• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Create Saints Row IV OT
2. Insert Cliffy B joke
3. ????
vet31jk.jpg

Today was a good day, steamgaf.

i still love you clifford

cliff has been on a role trollin on twitter lol.

Exuro

After taking a break from Joe Danger due to my hand cramping up I tried out JD2 and it is about a million times easier. My hands are grateful.

Grief.exe

Shit just got real.

On the PC version of USF4 which is apparently aiming to be launched at the same time as the console versions:

capture24qf4.png

Looks like Grief was right.

I did try to bet people a Steam game of their choice, but there were no takers.

GFWL multiplayer will not be supported at all for the USFIV release, you will have to upgrade your previous GFWL version to get the new characters and multiplayer netcode.

When you upgrade, the original SFIV entry will be deleted from your library, and they will remove those entries for sale on Steam.

I thought they had gotten rid of GFWL on the Batman games finally. D: Maybe upcoming?

Not yet, they are still working hard on the Batman games and Bioshock.

The GFWL change is speculative, but looking very likely.

Looks like Grief was right.

I did try to bet people a Steam game of their choice, but there were no takers.

Not yet, they are still working hard on the Batman games and Bioshock.

The GFWL change is speculative, but looking very likely.

Bioshock 1 had no 3rd party drm right? It was just 2?

Grief.exe

Bioshock 1 had no 3rd party drm right? It was just 2?

Retail still has Securom, it was removed from the Steam version via patch.

SecuROM on retail and from other digital distributors. SecuROM from removed from the Steam version of the game in an update after its initial release due to outcry from customers. It was replaced with Steam's "stub" form of DRM.

Heh, that's actually great. Tempted to get it despite finding 3 really disappointing. Embargo is up tomorrow so we shall see, I'm quite poor. Similarly Blacklist actually seems like it might turn out well, are there any deals on it?

Gbraga

Heh, that's actually great. Tempted to get it despite finding 3 really disappointing. Embargo is up tomorrow so we shall see, I'm quite poor. Similarly Blacklist actually seems like it might turn out well, are there any deals on it?

Not exactly deals, but you can get a code that came with the 7xx series from nvidia for $20~$25 here on GAF or eBay.

Dawg

I've gotta be honest here.

I didn't even know Splinter Cell was launching in a week. I only know it because some people mentioned "where is the splinter cell OT" etc.

What's wrong with SR 3?

A lot of little neat things from Saints Row 2 were taken out like all the unique executions, hilariously psychotic boss(ie you) and the like. A lot of the missions were really poor, the story was incredibly annoying and nonsensical, Brutes are among the worst enemies ever created etc. Wasn't awful, but just wasn't my thing.

Amazing customization though.

That is a great deal but I feel tied to steam. Hell, with uplay games all it does is launch out of steam. Ugggh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom