• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cth

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - ♫♪ 20, 20, 20000 Posts To Go.. I Wanna Be Sedated ♫♪

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Feeling unhappy 'cause keys are largely limiting your amazingly lucid linguistics?

Eanan

guys please

ccebba63d08a7a847c85a06fde0db79f

Salsa

But then, into the game, and… Am I… am I maybe falling out of love with Spelunky, too? Not because of some lazy porting, but maybe because since my dozens and dozens of hours playing it last year, I’ve experienced Teleglitch, Rogue Legacy, Don’t Starve… Games that run with the same imminence of death, but twist on it, develop it, enhance it. Spelunky, as pure as one could argue it may be, feels particularly retrograde from this year-on perspective. Its deliberately clunky platforming feels like the source of too many deaths, and its blank-faced disinterest after failure strikes now as lacking in features. Why not let me try the same set-up again? Why not give me a greater purpose in playing?

WHAT THE SHI-

Yes, yes, you’re screaming at your monitor now. You’re right

oh

but yeah, disagree heavily

also didnt experience any of these crashes or issues. The .cfg file has literally 4 lines, one of wich is straight up the resolution, wich you just change

c'mon RPS

Cth

I want to like Teleglitch but it's impossible to play on a touchpad. And I don't wanna cart around a mouse.. wish those controllers were patched.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - August Indie Mayhem

Grief.exe

also didnt experience any of these crashes or issues. The .cfg file has literally 4 lines, one of wich is straight up the resolution, wich you just change

c'mon RPS

RPS strikes me as very 'noob,' for lack of a better word, around PCs. I read articles sometimes and they seem fairly clueless about some of the intricacies.

What PC gamer doesn't even bother to dig around for a config file?

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Trading Rage For An Empty Box of Kleenex

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - August Indie Mayhem

I like these.

Eanan

is Sanctum 2 worth getting? I missed the boat on the GMG deal a few days ago, but it looks intriguing. I quite like Orcs must die which seems to be similar to it.

Salsa

RPS strikes me as very 'noob,' for lack of a better word, around PCs. I read articles sometimes and they seem fairly clueless about some of the intricacies.

What PC gamer doesn't even bother to dig around for a config file?

It's totally fair to complain about the option not being there in the game itself, but I think the article goes a bit far, specially when I just launched the game and had absolutely 0 issues so far

then again he's just reporting his experience

also; no, they really do know their shit, they just judge games for what's there at a first glance, wich again, is okay, as long as you mention there's an alternative, wich here they dont

steveovig

Can I collect cards and craft badges for games I don't actually own? I kinda want to get a Ducktales badge but don't plan on buying the Steam version.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can I collect cards and craft badges for games I don't actually own? I kinda want to get a Ducktales badge but don't plan on buying the Steam version.

As far as I know, you can. Of course, you've gotta buy all the cards from the marketplace or trade for them.

fantomena

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Is Steam worth it?
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Is Steam free?
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - GFWL, why don't you just die?
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - We don't flip switches
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Gaben > Phil
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - No 180 allowed

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Yes, you can trade that for Rage
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - We only needed 1000 posts to agree on a title!
Scorsese Romulan Announcements & Updates 2013 V (Oh, and Steam too, I guess)

everybody in this thread is a comedian it seems

He's not complaining about whether the game is good or not though, but rather some controls and settings he wants to be able to change.

Obviously, that's why I mentioned that they were talking about it as a port and not the game itself. By now everybody should more or less know how Spelunky plays. I still think they're valid complaints, especially the technical ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom