• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
only if Nintendo make sure to secure the franchise rights? and most games are developed in PC environment before being ported to consoles, so this is not indicative of anything ..

If Sega wanted to give Nintendo franchise rights, it'd have sold the IP altogether, not merely allowed the funding of a sequel (Bayonetta isn't a transmedia brand a la Star Wars). Also, you seem to be missing one key detail in the image: the Nvidia 3D Vision glasses.

Deques

neveragain00yi7.jpg

Never again. I had to repeat the last few as the game crashed and partially reset my progress.

This vehicle is the biggest bastard in the whole game:

orque_grandois_21ttiuxkv.png

Its spawn rate has to be 0.01%.

104 vehicles? And the vehicles randomly appears? That sucks, for achievement hunters >.<

BorntoPlay

If Sega wanted to give Nintendo franchise rights, it'd have sold the IP altogether, not merely allowed the funding of a sequel (Bayonetta isn't a transmedia brand a la Star Wars). Also, you seem to be missing one key detail in the image: the Nvidia 3D Vision glasses.

maybe the picture is old...I dont know, either way I'll be surprised if it ends out on Steam...=P

JaseC

maybe the picture is old...I dont know, either way I'll be surprised if it ends out on Steam...=P

Oh, it is old; I was just making the point that a PC version does exist in some form, so a belated PC release would be (relatively) quick and easy.

104 vehicles? And the vehicles randomly appears? That sucks, for achievement hunters >.<

Every vehicle in the game has at least one or two locations where it's known to spawn, but in many cases they don't always appear (either at all or they're substituted with a similar vehicle). That boat in particular was a prick of a thing to nail down.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Every vehicle in the game has at least one or two locations where it's known to spawn, but in many cases they don't always appear (either at all or they're substituted with a similar vehicle). That boat in particular was a prick of a thing to nail down.

I remember playing through this on the 360 and having to hunt down some sort of huge military aircraft that only spawned in the process of taking off at a remote airbase somewhere so you had to hijack it as you were approaching. Oh the fun I had.

Dingotech

I'm not achievement hunting, they just happen to be tied to the game's completion statistics. That said, it does bother me a little that I'll be two achievements short of unlocking the lot once I've finished the campaign.

Come on! If you're that close to finishing them all then you might as well get the last few!

I assume it means replaying the whole game though. >_<

JaseC

I remember playing through this on the 360 and having to hunt down some sort of huge military aircraft that only spawned in the process of taking off at a remote airbase somewhere so you had to hijack it as you were approaching. Oh the fun I had.

Yeah, I think I remember that one.

It'll be interesting to see who's handling the PC port of Rising.

----

No surprise, but Rayman Legends has been unveiled in the registry

Maybe there won't be a delay.

Still no Rayman Forever in the pre-order sub. Come on, Ubi! ;)

Come on! If you're that close to finishing them all then you might as well get the last few!

I assume it means replaying the whole game though. >_<

Yeah, you can't repeat completed missions or change the difficulty mid-game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
All I really want from Konami at this point is the original PC versions of Silent Hill 2 and 3 with a few tweaks. They're capable of non-broken widescreen and iirc Silent Hill 3 has built in downsampling among other fairly advanced options in it. The PC versions are there, all they have to do is dig out the floppies they backed up the masters to.
And Shattered Memories, don't forget about the best* game in the franchise.

*: coincidentally, it's the only one I've played

Addnan

Have been looking at how much people charge for games that have been removed from steam. Holy shit. The lowest for Blur is 18 keys, which is fair compared to what everyone else is asking for 30-40. Do people really buy these!?

Deques

Have been looking at how much people charge for games that have been removed from steam. Holy shit. The lowest for Blur is 18 keys, which is fair compared to what everyone else is asking for 30-40. Do people really buy these!?

Buy cheap and resell at high price. Sounds like there is a possibility to earn from those games

JaseC

The QuakeCon Sale is a rather dull event considering Bethesda's limited catalogue. Looking through it, I need only:

- Rogue Warrior
- Rage guide
- Hunted: The Demon's Forge guide
- Brink guide

There's also the the Skyrim DLC and guide, but I don't see them being more than 50% off at this stage.

Echoplx

QuakeCon sale only brings back bad memories for me, buying the Doom pack and then seeing the games scattered throughout my library :( It still hurts.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
neveragain00yi7.jpg

Never again. I had to repeat the last few as the game crashed and partially reset my progress.

This vehicle is the biggest bastard in the whole game:

orque_grandois_21ttiuxkv.png

Its spawn rate has to be 0.01%.
Congrats, Jase! I'm super addicted to this game right now, here's hoping I'm either lucky with the spawning or not so interested anymore when it comes to the vehicles, haha.

The game list in Steam is starting to look messy and have too many games that are not sorted into categories.
The category feature in Steam is the worst thing I've ever dealt with though, it would take ages to sort all games I own (how does Xelios/Jasec manage?!?!?)
So, is there an easy way to create categories and put multiple games in respective category?

Also, what categories do you have and how do you decide where to put a game?
These are the categories I use right now:

• ASS (crappy games I don't care for, might change to ZZZZZ to move it to the bottom)
  • COMMANDOS (old category, will probably move into Strategy)
  • FPS
  • PUZZLE
  • RACING
  • RHYTHM
  • STRATEGY
  • VALVE (feels good to have all valve games in one category, but how well would it work with other devs?)
  • GAMES (unsorted)

didamangi

The game list in Steam is starting to look messy and have too many games that are not sorted into categories.
The category feature in Steam is the worst thing I've ever dealt with though, it would take ages to sort all games I own (how does Xelios/Jasec manage?!?!?)
So, is there an easy way to create categories and put multiple games in respective category?

• ASS (crappy games I don't care for, might change to ZZZZZ to move it to the bottom)
  • FPS
  • PUZZLE
  • RACING
  • RHYTHM
  • STRATEGY
  • VALVE (feels good to have all valve games in one category, but how well would it work with other devs?)
  • GAMES (unsorted)

https://code.google.com/p/depressurizer/

JaseC

• FPS
  • PUZZLE
  • RACING
  • RHYTHM
  • STRATEGY
  • GAMES (unsorted)

Depressurizer comes in handy if you have a larger library. I actually don't bother with categories at all aside from when I add non-Steam shortcuts.

• FPS
  • PUZZLE
  • RACING
  • RHYTHM
  • STRATEGY
  • GAMES (unsorted)

I used to spend a lot of time trying to work out where to put all my Indie titles... now I just use an Indie category. It feels lazy, but there are so many that don't really fit a more conventional category, it's easier to just slot them in there. Saves a lot of Indie-related headscratching...

tumblr_m8vdy4y5Ho1qmiu77o2_500.gif

I am continuing to get Dota 2 card drops even though I got my max card drops a very long time go. Its very random and not anywhere near the rate of your intial drops..but still.

• FPS
  • PUZZLE
  • RACING
  • RHYTHM
  • STRATEGY
  • GAMES (unsorted)

I have:
- CO-OP / MULTIPLAYER
- FINISHED (not a lot of games in this category :p)
- GAMES
- INDIE
- TRASH (aka Bad Rats)

FloatOn

It's a third person shooter.

A prequel to xcom that they tried to make to draw in the gears of derp crowd.

And I wouldn't get the sequel to one of the best coop games ever for that? Psh.

you've lost your damn mind.

watch the giant bomb quick look on the bureau:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEh6NnLPUUs

this game is dare I say closer in line with something like valkyria chronicles with the commanding a squad and free aiming.

also, permadeath, customizing your squad and your home base with a host of side missions is all in.

this is nothing like your standard third person shooter.

Zeknurn

• FPS
  • PUZZLE
  • RACING
  • RHYTHM
  • STRATEGY
  • GAMES (unsorted)

-Backlog
-Completed
-Multiplayer
-Racing

Acccent

Categories:
-Will play
-Won't play (things I've finished, useless betas or demos, stuff I don't like or won't even ever bother to try...)

However I set them up at home and for some reason they aren't updated on my work computer. It's weird, anyone know how to fix that?

JaseC

Congrats, Jase! I'm super addicted to this game right now, here's hoping I'm either lucky with the spawning or not so interested anymore when it comes to the vehicles, haha.

Luck tends to elude me so I'm sure you'll fare better. ;) Generally speaking, finding the vehicles isn't much trouble.

I found a map viewer that analyses your save and displays the locations of the collectibles and chaos/sabotage structures you've not yet found. I've completed everything but the main missions and it looks like I've missed:

- 31 armour parts*
- 22 cash stashes
- 39 weapon parts*
- 2 SAM sites
- 7 Baby Panay statues
- 3 broadcast towers
- 11 fuel depots
- 2 gas holders
- 58 gas pumps
- 33 generators
- 23 mobile radars
- 1 offshore rig (must be one of the many untagged settlements in the game)
- 17 pipelines
- 3 propaganda trailers
- 4 transformers
- 4 water towers
- 16 wind turbines

* You receive three when you complete an agency mission.

I still have a long way to go!

Depressurizer comes in handy if you have a larger library. I actually don't bother with categories at all aside from when I add non-Steam shortcuts.

Thanks, finally I can get them sorted quickly!

smallkdance74zbo.gif

ThePeoplesBureau said:
I used to spend a lot of time trying to work out where to put all my Indie titles... now I just use an Indie category. It feels lazy, but there are so many that don't really fit a more conventional category, it's easier to just slot them in there. Saves a lot of Indie-related headscratching...

I feel the same way, there are a lot of games I'm not really sure where to put them.
Maybe I just should just have a few simple categories and haul them all in there.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone here ever buy a key from nuuvem.com.br? Just curious, because SR4 is only ~25€

Milamber

Luck tends to elude me so I'm sure you'll fare better. ;) Generally speaking, finding the vehicles isn't much trouble.

I found a map viewer that analyses your save and displays the locations of the collectibles and chaos/sabotage structures you've not yet found. I've completed everything but the main missions and it looks like I've missed:

- 31 armour parts*
- 22 cash stashes
- 39 weapon parts*
- 2 SAM sites
- 7 Baby Panay statues
- 3 broadcast towers
- 11 fuel depots
- 2 gas holders
- 58 gas pumps
- 33 generators
- 23 mobile radars
- 1 offshore rig (must be one of the many untagged settlements in the game)
- 17 pipelines
- 3 propaganda trailers
- 4 transformers
- 4 water towers
- 16 wind turbines

* You receive three when you complete an agency mission.

I still have a long way to go!
Do what I did for the destroy missions, just get a nuke C4 mod, drop several in the corners of the town you visit, stand far back and hit the detonator.

Rest can be picked by following the sound.

JaseC

Did anyone here ever buy a key from nuuvem.com.br? Just curious, because SR4 is only ~25&#8364;

I've bought a few and had no issues whatsoever.

Do what I did for the destroy missions, just get a nuke C4 mod, drop several in the corners of the town you visit, stand far back and hit the detonator.

Rest can be picked by following the sound.

They're not in towns, though, which is the problem: I have to blow them up the old fashioned way. The same goes for the collectibles -- they're in out-of-the-way places that were apparently outside the range of the proximity indicator when I was in the area in the past doing god-knows-what.

I wonder why Valve hasn't jumped on the subscription service for free games bandwagon that is heating up between Microsoft (Xbox Live) and Sony (Playstation Plus).

I actually think it'd be pretty cool to have a $8-$10 a month subscription service that included several new free games every month and discounts on stuff that non-members don't get. I'm sure they could think up some other cool perks with their community stuff (exclusive profile backgrounds?).

Anyway, call me crazy but I'd buy it.

what-no-gif.gif

JaseC

Just checked again, he spent 107 hours to get 50/50 (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043476118)

He's only like 16 and he completed it faster than you, JaseC. Shame on you!

Only a few achievements completely align with what's needed for 100% completion in-game:

- Complete 49 faction missions (there are 49 in total)
- Complete 9 stronghold takeovers (there are 9 in total)
- Drive all 104 vehicles (there are 104 in total)
- Complete story mission 7 (I'm assuming there are 7 in total)

The rest stop short somewhat (reach 75% completion, collection 1000 resource items, and so on) or aren't relevant (e.g. kill 50 enemies using melee attacks).

Dawg

Only a few achievements completely align with what's needed for 100% completion in-game:

The rest stop short somewhat (reach 75% completion, collection 1000 resource items, and so on) or aren't relevant (e.g. kill 50 enemies using melee attacks).

tumblr_lqli7xxgcO1qk8wk7o1_500.gif

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

But are you enjoying getting that 100%? Because there is no reward for it.

Whooter

I am continuing to get Dota 2 card drops even though I got my max card drops a very long time go. Its very random and not anywhere near the rate of your intial drops..but still.

Are you buying things in the DOTA 2 store? Cards are supposed to drop one per $9.00 spent (I believe.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom