• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

1. Create Saints Row IV OT
2. Insert Cliffy B joke
3. ????
vet31jk.jpg

Today was a good day, steamgaf.

i still love you clifford

Mad props Dawg.

I wish Disney Infinity would come to PC, game looks neat. Of course we aren't the target audience so it never will with the toy stuff.

Also: Holy shit at that jpg compression.

Grief.exe

Just reposting this awesome Survival horror game by the former devs behind FEAR and No One Lives Forever.

Should be releasing on Steam early access sometime today.

Wow, I just stumbled upon this game through youtuber FrankieonPC.

It is called Betrayer. It is an open-world, first person, survival horror game set in the 1800's colonial America.

Let your eyes adjust for a few minutes, game is in black and white and takes a little bit of time to get used to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1Zx_qvogg

jediyoshi

http://www.gamespot.com/news/the-international-hits-1-million-concurrent-viewers-6412911
Valve confirms 1 million concurrent viewers for TI3

http://www.gamespot.com/dota-2/vide...ing-game-design-his-roots-and-dota-2-6412926/
Interview with greg kasavin at TI3 because why not. It's almost distracting to me that they don't bring up his tenure at gamespot

I initially read "blender" as "bender" and was confused for a moment. :p

john dimaggio is in such high demand, I wouldn't be surprised if he were voicing some dota lords at this point

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
yes and even though form the tone of everyone it seems to be safe, I am paranoid after all the other gaming sites/network hacks sorry

Oh, you're good. I was talking about all the key shit again, not those news items. Those are just Mike Z messing around, though. He's the main guy behind Skullgirls.

Rflagg

Oh, you're good. I was talking about all the key shit again, not those news items. Those are just Mike Z messing around, though. He's the main guy behind Skullgirls.

Thanks, like I said just a bit scarred for mainly the psn/soe hacks. :( I saw what you were talking about right before you posted again, kind of odd that stuff goes to main news.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Just reposting this awesome Survival horror game by the former devs behind FEAR and No One Lives Forever.

Wow. I'm obsessed with bows in games, I live in Virginia, I love survival horror, and I respect games that go with unconventional art styles. This seems perfect.

Grief.exe

Wow. I'm obsessed with bows in games, I live in Virginia, I love survival horror, and I respect games that go with unconventional art styles. This seems perfect.

The perfect storm of awesome. Where did this game come from? Just out of nowhere.

Don't watch the announcement trailer by the way, it will only sour your hype. Game like this is meant to be enjoyed slowly, not just frames going by quickly like your typical action movie trailer.

Wok

For the last semi-finale, there were 150,000 people watching throught the client. I wonder how there could 1 million overall for the finale. An other way to watch is Twitch and the peak would be of the order of 200,000 people at max.

Edit: According to the article, there is Gamefly as well.

Nearly 400,000 people tuned in live for the first day of the event, and 600,000 on the second and third days, surpassing last year's peak numbers.

Then the client is bugged.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
The perfect storm of awesome. Where did this game come from? Just out of nowhere.

Don't watch the announcement trailer by the way, it will only sour your hype. Game like this is meant to be enjoyed slowly, not just frames going by quickly like your typical action movie trailer.
I stopped watching when I saw the red feathers on his arrow.

When a game has a bow, I will use it over any other weapon. Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, I Am Alive, Torchlight 2. There's something immensely satisfying about them for me.

Nabs

For the last semi-finale, there were 150,000 people watching throught the client. I wonder how there could 1 million overall for the finale. An other way to watch is Twitch and the peak would be of the order of 200,000 people at max.

Edit: According to the article, there is Gamefly as well.

Then the client is bugged.

It was closer to 250-300k in-client when I watched. Twitch floated around 450-500k for the finals (split between languages).

Grief.exe

On the subject of Horror games, I can't wait for more footage from Routine. Game looks ace.

http://www.routinegame.com/

Routine looks so good, too scary for me though. Just watching that trailer had me on edge.

What was the horror game where you are crash on an island and you have to build up your defenses and collect food. The end of the trailer has the player venturing into a cave with a bunch of monsters on the walls.

I always forget the name of this one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
On the subject of Horror games, I can't wait for more footage from Routine. Game looks ace.

http://www.routinegame.com/

Everything about Routine seems great, but I'll probably never actually play it since I'm the worst when it comes to jump-scares. :p

Routine looks so good, too scary for me though. Just watching that trailer had me on edge.

What was the horror game where you are crash on an island and you have to build up your defenses and collect food. The end of the trailer has the player venturing into a cave with a bunch of monsters on the walls.

The Forest. It's been greenlit.

The forest.

maneil99

Okay, so there is Deadlight, The Forest and The Routine, what other first person indie horror games am I missing that are coming out

Grief.exe

Okay, so there is Deadlight, The Forest and The Routine, what other first person indie horror games am I missing that are coming out

I think you mean Daylight

There is also Amnesia and Outlast, but Amnesia has been delayed.

The Forest. It's been greenlit.

The forest?

Thanks guys, I always forget the name of that one.

Real genius of me watching all these horror videos right before bed, and I was just playing the Swapper which has a creepy atmosphere.

Outlast is the good looking horror game coming to the PC and PS4.

Daylight is the iffy looking Unreal Engine 4 powered horror game with random generation and written by Jessica Chobot
lol
also coming to PC and PS4

JaseC

Yea my bad, Daylight. Its got the camera view angle and stuff. Also now that GFWL is dead, Halo 2 needs a new platform...

Halo 2's current MP solution was supposed to be kicked to the curb come July, but last I read it's still up.

This looks great, will definitely keep an eye out for it. Love me some horror, love me some interesting open world gameplay.

JaseC

I'm more interested about what the Amnesia Team is doing. Because the new Amnesia game is being made by the Dear Esther Team right?

Yeah, A Machine for Pigs is being developed by Chinese Room. Frictional is working on a new project but nothing has been said of it at this stage, AFAIK. Perhaps the team is waiting for AMFP to release so as to not steal its thunder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom