• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, A Machine for Pigs is being developed by Chinese Room. Frictional is working on a new project but nothing has been said of it at this stage, AFAIK. Perhaps the team is waiting for AMFP to release so as to not steal its thunder.

Could be this or they are helping Chinese Room to finish the game because its their engine.

Martian

I'm more interested about what the Amnesia Team is doing. Because the new Amnesia game is being made by the Dear Esther Team right?

If its going to be wiritten by the Dear Esther team, we at least know they will make the game feel atmospheric. Because that is the one thing you cannot deny Dear Esther

iavi

Halo 2's current MP solution was supposed to be kicked to the curb come July, but last I read it's still up.

that reminds me; were the funky messages that it was said to be giving out legit? the ones about 343 loves IOS or somesuch and that the trilogy was coming to platform.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Could be this or they are helping Chinese Room to finish the game because its their engine.

I'd say Frictional's involvement is similar to Valve with HPE and CS:GO -- a small satellite to team to assist with and oversee development. Frictional's own next game will mark the debut of the next version of its engine so I'd wager most of the focus is on that front.

JaseC

solid as a rock. Why are they sitting on this like we don't all know it's coming already? It's not like it's going to conflict with the One launch.

Maybe MS is worried it'll conflict with the Steam release of ilomilo+.

Grief.exe

solid as a rock. Why are they sitting on this like we don't all know it's coming already?

Probably because of the XB1 release, Microsoft doesn't want to announce anything positive on the PC side of things.

Hopefully in early 2014, we will get a quiet Halo Trilogy Steam release.

iavi

Maybe MS is worried it'll conflict with the Steam release of ilomilo+.

Probably.

Probably because of the XB1 release, Microsoft doesn't want to announce anything positive on the PC side of things.

I'd hope that MS would see that good brand recognition halos good brand recognition--no pun intended. Something they're a little low on at this moment in time. I see a PC/OSX/Smartphone release doing only good alongside the One, tbh.

iavi

I want to like it, but don't see myself adjusting to Betrayal's aesthetic. I do see headaches.

They could soften it up without losing much.

JaseC

Alright, I won't bother posting here about selling copies until its a decent amount cheaper

$15 games tend to be just under $10 on Steam RU, but, yeah, good luck finding someone willing to sell it for five keys rather than six or seven.

iavi

Do not watch the announcement trailer.

Watch this for a few minutes instead and allow your eyes to adjust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1Zx_qvogg

That trailer is horrible for getting the art style and game play across.

Very, very good call. I've about done a 180 on that last post of mine. This looks f'ing incredible. Especially the bit where the wind kicks up and the shadows start bouncing around.

Writing seems swell too.

E: this detective element to the whole get-up. my goodness. why the hell was the launch trailer selling it as a shootbang.

jediyoshi

For the last semi-finale, there were 150,000 people watching throught the client. I wonder how there could 1 million overall for the finale. An other way to watch is Twitch and the peak would be of the order of 200,000 people at max.

Edit: According to the article, there is Gamefly as well.

Then the client is bugged.

I easily saw 250k concurrent peak towards the end of the tournament, same around the opening. Between highwinds, twitch, and gamefly it doesn't sound too crazy.

dani_dc

I actually think it's the opposite, they're sitting on GFWL deactivation to avoid the current negative news cycle, as to avoiding headlines drawing comparison to Xbox One Cloud services.
They probably expect the launch of the console to reverse that tendency, allowing them to release the news under a positive environment and hope the negative comparison slips through the cracks in favour of the positive side of the story.

iavi

I actually think it's the opposite, they're sitting on GFWL deactivation to avoid the current negative news cycle, as to avoiding headlines drawing comparison to Xbox One Cloud services.
They probably expect the launch of the console to reverse that tendency, allowing them to release the news under a positive environment and hope the negative comparison slips through the cracks in favour of the positive side of the story.

Intricate. And plausible. I like.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I keep forgetting that my TE stick doesn't work with this god damn intel motherboard. I have been meaning to buy that USB card for a year now. This also reminded me that I used to play DFO with my stick and now DFO no longer exists :(

"Nvidia has no information on a possible GTA V PC release date."

crying-catrsjq1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom