gives you energy. If you are gonna re-roll, take Pyromancer but it won't help you that much at that point.

You might have missed a sword in an area where there is this arrow guy, but maybe you aren't even there yet.

Fantasmo

You aren't really outclassed the enemies seem tuff because they are kinda stuff for a first time. Don't be afraid to take hits (with your shield). Always keep the shield up, ALWAYS. Learn the basics of combat. Take it easy and kill the enemies one at a time. Flask gives you energy. If you are gonna re-roll, take Pyromancer but it won't help you that much at that point.

You might have missed a sword in an area where there is this arrow guy, but maybe you aren't even there yet.

Don't have a shield yet. I'm wondering if I missed something.

EDIT: I just read a FAQ, it looks like I missed a weapon and a shield. Time to go back a bit.

Thanks, I'll head over there!

ShaneB

10 hours in, beat my first Civilization V game lol

Its more fun to play the beginning than the end. By the end I had conquered so many cities, I spent more time micro-managing than anything else. I had the most fun when I was discovering new territory, ancient ruins, and expanding.

Yup, this sounds about right for me as well. I LOVE the early game, love exploring, expanding, saying hello to my neighbours, greeting the locals. It seems BNW will change it for the better, and really rework non-combat victories, so I'm really excited for it. I still even after 80 hours I'm figuring out what kind of CiV V game I like. I've been focusing on naval maps and really smaller scale, and that's been great fun.

edit: also, those CAG bundles are really tempted, might get either 1 or 2.

Yup, this sounds about right for me as well. I LOVE the early game, love exploring, expanding, saying hello to my neighbours, greeting the locals. It seems BNW will change it for the better, and really rework non-combat victories, so I'm really excited for it. I still even after 80 hours I'm figuring out what kind of CiV V game I like. I've been focusing on naval maps and really smaller scale, and that's been great fun.

edit: also, those CAG bundles are really tempted, might get either 1 or 2.

same here....i'm about 200 turns into my first real game. Now that I have 4 cities (it's a tiny map), lot more micromanaging. Pretty great though.

Nymerio

Just sold my GTX570 for €300, I'll be getting a 680 tomorrow to tide me over till the 800 series releases next year. feelsgoodman.jpg

FYC

Banned
Quote for Serious Sam: The Random Encounter and Double D keys.

Also should I play HD first / second encounter or classic :v

Grief.exe

I fixed it. I used in game AA with dsfix AA.

Okay I think I made a huge mistake. 10 minutes in I have a sword.. hilt!? And campfires revive enemies? And there's 3 enemies, an archer, and the next room the guy has a sword shield and armor. I was proud of myself for killing 1 guy... OMG

Just keep looking around, you will find a sword.

This game is all about exploring and experiencing the atmosphere...and a good challenge.

nexen

Just keep looking around, you will find a sword.

This game is all about exploring and experiencing the atmosphere...and a good challenge.

This may be heresy around these parts but I'd really prefer it if the enemies didn't revive whenever I used a campfire.

Grief.exe

Xbox One controller on Amazon for $60

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CMQTUSS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This may be heresy around these parts but I'd really prefer it if the enemies didn't revive whenever I used a campfire.

It gives you a choice.

Heal and restore your flasks, or press on without the enemies.

It wouldn't really be fun if you could just kill 2 enemies, come back to the fire, and repeat until you have zerg'd through the area.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just sold my GTX570 for €300, I'll be getting a 680 tomorrow to tide me over till the 800 series releases next year. feelsgoodman.jpg
Was it a foil?

It gives you a choice.

Heal and restore your flasks, or press on without the enemies.

It wouldn't really be fun if you could just kill 2 enemies, come back to the fire, and repeat until you have zerg'd through the area.
It would be funnier than it is now, at least to me. I'm not a fan of repeating long/boring sections. In fact, I'm not a fact of repeating sections, period.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
4 minutes in and I regret adding Strike Suit Zero to my account.

Off to the dump you go.

Are you saying that you wish you could strike it from your account? That the game doesn't suit your tastes? That you wouldn't even recommend the game for zero dollars?

Does it work with a PC yet?
Let me go check mine real quick.

Edit: not working.

derExperte

Triple Town is a very boring game, I don't get the appeal at all. Does anything new happen after the first hour? Why should I continue?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Valve will save us, the neglected bastards sons of Microsoft, like they always have.

I just hope their controller comes soon.

Grief.exe

4 minutes in and I regret adding Strike Suit Zero to my account.

Off to the dump you go.

Seems a little fast to make a judgement like that. Game looks pretty solid, whats the problem?

Does it work with a PC yet?

It isn't even released.

Hopefully it just used XInput drivers, and Microsoft doesn't try to give us 'features' that require convoluted, and unsupported, drivers.

Hope they release a wired PC controller

Edit: we haven't seen any wired controllers or wireless dongles so I think it's too early to tell now.

They all have the ability to go through USB.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I've got a real Sophie's choice here:

Triple Town has trading cards and they are of decent value, but I don't want the game anywhere near my account after further devaluing it with Strike Suit Zero today.

Baha

I've got a real Sophie's choice here:

Triple Town has trading cards and they are of decent value, but I don't want the game anywhere near my account after further devaluing it with Strike Suit Zero today.

Give it to a friend or family member with a steam account, get cards from them?

derExperte

Well you're supposed to idle in the game until you get your 6 card drops and then sell those on the market. I think the part where you receive money is pretty exciting.

And of course the 'sold' emails are coming in hard and fast. But I had fun with Cubemen 2 for a while and remember people actually liking TT. You never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom