• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Plenty of time to hem and haw! Cheers.

I was just thinking what i'd buy next and realized that Runner 2 is something I know i'll play right away to completion, so it was worth it

the other new releases like Evoland and all that are kinda in the "meh" territory for me now so yeah

just Fez, and maybe AOEII HD next

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
It's here it's here it's here it's here

Metro Last Light preorder up on Steam!

Preorder is $50, but if you already own Metro 2033 (which all of you should!), it's only $45. And yes, it comes with all the preorder stuff that was announced a while ago, as well as a comic book, which I've just learned about:

Pre-order and receive the Limited Edition for Free!

*Ranger Mode - Experience complete immersion. No HUD. Less bullets. Brutal Combat. Hardcore.

*Modified Russian Rifle - A compact but deadly Russian assault rifle, perfect for claustrophobic combat.

*Extra Military Grade Bullets - Coveted for their ability to kill, these bullets are also the currency of the Metro. Will you use them in battle or purchase precious resources? The choice is yours.

*Metro Last Light Digital Comic - Created by Dmitry Glukhovsky

Grief.exe

I'm having a lot of fun with AoE II, beat the tutorial campaign with William Wallace and moving onto Joan of Arc next.

I'm having fun just micro managing my cities and villagers, while I build up a massive army.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
His son asks before bed, "Can I be anything I want, Papa?"
Tears welling in the corners of his eyes, "Son..." he trails.
The pillow flips and the struggle is over.
He could have been Serious Sam 3. He couldn't take that chance.

What's funny here is that I am actually a published poet. Not a joke.
slowclap.gif

See? I was right, what you do IS poetry. Toilet poetry, the best kind.

Phinor

infinite TF2 items really did went to the shitter in price

That reminds me. I wonder what happens with Company of Heroes 2 hats that were already handed out now that Sega completely changed the pre-order content. No more hats as a pre-order bonus but as I said, the hats were already given out for previous pre-orders. They are not tradable yet and obviously they might add those hats back into Steam pre-orders, but there's chance that the hats become slightly more rare than expected.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It's here it's here it's here it's here

Metro Last Light preorder up on Steam!

Preorder is $50, but if you already own Metro 2033 (which all of you should!), it's only $45. And yes, it comes with all the preorder stuff that was announced a while ago, as well as a comic book, which I've just learned about:

I don't really intend to buy this game but that is awesome. I wish more companies did stuff like that.

Grief.exe

That reminds me. I wonder what happens with Company of Heroes 2 hats that were already handed out now that Sega completely changed the pre-order content. No more hats as a pre-order bonus but as I said, the hats were already given out for previous pre-orders. They are not tradable yet and obviously they might add those hats back into Steam pre-orders, but there's chance that the hats become slightly more rare than expected.

They went away from the tiered unlock system? That is interesting.

Those hats might just be in limbo, they have to physically allow them to become tradable it seems.

They may just sit in your inventory, untradable.

GAMERG0D

Is it just me or is the Steam Community website wonky at times? It randomly signs me out for a page or two and sometimes says I have 0 friends or games.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Is it just me or is the Steam Community website wonky at times? It randomly signs me out for a page or two and sometimes says I have 0 friends or games.

Yep. It's also been in Finnish for me the past few days and I can't figure out what's going on.

Dr Dogg

Yep. It's also been in Finnish for me the past few days and I can't figure out what's going on.

Yep been like that for me since the recent wave of update. Slow as speeds in the client as well. Just assumed it's my rubbish ISP or a squrriel had gotten in the cabinet.

I had the exact same problem. Try adding /?l=english after what ever pages loads up in Finnish. There's now a option next to your name in the community section to change to a gazillion languages but seams a little finicky at the moment.

97xRbyI.png

Oddly there's no option to change it back to English if you select another language. Edit: Appears that English is only an option if it's not the current language.

Grief.exe

Yep been like that for me since the recent wave of update. Slow as speeds in the client as well. Just assumed it's my rubbish ISP or a squrriel had gotten in the cabinet.

lol

That happens to me too, just log in and set your language (drop down menu in the upper right hand corner).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Someone help me!!!

I just played 3 hours non-stop of Super Hexagon, and I still can't beat Hexagonest T__T
After extensive and thorough research on the matter, I came to the conclusion that Hexagonest is, in fact, impossible. Whoever tells you differently is a liar, or a cheater.

Especially now that I have a Junior imposter! (That's Saoirse during her short hair phase, in case the weird avatar resizing bug makes that unclear.)
Haha, you have your own personal fans/copycats/cosplayers now.

fuck it bought Runner 2

those surprise coupons were smart
Best thing you could have done today.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It logs me off every time I access it, despite always selecting the "Remember me" checkbox.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
rofl so pathetic that ranger mode is a pre-order bonus now...

It's gonna be sold as day one DLC once the game is out proper, which is still lame (should be part of the base game).

It's like if Irrational sold 1999 Mode for Bioshock Infinite as day one DLC.

Grief.exe

It's gonna be sold as day one DLC once the game is out proper, which is still lame (should be part of the base game).

It's like if Irrational sold 1999 Mode for Bioshock Infinite as day one DLC.

Deep Silver isn't looking so good as a publisher now.

Tier 1

Free Metro 2033

Tier 2

Metro TF2 Hats and weapons

Tier 3

Free Dead Island GOTY

HoosTrax

I just had a "I'm embarrassed to be a modern gamer" moment in Divine Divinity. Died after trying out the teleporter stone out of morbid curiosity. Stared at my corpse for a minute waiting to be respawned in town. Finally Googled and found that there is no respawn, and you should save frequently to avoid permadeath.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
For a brief moment, I thought your list was real and had just been added to the store page. :p

I wish. Valve has been pretty bad about promo weapons lately.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I just had a "I'm embarrassed to be a modern gamer" moment in Divine Divinity. Died after trying out the teleporter stone out of morbid curiosity. Stared at my corpse for a minute waiting to be respawned in town. Finally Googled and found that there is no respawn, and you should save frequently to avoid permadeath.

Perma...death? LOL Too funny. Great game. There are still plenty of recent PC games that require you to save manually, though.

Grief.exe

I don't think we should expect every publisher to be like 2K and give out half their catalog for free.

Free Dead Island could be great advertising for something like Dead Island Riptide.

And helps them generate buzz and revenue from Last Light.

Metro 2033 is almost a zero sum property now. THQ devalued it by giving it away for free on Facebook and the Humble Bundle.
Of course the brand recognition from that has increased significantly, but the value of the individual game is low.

I've seen a couple promotional give aways of Dead Island sponsored by Deep Silver. Probably totaling to 20,000 copies, but still a fairly decent amount.

For a brief moment, I thought your list was real and had just been added to the store page. :p

I wish. Valve has been pretty bad about promo weapons lately.

Ya I think 2K and Valve missed a huge opportunity by not releasing the Shotgun from Infinite.

It is literally the exact action of the Scout's default weapon.

EDIT: Valve might not like reskins of weapons in TF2.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Ya I think 2K and Valve missed a huge opportunity by not releasing the Shotgun from Infinite.

It is literally the exact action of the Scout's default weapon.

EDIT: Valve might not like reskins of weapons in TF2.

That's why the DX:HR promo items were so cool: the weapons had unique stats. I wish they released those kinds of promos more often.

Sleeping Dogs' TF2 promos (and a frikkin' map!) are another good example of how to do it right.

Grief.exe

That's why the DX:HR promo items were so cool: the weapons had unique stats. I wish they released those kinds of promos more often.

Sleep Dogs' TF2 promos (and a frikkin' map!) are another good example of how to do it right.

Ya I think they like to have unique items with unique stats, but doing things like that is time consuming and potentially game breaking.

And that map was actually created by a community member, I love that map

Kong King takes place in the middle of an unspecified Chinese city. It is the first official map released by Valve that is set in an urban environment. It is based on the video game Sleeping Dogs and was created by community member Valentin Levillain, aka 3Dnj.

Free Dead Island could be great advertising for something like Dead Island Riptide.

And helps them generate buzz and revenue from Last Light.

Metro 2033 is almost a zero sum property now. THQ devalued it by giving it away for free on Facebook and the Humble Bundle.
Of course the brand recognition from that has increased significantly, but the value of the individual game is low.

I've seen a couple promotional give aways of Dead Island sponsored by Deep Silver. Probably totaling to 20,000 copies, but still a fairly decent amount.

I'm actually surprised THQ was allowed to do that. I guess nobody at Deep Silver expected it when they made that deal. Or they just couldn't do anything about it.

1-D_FTW

Deep Silver isn't looking so good as a publisher now.

Tier 1

Free Metro 2033

Tier 2

Tier 3

Free Dead Island GOTY

Damn you, bastard. "Tier 2 had me excited."

This is my last free game I have coming. See it's already been added to my account. Was hoping from some TF2 crap I could flip on the marketplace.

Dr Dogg

I'm actually surprised THQ was allowed to do that. I guess nobody at Deep Silver expected it when they made that deal. Or they just couldn't do anything about it.

More worrying is that Steam tells me I have 94 friends who own Metro 2033 compared to 93 who own Team Fortress 2.

Enco

This pre order tier thing is great.

Free games (esp XCom quality) are the best bet to get me to pre order. They don't lose much since the games are already kinda old.

chixdiggit

Any one know what happens if I add a code for a game I already have? Will it be added to my inventory? In this case it's X-Com from Amazon. Already own the game and just want to trade it (hopefully for Sang Froid).

Any one know what happens if I add a code for a game I already have? Will it be added to my inventory? In this case it's X-Com from Amazon. Already own the game and just want to trade it (hopefully for Sang Froid).
Send me the code so i can see if i can help you.

Nothing friend. The code still works no problems, trade away

chixdiggit

You said you had the game before enetering the code, right? So no, it won't be added to your inventory, it will remain forever a code.

THAT'S A DEAL YOU SHOULD [SPOLIER]NOT[/SPOILER] ACCEPT!

No I never entered the code. I just have the code. Thanks for the reply... and the advice haha

Kerub

Banned
Aww hey I figured that's a fair deal! ;-) No seriously if anyone still want to get bit.trip runner 2 for a cheaper price, just give me a shout. Nothing needed in trade of course.

No I never entered the code. I just have the code. Thanks for the reply... and the advice haha
No problems my friend. Speaking of trades, im in such a good mood today that im willing to trade my very valuable DOTA 2 key for that Xcom code. Private message me before i change my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom