• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

It's because the Kickstarter tier for Early access was $90, it's for actual supporters and not just casual gamers yet.

This was my guess, and understandable, but I have issues with this as well.

1. If the idea was to contribute 90$ to a KS to get early access, have it remain special, and don’t make it freely available like this. Send the backers a steam key and let them flaunt their early access that way.
2. The early access stuff always seemed silly to me. It’s not early access if I can pay money to play it, it’s readily available. Kerbel Space Program is readily available to buy, and is now having a weekend deal, so what is so “early access” about it? It’s OUT! I can play it if I want to and put money. It’s a reach to make the comparison, but why not add Early Access to every game now since all games are getting patches and DLC and all sorts of stuff? Bah

New cards.

Monaco
A.R.E.S.
Trine 2
They Bleed Pixels
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten

Thy Bleed Pixels is a really fun game, looking forward to playing it this weekend
Didn't really like ARES when I played it originally, might give it another go, can at least trade the cards away

Nymerio

How did you con someone into paying that much money for a used 570? Give me his address!

Was it a foil?

It would be funnier than it is now, at least to me. I'm not a fan of repeating long/boring sections. In fact, I'm not a fact of repeating sections, period.

Lol the guy needed the card QUICK. I had to drive home from work to get it. Apparently he couldn't be bothered to go to some store and and get like a 660 or something. /shrug

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
planet2sogj.png

wut?

is that price for real?

I'm pretty sure $90 was the kickstarter backing level necessary to get into this phase of the alpha, if they made it cheaper they'd piss off everyone who funded the project in the first place.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Is it actually worth it to complete badges right now? I'm guessing every single card will go down in price after this thing leaves beta.

zkylon

zkylewd
funky smugglers is like the best name for a game ever

Oh. Why? I really liked it. When I played it, it really felt like some Megaman. Was just too short.

I can't really say why, I'm not really into megaman but I can appreciate how creative the megaman games are with level design and weapons and whatnot and ares felt just plain pedestrian and for some reason I hated it for it.

I dunno, I was on a couple months that my video card was broken and could only run low-end games or it'd blow up so I just grabbed all the short indie games I could find and beat them and I think ares was my least favorite...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom