• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I felt forced to buy the Borderlands 2 Season pass, so that's what i did.
LLShC.gif

36v31C9.jpg

FloatOn

I thought this was some cheat DLC

Then I remembered that it's some crappy looking game published by Atlus

And then I remembered that we've been sold cheats for a good part of this generation

:(

the question is, is this actually crappy or awesomely crappy?

seems kind of like horde mode + unreal tournament mutators, which I can appreciate.

Am I allowed to bitch yet that AoE2HD still hasn't unlocked? Day's half over, broskis, I NEEEEEEEEEEEEED some paladin stomping action.

Also, is there no OT?

God Mode looks pretty interesting.
I just might go for it.

From the footage I've seen, the only thing I don't like is how much red covers the screen when near death.

Dr Dogg

Okay. Might re buy it then so I do not have to load up Origin.

No shouldn't need to. It asks you for you login details and if you have a key for BC2 and Vietnam on your Origin Account already it should just let you in no probs. I've got the copy of the base game I bought on Steam also linked on Origin and what ever version I end up using it's the same account.

For a moment I thought the daily was Battlefield 3.

Anyway I own that game on Origin. Yep you heard right, I have games on Origin.

Dr Dogg

I'd have no need for Origin if EA put up The Saboteur on Steam.

That's a game I've been umming and ahing over for a long time. Always on sale for £5 but I always chicken out. It's not like my pc isn't already infected with Origin so I don't know why I've never bought it.

nexen

I have about 20 games on origin.

I'd have more if they had decent sales. Had my eye on NFS: ProStreet, BF2142, and Mercs2, and Saboteur for the longest time.

Addnan

Never bought from Gamefly before. Tried buying a game and its saying they need to call me or I need to call them to verify a purchase. wtf, it was only £3.99. Who steals a card and buys something for £3.99 ;_; I don't want to talk to them :( Can I cancel the order, I don't want to deal with them.

JaseC

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is $15 on Gamersgate, and is Steamable:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-EUROTS2/euro-truck-simulator-2

I think that's the cheapest it's been, it was still $20 when it had a daily deal on Steam.

It was $12 via GMG earlier in the year (half off + 20% discount code).

Never bought from Gamefly before. Tried buying a game and its saying they need to call me or I need to call them to verify a purchase. wtf, it was only £3.99. Who steals a card and buys something for £3.99 ;_; I don't want to talk to them :( Can I cancel the order, I don't want to deal with them.

Tell the rep you're ordering from a country outside of those GameFly sells the product to and he/she will happily cancel the order as well as your account. ;)

Addnan

Tell the rep you're ordering from a country outside of those GameFly sells the product to and he/she will happily cancel the order as well as your account. ;)
lol, but I am from the UK. I am buying from the UK website, no idea why they would need to review the purchase.

JaseC

lol, but I am from the UK. I am buying from the UK website, no idea why they would need to review the purchase.

Is this your first purchase using the account? I'd assume order verification is standard procedure in such cases, as heavy-handed as it may seem.

Grief.exe

Pretty solid debut, see what happens during the evening rush.

The game isn't even fully released yet, this release right now seems like a paid Beta test.

uQ8zkcu.png

infinite TF2 items really did went to the shitter in price

i'll just keep them for now

That's my plan as well.

Impatient people just racing to the bottom, I'll wait 6 months.

Addnan

Is this your first purchase using the account? I'd assume order verification is standard procedure in such cases, as heavy-handed as it may seem.
yeah, my first purchase. Got a game for free on there before though. Just sent of an email, we'll see what happens. Pretty crazy you have to do this for such a low price purchase.

JaseC

infinite TF2 items really did went to the shitter in price

i'll just keep them for now

I wanted to sell my items in time for AoE2's early release yesterday (I was still considering it at the time) and had to relist 2 or 3 of the more trivial items at 15~20c less to do so -- they'd been pushed off the first page.

kami_sama

HELL YES!!!

In one afternoon, Hexagonest, Hexagon Hyper Mode and Hexagoner Hyper Mode completed!
Around 5 hours, I think.
Hexagonest is more difficult than the other 2, I don't know why. Also, I disabled vsync and the controls became a whole new order of magnitude better.

M.D

Playing Bioshock... got to
Sander Cohen
last night, it's reaching almost too creepy levels for me right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom