• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if Rayman Legends isn't Uplay could it have Steam features like cloud saves and achievements? :eek:

I know this wasn't the case with Origins, but I can still hope :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Buy it now and then curse to the wind when it goes on sale tomorrow. :p
Mmm... knowing my bad luck that's not too improbable. Guess everyone who hasn't bought it yet will want to thank me. So yeah, if I come home tonight and the cable is there, I'll probably buy it, along with the Creedence and Foo Fighters DLC.

Oh, here's a question for anyone who has bought said DLC: do those songs work with a bass? Or are they guitar only? In fact, does all DLC work with a bass?

epaturun

I just traded my 7 keys for Rayman Legends flawlessly. So happy. :)

As I'm noob, you bought the keys from Steam and then you went to one of those trade sites - what do you need to do there to transfer these keys to the person doing the trade - do you get the Steam Key more or less there and then?

catabarez

Mmm... knowing my bad luck that's not too improbable. Guess everyone who hasn't bought it yet will want to thank me. So yeah, if I come home tonight and the cable is there, I'll probably buy it, along with the Creedence and Foo Fighters DLC.

Oh, here's a question for anyone who has bought said DLC: do those songs work with a bass? Or are they guitar only? In fact, does all DLC work with a bass?

Pretty sure every song works on Bass.

Hakkuei

So, if Rayman Legends isn't Uplay could it have Steam features like cloud saves and achievements? :eek:

I know this wasn't the case with Origins, but I can still hope :(

I was hoping for this since some of their recent games have cloud/achievements but it doesn't look like it's the case for Legends... I really don't understand why.

I almost don't want to buy it because of that.

Skullgirls looks pretty fun, watching that WTF is... , lotta mirror matches tho. Don't quite get why there's tag and triple teams with only 9 characters.

Having a small cast is both a blessing and a curse for a tag team game. On the down side, with 3 character teams you might see 1/3 of the cast per match, meaning that the same character will keep showing up over and over. But on the plus side, all the different combinations and ratios mean that you expand the cast of nine greatly. For instance, fighting a single ratio Cerebella is different then fighting a Cerebell + Parasoul two person team, which is different from fighting a Cerebella + Painwheel + Ms. Fortune team. All the possible combos (+ variable assists) mean that you see the same characters super often, but in very different combinations and styles to fight against.

I was hoping for this since some of their recent games have cloud/achievements but it doesn't look like it's the case for Legends... I really don't understand why.

I almost don't want to buy it because of that.

I feel the same, such a lost opportunity. Looks like it won't be getting cards either.

Hello boys and girls. I've not been around much recently because:

i/ I've actually been playing some of my Steam Sale games :eek:. ya rly! [Currently Critical Mass, which is almost as good as the WiiWare equivalent whose name escapes me] and the first Ass Creed [which I'm really enjoying despite its obvious weaknesses].
ii/ I have been in the foulest grumpy mood that even Mr Grumpy Grump Person would be proud of.

However, I just wished to pop in here to say that:

i/ I still love you all. Yes, even YOU!
ii/ I hope you've all been good Modbot gifting boys and girls to make me proud :).
iii/ and ur....well that's about it really.

Be good!

As I'm noob, you bought the keys from Steam and then you went to one of those trade sites - what do you need to do there to transfer these keys to the person doing the trade - do you get the Steam Key more or less there and then?

Add them on Steam and do a straight-up trade in chat - it's not a key, it's a legit Steam gift (I hope!)

Tak3n

Banned

I will make it easy for you

use this guy

http://steamcommunity.com/id/melisandre/

That is who I used, it is 7 keys, add him as a friend, he will ask what you require, ask for Rayman Legends for 7 keys, he will open a trade box, once you have added the 7 leys, he will add RL, then tick the box that says trade

Job done

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Does anybody have a clue when Pinball Arcade (finally!) will be released?

The developer mentioned August some time ago but maybe there is more info now...

Can't wait for that one :)

liezryou

I really don't see a reason to ever not use tf2 outpost. In the olden days trading with strangers was always a crapshoot but Steam's trading infrastructure is such to make sure both users get exactly what they want.

I really don't see a reason to ever not use tf2 outpost. In the olden days trading with strangers was always a crapshoot but Steam's trading infrastructure is such to make sure both users get exactly what they want.

You can still get your game removed after the trade if the dude chargebacks but yeah, trading games is a lot easier since the Steam market.

Eternia

Why would anyone go through a middle man when it's so painless to get games off tf2outpost?
I guess it's still a bit of unknown territory for some people. But with tf2outpost only allowing tradable items and everything going through Steam via trade, you'd probably at least get your TF2/Dota keys back if anything goes sour.

Tenrius

So, who's getting The Darkness 2? It's short, but really neat. Also has some sort of additional co-op missions I never properly played.

I've been going through the Skullgirls tutorials, and as someone who completely skipped over fighting games in the last decade, I am really starting to get into it. On keyboard I still need to work on my 'macro' binds for the game and figure out how the whole sweeping analog attacks should be pressed to get it to actually work but I'm totally digging having a fighting game on PC.

XShagrath

What? Rocksmith 2K14 uses Uplay? Fuck.

I'm probably getting my cable today, but I don't know if I should buy the original game right now or wait for a sale. I'd like to try it now, but it's $30...
As JaseC said.. Buy it now, so that it will go on sale tomorrow. That way I can pick up some of the DLC at 75% off.

XShagrath

Every song should have bass charts as well.

Also, once you've gotten some official DLC, check out the SmithyAnvil site (http://forums.smithyanvil.com/). They've got 2000+ Rocksmith customs there. Most of them have variable difficulties like the official stuff. I will note that since it's all user-done, not all of it is the most accurate. A good majority of it looks like pretty good charts from what I've sampled though.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. Would have thought someone else would have posted by the time I finished typing that out. Why you guys so slow?!

I've been going through the Skullgirls tutorials, and as someone who completely skipped over fighting games in the last decade, I am really starting to get into it. On keyboard I still need to work on my 'macro' binds for the game and figure out how the whole sweeping analog attacks should be pressed to get it to actually work but I'm totally digging having a fighting game on PC.

I just cannot for the life of me get used to playing a fighting game with a keyboard. Right now I'm using a 360 controller (a POS for fighting games) but I'd like to get a proper PC compatible fight stick soon-ish.

HoosTrax

I just cannot for the life of me get used to playing a fighting game with a keyboard. Right now I'm using a 360 controller (a POS for fighting games) but I'd like to get a proper PC compatible fight stick soon-ish.
I actually find Shoryuken motions much easier to perform on a keyboard than a fight stick. Honestly, if I had to do it over again, I would have gotten a hitbox instead. There's never any doubt as far as which direction you're actually inputting when you use a keyboard or hitbox.

With a stick, it's like "I thought I had input down --> diagonal + A", but the stick thinks it's registering as "down --> right + A" or something else that isn't what I had intended.

liezryou

It's really fucking awesome, get it when it goes on sale.

It's on sale 4-pack for 15$ -20% discount code = 12$/4 = 3$ per person at GMG http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/pk/en/pc/games/racing/sonic-and-all-stars-racing-transformed-4-pack/. Discount code is GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN. Ridiculously Good Deal

They're hardly in short supply.

Coming from someone who's never had a fight stick.

But they cost a shitload.

Also if there really is a demand for a middleman for direct paypal to game trades from regional prices (I hear dunder is quitting this weekend), you are welcome to add me for any requests. I will take 0 profit, only for GAFfers who don't want to go through the hassle. Been in this trading biz for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom