• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kifimbo

August 8th = Indie bloodbath.

iblXDiC55FRMvs.PNG

Tizoc

It's a browser game, no ?

I have no idea, from what I gathered it's some sort of MMO?

Of course. That ball is in Capcom's court, though.

That doesn't necessarily preclude a non-browser release for DD platforms. Don't Starve is a fine example.
Say that reminds me...any word on a 'remake'/re-release of that Mtumbo saves the world browser game?

For that matter, Dragon Quest X on Steam, S-E, I'd get it day 1!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
There any time frame for the next set of Nvidia drivers? 320.49 have a lot of issues with Metro physx.

I got a notification that the new betas were out today.
I wonder if they even got to 75%. That's 100 hours on itself and beta testers have to do a load of other stuff besides the story and % completion.

I managed 75% in under 50 hours. A second fast as possible run on hard brought me over 50.

Addnan

What's releasing on that date?

Also SKULLGIRLS PRE-ORDER EFF YEAH!
Gonna wait til DuckTales is up on Steam first though so I can do both give aways at the same time if possible.

Guacamelee, Spelunky and Papers please. They cost less than a new retail game. but still!

$9.99 for Papers Please? It's a neat idea but I hope they expanded a lot form the free demo/beta. Seems a little high.

8/8 is Spelunky day anyway.

DagsJT

Did anyone here ever buy a key from nuuvem.com.br? Just curious, because SR4 is only ~25€

FIFA 14 is only £17 too. I'm sure FIFA usually includes all languages so probably not restricted to Portuguese etc. Tempting.

Edit: not available in my region anyway. Oh well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have no idea, from what I gathered it's some sort of MMO?

Say that reminds me...any word on a 'remake'/re-release of that Mtumbo saves the world browser game?

It'd probably do relatively well if an extended version were released and priced at, say, $3. Oh, and cards.

For that matter, Dragon Quest X on Steam, S-E, I'd get it day 1!

I'm surprised Squeenix didn't use the game to encourage the adoption of Steam in Japan.

Nabs

The new Worms game finally has a 4-pack which drops the price of each to $14. It's better, but I just paid $3.75 for a Worms game that looks identical.

Sorry if old, but Escape Goat 2 is coming on September 10. 10$. 8$ if you pre-order on the Humble Store.

It's also going to be featured in PAX10. Maybe someone at Valve will take notice.

Tenrius

I think I've reached a point where I'm pretty much happy with my Steam library as it is. Which means I have almost everything I actually want to play and this amount of games (423) will last me a long, long time.

Of course there are still new releases, which I rarely buy at launch, I still snag something on a sale here and there, but it doesn't really feel like I'm missing something anymore.

I think I've reached a point where I'm pretty much happy with my Steam library as it is. Which means I have almost everything I actually want to play and this amount of games (423) will last me a long, long time.

Of course there are still new releases, which I rarely buy at launch, I still snag something on a sale here and there, but it doesn't really feel like I'm missing something anymore.

Ha! you are not fooling anyone ;P

Just wait untill HL3 gets announced...

fallout

Apparently the missing water tower exists in the game data as part of an incomplete settlement (which is why it can be modded in), so I assume it was someone's job to finish the location off, but the task was continuously pushed back in favour of more urgent matters before being forgotten about altogether; similar to Valve's snafu with the "Please don't turn off your console" string being left intact in the launch build of Portal 2 PC.
Yeah, this makes the most sense, really. I didn't mean to point the finger at a programmer, either. I just dislike the common perception that if there's a bug, it's because the tester missed it. I started out in SW development as a tester, so I've got quite a bit of bias, there.

To add to that, I also dislike the perception that because something isn't supported or some feature isn't in the game, the programmers were "lazy". It almost always comes down to time in those cases. As you said, tasks get pushed back to get other higher priority things done.

August is a good buffer until Rome II comes out and then I won't play anything else. Incredibly hyped for it.

I want but won't probably get Guacamelee, Castlevania, Worms and Space Hulk. Personally I think the last two are a bit over-priced.

nexen

I'm on the engineer side now...trust me, i know that feel.

Lol. It isn't so much when I'm told I did something wrong. I always do something wrong. It is when I can tell that QA is taking pleasure in my suffering.

To add to that, I also dislike the perception that because something isn't supported or some feature isn't in the game, the programmers were "lazy". It almost always comes down to time in those cases. As you said, tasks get pushed back to get other higher priority things done.

Yep. Games ship with lots of known bugs. Everything takes time and that is something that is always in limited supply.

I've also read that there's a problem with six resource items not being in the game (it's believed that the final story missed is supposed to hand them out, since the preceding ones give you three vehicle and three weapon parts), but it's possible this bug has been patched. I'll find out soon enough, I suppose. :p

In Panau City Financial District there's a bug where you only get 95.5% (100% unchecked) and I have this fucking problem, I can't find the last "stuff" (I don't know what I'm missing) but perhaps it's the bugged water tower! I'll try to find the missing thing!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
In Panau City Financial District there's a bug where you only get 95.5% (100% unchecked) and I have this fucking problem, I can't find the last "stuff" (I don't know what I'm missing) but perhaps it's the bugged water tower! I'll try to find the missing thing!

You can complete all the settlements in the game. The water tower I mentioned earlier isn't tied to any of them since it's stuck in limbo in a settlement that was never added to the game world but was left in the in-game stats. But, yeah, the cities are awful for the simple fact that you're always left running around for half an hour trying to find something you've missed. A helicopter is handy for finding any water towers that may be perched on rooftops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom