• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibarraz

Banned
cmon sega, give me ecco the dolphin as a playable character

And don't start with that thing that dolphins can't pilot planes, aero fighters teached me than that could happen

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
According to the Community Hub, it's a Total War: Rome II character.
I can confirm that.

Meet Willemus:
nft.png

oft.png

pft.png

sprinkles

Skullgirls is more like the Marvel vs series than Street Fighter in that it has air dashes, super jumps, assists and is generally more chaotic than a match of SF. The game does have a decent tutorial that tells you the fundamentals of a fighting game and the official community thread on Gaf is friendly to new people. Make no mistake that it'll be rough getting into any fighting game (or competitive genre really) but if you feel like you'll enjoy the learning experience then go for it. Since you missed a beta key, do you have a PS3 or 360 to download the demo and try out the game?

The fightpads are perfectly fine if you don't have a stick and MUCH much better than duking it out on a keyboard.
Thanks for the answer even if most of the lingo went right over my head. I think I will squeeze Skullgirls into my August budget even if that is stretched enough already. Got to get over your fears sometimes. Will pick up a cheap 14€~ PS3 Fightpad with my next Amazon purchase, do I need Motionjoy like with the DS3 or do they just work?

Thanks for the answer even if most of the lingo went right over my head. I think I will squeeze Skullgirls into my August budget even if that is stretched enough already. Got to get over your fears sometimes. Will pick up a cheap 14€~ PS3 Fightpad with my next Amazon purchase, do I need Motionjoy like with the DS3 or do they just work?

Since it's a wired controller it should just work out of the box, but some people (including me) have found that certain USB boards for some reason don't recognize the Madcatz pads/sticks. For me, 360 Madcatz stuff isn't recognized (but the official wired MS controller I have is so it isn't a 360 controller driver issue) while others say the PS3 Madcatz controllers don't get recognized on their machine (all my PS3 Madcatz stuff works on my PC fine). Might want to double check yours and google around to make sure it works with the fightpad you're getting. Basically if your board is incompatible then it won't work but if it is then there's no need to download Motionjoy or anything it's just plug and play.

I suggest looking around the Beta thread and OT threads here on Gaf for Skullgirls, I think they have an IRC set up too since the official boards for SG are currently down.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Crazy. Russians must really hate platformers for it to launch at that price.

Oh well, enjoy my $40, Ancel
KuGsj.gif

Piracy is a big issue, endemically so, which requires publishers to price accordingly -- this is why you see a few create RU-specific registry listings for many of their games (Bethesda, 2K and Acti come to mind). Valve's success in the region saw other publishers jump on board, and as at October 2011, Russia was Steam's second-largest continental European market, behind Germany. I wouldn't be surprised if the two have traded places by now.

Fireblend

Banned
Piracy is a big issue, endemically so, which requires publishers to price accordingly -- this is why you see a few publishers create RU-specific registry listings. Valve's success in the region saw other publishers jump on board, and as at October 2011, Russia was Steam's second-largest continental European market, behind Germany. I wouldn't be surprised if the two have traded places by now.

An interesting approach. Still, $12 is crazy, I knew about Russia's low-prices shenanigans, but I didn't know they could go as low as to almost reach a 75% price difference. Anyway, Rayman's worth the full price. From what I've seen and how much I enjoyed Origins this might as well be my GotY.

Uiki

Asking again :D

Daily challenge.

Basically it's a normal run execpt for the fact that everyone plays on the same seed and the same levels. It's starts every day at 24 gmt and it runs for 24 hours (with leaderboards and shit).

And you have one try per day.

Tecl0n

An interesting approach. Still, $12 is crazy, I knew about Russia's low-prices shenanigans, but I didn't know they could go as low as to almost reach a 75% price difference. Anyway, Rayman's worth the full price. From what I've seen and how much I enjoyed Origins this might as well be my GotY.

Don't they have different taxation methods as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom