• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Hi people.

Every so often a user will go to change their email, and never receive the new email confirmation. They then get locked out of their account. I'm not sure the cause of the bug, and it doesn't happen to everyone, but clearly it happens to some people.

If this has happened to you, please add me on Steam (Search for stumpo or stumpokapow, avatar is a dog) and PM me your account username and email. I will get it solved for you in a day or two.

DO NOT contact me if you have registered a GAF account but it was never activated to begin with. I do not deal with account activations, I cannot and will not help you about that. ONLY contact me if you are a current GAF user who got locked out of their account accidentally.

Ill add this post to the next Steam OT

Leks

I guess Skulls of the Shogun is coming soon.

ibe4wgE5yvCKVE.png

Finally a Windows 7 version!

Hi people.

Every so often a user will go to change their email, and never receive the new email confirmation. They then get locked out of their account. I'm not sure the cause of the bug, and it doesn't happen to everyone, but clearly it happens to some people.

If this has happened to you, please add me on Steam (Search for stumpo or stumpokapow, avatar is a dog) and PM me your account username and email. I will get it solved for you in a day or two.

DO NOT contact me if you have registered a GAF account but it was never activated to begin with. I do not deal with account activations, I cannot and will not help you about that. ONLY contact me if you are a current GAF user who got locked out of their account accidentally.

Do you work for Valve?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Can an activated member switch to a free email?
Just occurred to me right now, might be losing my ISP email soonish.

We do not typically allow this. If you get in a situation where you have absolutely no qualifying email, PM me and we will try to work something out.

(Sorry, I didn't want to derail the thread like this, I've just done a few of these requests lately and wanted to make sure anyone who needed that service was able to get it)

Do you work for Valve?

Heh, I meant GAF account, not Steam account.

Woorloog

Banned
We do not typically allow this. If you get in a situation where you have absolutely no qualifying email, PM me and we will try to work something out.

(Sorry, I didn't want to derail the thread like this, I've just done a few of these requests lately and wanted to make sure anyone who needed that service was able to get it)

OK, thanks. One worry out of my mind... replaced by another, finding another email...
Was planning on changing ISP but not sure if others offer email.
Ah, well, i hope i won't have any problems until i get a proper email, i'll switch it then. EDIT looks like they do offer email. Good.

And sorry for OT.

cicero

Where did you get that from?
Maybe here?
http://cso.wikia.com/wiki/Counter-Strike_Online_2

They should put women in CSGO/nextCS, not like the hyper sexualized ones pictured here of course, but respectably. I was kinda excited when I saw the Anarchists in CSGO office and thought they were girls, but it turns out it was just a bunch of hipster dudes with tight pants.
Why? It's not as if there are a whole lot of examples of female terrorists or counter-terrorists in real life which can be easily translated to a semi-realistic fake modern world based on our own. The whole point is semi-realistic teams which are uniform in composition and character.

HoosTrax

How odd...Trine 2 actually runs better for me than the first game. I could barely manage 62 fps in Trine 1, yet I'm getting 80-90 fps with SSAA enabled in Trine 2.

maty

Hi people.

Every so often a user will go to change their email on their GAF account, and never receive the new email confirmation. They then get locked out of their GAF account. I'm not sure the cause of the bug, and it doesn't happen to everyone, but clearly it happens to some people. If this has happened to you, please add me on Steam (Search for stumpo or stumpokapow, avatar is a dog) and PM me your GAF account username and email. I will get it solved for you in a day or two.

Hey Stumpokapow, I'm trying to send you a PM regarding an error I get when trying to change my e-mail address, but it seems your inbox is full and my message can not get through. Let me know when you have made some space so that I can clear this issue with you via PM or I could add you on steam, whichever you prefer. Thanks

BTW, sorry for using this thread to resolve a problem with nothing to do with steam

Acorn

Holy shit, I was looking at COH2 and I noticed "Includes 362 Steam Achievements" is that some sort of non valve record?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey Stumpokapow, I'm trying to send you a PM regarding an error I get when trying to change my e-mail address, but it seems your inbox is full and my message can not get through. Let me know when you have made some space so that I can clear this issue with you via PM or I could add you on steam, whichever you prefer. Thanks

BTW, sorry for using this thread to resolve a problem with nothing to do with steam

The PM cap thing is an unusual bug, I'll PM you when it is fixed

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Do these on gamers gate activate on steam? Also how long will this sale last?

Nope. And since this is... the Steam thread, I'm assuming you want them on Steam.

Good news for you is there's no doubt the King's Bounty platinum pack will be at least 75% off in the upcoming Steam Summer Sale.

Also, considering where we are, the people asking "does this recommendation activate on Steam" is perfectly understandable.

xelios

Recap of current Steam activated deals.

[Amazon]
  • CAG Bundle 3 - $9.99
    • Dead Pixel
    • Tower Wars
    • Triple Town
  • CAG Bundle 4 - $9.99
    • Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon
    • Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood
    • Primal Fears
    • Ticket to Ride
    • Tiny & Big in: Grandpa's Leftovers
  • Digital Tribe Indie Grab Bag - $9.99
    • Cargo Commander
    • Kung Fu Strike
    • Section 8
    • Stronghold 3 Gold
  • Gaijin Tripped Out Pack - $9.99
    • Bit Trip Beat
    • Bit Trip Core
    • Bit Trip Runner
    • Bit Trip Void
  • Indie Quintet - $9.99
    • Galaxy on Fire 2 HD
    • Little Inferno
    • Stealth Bastard Deluxe
    • Strike Suit Zero
    • The Cave
  • Oh So Fine and Dandy Bundle - $9.99
    • Brutal Legend
    • Costume Quest
    • Iron Brigade
    • Psychonauts
    • Stacking
    • The Cave
[Gamefly] - use code GFDJUN20 or GFDJUN20UK for an additional 20% off
[Gamersgate] - use code elder-geek.com for an additional 5% off
[Gamestop]
[GMG] - use code GMG20-6WUSQ-LBC4U for an additional 20% off
[Humble Weekly]
  • $1.00+
    • Anomaly: Warzone Earth
[Indie Gala]
  • Indie Gala June - $1.00+
    • Pirates of the Black Cove
  • Indie Gala June - $3.60+
    • Aquanox
    • Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection
    • Vessel
    • ? Mystery Game ?
  • Indie Gala June - $5.94+
    • A New Beginning Final Cut
    • Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
    • Star Ruler
    • Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition
    • ? Mystery Game ?
    • ? Mystery Game ?
[Indie Gala Store] - Price in parentheses is obtained by using Gala points earned from previous bundle purchases
[Paradox Shop]
  • Crusader Kings II - $10.00
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome - $1.25
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion - $2.50
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam - $2.50

Sorry if posted

Valve Employee said:
The current plan is to update game counts this week. We are thinking of this:
Profile "Games" link shows only game count, no DLC and no free games
Game Collector badge uses this new number
Game Collector showcase shows DLC count and Game count

Also we Valve employees will not get the Game Collector badge, our count will effectively be whatever we bought before joining Valve... so I'll probably have to kick myself out of the group

xelios

Ah...is that a new sub? I feel like there was a reason why I never played this game when I bought it as part of the Strategy First bundle years and years ago, but I can't remember what the reason was. Maybe it was a considered a large download back then.

I'm unsure of why it's returned, but only through that link. The same has happened with a few other games recently, the original Two Worlds vanilla for example.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=34541228&postcount=373

Watevaman

Would you guys say Black Ops is worth the $16 with the code? While I'm not too fond of the 4 hour campaigns that have become the staple of CoD and I don't play the MP, I do enjoy the setpieces and I've yet to play zombies on the PC versions of the games.

Wallach

Are some Steam codes automatically added to your library if you redeem them? My new GPU came with a code for Metro: Last Light and I'm not really sure I'd play it. I don't want to redeem it myself unless I know I can add it to my inventory instead of my library, though.

DTKT

Are some Steam codes automatically added to your library if you redeem them? My new GPU came with a code for Metro: Last Light and I'm not really sure I'd play it. I don't want to redeem it myself unless I know I can add it to my inventory instead of my library, though.

I think that keys you redeem are directly added to your library.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

It goes directly to your library.

They go directly into your account, not inventory.

Giran

[*]King's Bounty Bundle - $0.99
  • King's Bounty: The Legend
[*]King's Bounty Bundle - $3.99
  • King's Bounty: Armored Princess

That's a real steal. The King's Bounty games are fantastic and packed to brim with content. Even if you're somewhat interested in TBS but put off by the slow pace of games like Heroes and Disciples, this series is still worth checking out as they have real time movement and questing so it will feel much faster paced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom