• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
After playing dark souls all weekend I now just want to go into a coma until dark souls 2 drops.

March is too far away :(

speaking of Dark Souls....is there any easy way to get back into the game? I stepped away for a bit and have no freaking clue where i'm at or where to head next. I'm assuming following a guide and guessing is the easiest way?

speaking of Dark Souls....is there any easy way to get back into the game? I stepped away for a bit and have no freaking clue where i'm at or where to head next. I'm assuming following a guide and guessing is the easiest way?

Check which Boss Souls you have (assuming you haven't consumed them yet).

FloatOn

game goes like this:

1) ring two bells

2) catch a gargoyle ride in sen's fortress to anor londo

3) murder ornstein and smough in anor londo and get the lord vessel

4) turn in lord vessel to frampt or the evil snake

5) kill the 4 lords

6) kill gwyn

Check which Boss Souls you have (assuming you haven't consumed them yet).

Thanks I'll check that.

game goes like this:
1) ring two bells

5) kill the 4 lords

6) kill gwyn

Shit I only think I rang one bell so far. Guess I wasn't very far!

Thanks guys.

Grief.exe

game goes like this:

1) ring two bells

5) kill the 4 lords

6) kill gwyn

Spoilers man

Dark Souls should be experienced with little to no information.

Thanks I'll check that.

Shit I only think I rang one bell so far. Guess I wasn't very far!

Thanks guys.

If you've only rang one bell, then you have to go down to Blightown.

The guy in Firelink will give you directions.

I suggest using the key you found in the parish on the door near Solaire.

Spoilers man

Dark Souls should be experienced with little to no information.

If you've only rang one bell, then you have to go down to Blightown.

The guy in Firelink will give you directions.

I suggest using the key you found in the parish on the door near Solaire.

i just spoilered it in my post so it doesn't spread.

Blightown sounds familiar. I think the last boss i took out was the one in that shitty corridor, can't remember the name right now. I think what you said helps haha.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Now that you guys are talking about Dark Souls, I just remembered this: yesterday my cousin came to my home, and wanted to show me how to play that game (since I completely suck at it). Turns out that, since my internet was out and had been for almost a week now, I had to launch Steam in offline mode. No problem, it opened very fast, almost faster than when I'm connected to the internet. I tried to open the game, and then a stupid message box appeared, saying "Failed to contact key server". That's when I remembered that this game had GFWL. And the funny thing was that I had already launched it before, so it should have had a key attached to it.

So to end this story time, we were unable to play Dark Souls offline, and had to resign to play some Serious Sam 3 in splitscreen co-op (which, by the way, has a TERRIBLE level design; I don't know if it was because of the screen being divided in 2 parts or something else, but passageways and doors were almost impossible to see). I can't wait for that stupid GFWL shit to die a horrible death. It won't be missed.

Nope. It just adds resolution support and a bunch of other stuff.

Thanks! I saw that beta code earlier but was too scared to try if I had to begin from scratch. Was kinda funny when the game threw an "can't stop playing SONG ID X" error but still continued after ignoring it.

edit: Shit, now my controller doesn't work anymore.

Nabs

Thanks! I saw that beta code earlier but was too scared to try if I had to begin from scratch. Was kinda funny when the game threw an "can't stop playing SONG ID X" error but still continued after ignoring it.

360 pad?

Nabs

Weeklong Deals:

Anodyne (-50%) - $4.99
Bridge Project (-50%) - $9.99
Incredipede (-50%) -$4.99
Krater (-75%) - $3.75 / $6.75 2x
MAGIX Movie Maker (-33%) - $66.99
Quantum Conundrum (-50%) - $4.49
ARES (-75%) - $2.49
Midnight Mysteries Series (-75%) - $7.49
Alien Breed Series (-75%) - $5.75

Tenrius

My Logitech F710 works with the beta. I had the crashes as well.

If the 48/100 Metascore isn't enough to scare you off, the Steamworks-friendly Special Forces: Team X is on sale ($3.75 USD, extra 5% off with the code elder-geek.com) at GamersGate right now.

There's other Atari stuff on sale there too, including the delisted-from-Steam Ghostbusters, but that's the only one that seems to come with a Steam Key.

Weeklong Deals:

Anodyne (-50%)
Bridge Project (-50%)
Incredipede (-50%)
Krater (-75%)
MAGIX Movie Maker (-33%)
Quantum Conundrum (-50%)
ARES (-75%)
Midnight Mysteries Series (-75%)
Alien Breed Series (-75%)

I really want Incredipede but it's super likely to be in a Indie Bundle at some point and the summer sale is looming. :( 75% would've swayed me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The possibly more appealing Kairo is also a daily deal at GMG ($2.72 USD) - not sure if there's an active 20% coupon to stack onto that, though.
This one is really cool. One time I stayed up late spectating/chatting with a guy who was doing an LP stream of it. It's like the Zen version of Myst.

GG also has a ton of deals going on right now from shitty to decent games. The King's Bounty series will always have my recommendation for people who haven't played it. Just make sure you play windowed in the game's native resolution unless you have a 16:10 monitor because the stretching technique it uses does weird stuff to the text.

I'm having so much fun with Civilization V right now, so addicting.

Trying to get a political victory as Rome right now.

Just one more turn.....

That game is crack. Did find out Subs can't attack land units. Pretty awesome that they can still get the 'increased damage to land units' skill. Thought I was ready to lay waste to Sweden, turns out I brought a napkin to a knife fight....

poor bastards don't have guns yet

Ezalc

This one is really cool. One time I stayed up late spectating/chatting with a guy who was doing an LP stream of it. It's like the Zen version of Myst.

GG also has a ton of deals going on right now from shitty to decent games. The King's Bounty series will always have my recommendation for people who haven't played it. Just make sure you play windowed in the game's native resolution unless you have a 16:10 monitor because the stretching technique it uses does weird stuff to the text.

Kings bounty series isn't on sale though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom