• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Asking again :D

whatis_07.jpg

It's much more than a port of the original game, and has new graphics, music, zones, monsters, items, traps, and secrets. The controls are much smoother, too, and designed specifically for the gamepad.

http://spelunkyworld.com/whatis.html

Thorgal

i am curious . did anyone bought the complete quakecon package while it was on sale or any giant complete package for that matter ?

I can't imagine many people do .

zkylon

zkylewd
Honestly, who cares? No offense but that price is more than reasonable for Reus. It's like whoever said "Dunder sells it for cheaper" when Salsa had copies left from a Skullgilrs 4-pack. It's a great game and a great price, if you care more about paying the absolute minimum amount than actually playing the game and supporting the devs, you can just pirate it.

(again this isn't against you personally wilflare, it's not directed at anyone in particular)

you must be new to neogaf

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's been one of the top selling items all weekend, so guessing many people have. Doubt many here though.

I was a little surprised by that considering the price tag, but I suppose there's a lot of value there for those who are new to Steam or otherwise lack at least most of the included titles.

Grief.exe

I'm surprised Ubisoft Montpellier isn't considered an internal stuido and forced to use Uplay.

By the way, that studio has an amzing track record. Rayman 1-3, Rayman Origins/Legends, ZombiU, Beyond Good and Evil.

i am curious . did anyone bought the complete quakecon package while it was on sale or any giant complete package for that matter ?

I can't imagine many people do .

It held the top revenue spot on Steam while it was on sale.

Dolor

I was a little surprised by that considering the price tag, but I suppose there's a lot of value there for those who are new to Steam or otherwise lack at least most of the included titles.

It was one of the first things I bought when I started on Steam (mid-2011) as I only had 1-2 games on Steam up to that point, and hadn't played much of Bethesda's catalog. From my point of view at the time, it looked like an insane deal.

I'm surprised Ubisoft Montpellier isn't considered an internal stuido and forced to use Uplay.

By the way, that studio has an amzing track record. Rayman 1-3, Rayman Origins/Legends, ZombiU, Beyond Good and Evil.

Michel Ancel's team is quite independent.

Their studio is in a house in Montpellier, unlike the rest of the studio, which is in one of these typical grey buildings. Just take a look on Google Street View, it's really not what you would expect from something as big as Ubisoft.

Thorgal

It's been one of the top selling items all weekend, so guessing many people have. Doubt many here though.

That's surprising as like Jasec i thought the high price would scare people off.

Personally .i never would buy such giant bundles like that as while it has great games .
most of the times they include Beta's and other stuff that you would never use.

Turfster

That's surprising as like Jasec i thought the high price would scare people off.

Personally .i never would buy such giant bundles like that as while it has great games .
most of the times they include Beta's and other stuff that you would never use.

Eh, if you didn't have any of the games yet, it was a really good deal.
That's how I picked up a 2K publisher pack during the summer. It had 6 games I wanted, and the price was only like, 5€ more, which also gave me 8 more games or something...

Also, they don't really include beta's, they're just games...

I bought the Quake-Con pack back when doing so gave you a discount for pre-ordering Rage, Skyrim and I believe there was one other game as well as netting you some TF2 items (like the Quake rocket launcher for Soldier). I also wanted the Hexxen, Quake and Doom games to re-play, which I still haven't really done.

Are three other people interested in the 4-pack Green Man Gaming has for Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed at the moment? It's $15 total, so it would only be $3.75 for each of us. I'm not sure if where a person is from matters for the Steam keys, but I'm in the U.S. I guess you would PayPal me the $3.75 with your Steam name and I would gift the game to you. I use my real name everywhere, so hopefully that will take care of the trust issue. :p

PM me if you're interested!

Gvaz

Banned
So I'm in ACR at memory 5 where it's saying for me to go to the gala den hideout. So I go there and it says I can't enter the building, there's currently a memory in progress. It says to leave the memory to be able to enter, which I'm like huh? The directions tell me to just walk in the door.

Deques

Are three other people interested in the 4-pack GOG.com has for this game at the moment? It's $15 total, so it would only be $3.75 for each of us. I'm not sure if where a person is from matters for the Steam keys, but I'm in the U.S. I guess you would PayPal me the $3.75 with your Steam name and I would gift the game to you. I use my real name everywhere, so hopefully that will take care of the trust issue. :p

GOG is not Greenman Gaming. Just saying

Are three other people interested in the 4-pack Green Man Gaming has for Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed at the moment? It's $15 total, so it would only be $3.75 for each of us. I'm not sure if where a person is from matters for the Steam keys, but I'm in the U.S. I guess you would PayPal me the $3.75 with your Steam name and I would gift the game to you. I use my real name everywhere, so hopefully that will take care of the trust issue. :p

It's not $15, it's $12 with the coupon GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN.

DukeBobby

I'm getting bored of Euro Truck Simulator 2, but I still can't be bothered playing anything else.

Hopefully, that changes in 3 days.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Unlike Rocksmith 2014, Uplay isn't mentioned on the game's store page.
What? Rocksmith 2K14 uses Uplay? Fuck.

I'm probably getting my cable today, but I don't know if I should buy the original game right now or wait for a sale. I'd like to try it now, but it's $30...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What? Rocksmith 2K14 uses Uplay? Fuck.

I'm probably getting my cable today, but I don't know if I should buy the original game right now or wait for a sale. I'd like to try it now, but it's $30...

Buy it now and then curse to the wind when it goes on sale tomorrow. :p

Benedict

Anybody wanting to be part of a 4-pack of Sanctum 2 on GMG?
Would be great if somebody from the US could do the purchase since it's cheaper that way. I'm in Sweden and have to buy in £. Price for me is £11.99, not counting the 20% coupon code.

Skullgirls looks pretty fun, watching that WTF is... , lotta mirror matches tho. Don't quite get why there's tag and triple teams with only 9 characters.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Just beat the first chapter of Super Meat Boy. This is going to get really difficult isn't it?

It's difficult, but the levels are (mostly) short, you get infinite lives and respawn times are instant.

You'll get 100% if you grind it out.

Just beat the first chapter of Super Meat Boy. This is going to get really difficult isn't it?

It does get quite hard, but it never felt frustrating for me. Just remember that however difficult a level looks it can be beaten without having to do anything too crazy.

I only recently 100% the game. I bought the game when it was first released on XBLA and got to about 60-70% in a couple of weeks. I then occasionally went back and did the warp zones and stuff. But I still had the dark world of the last chapter and most of cotton alley to do. Finished those up last month.

The real problems are the warp zones where you only get 3 lives. They can be a bit of a pain.

wilflare

posting probably the last time for the night

The friends on my list are on a Skullgirls frenzy...
so we got another Skullgirls 4pack going (lol)

but only got two copies at 11.25USD each

(1)
(2)

PM me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom