• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Look, I'm not saying I'm the one that unplugs the server seemingly at random, just that my timing is impeccable

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I knew the name Path of Shadows sounded familiar. A coworker made me download the free version 3 months ago, which looked cool but I never played (I didn't even unzip it).

I should try it someday.

jediyoshi

Yea, the game seems to be linked to my account too. Strangely enough, people who didn't already have an account prior to the Steam transition will have to buy a $30 early access pack to be able to play the game. I haven't paid anything so I don't know what happens to my access to the game once that happens.

If you had a HAWKEN account and they don't email you a key by tomorrow, you're supposed to contact their support.

https://playhawken.zendesk.com/entries/39644483-STEAM-Key-FAQ

Q: It's 12:00 AM PST on February 12th and I haven't received my key
A: Send us an ticket titled Missing Steam Key and include the following:

Email Address for your HAWKEN account
Callsign

JakeD

I don't understand why we still don't have Oniken keys. Love+ was in the same bundle and we got the keys immediately.

just looked into this a little cause i was wondering where the heck my key is...

seems the devs are attempting to distribute the keys through desura as opposed to groupees. the only reason for this, i guess, is maybe to keep people from getting two keys (one from groupees and one from desura)

the process seems complicated as opposed to groupees and apparently desura's support has disappeared

First game was already ruined by the devs, so I don't see why not.
(The demo seems to be the opening of the game, giving you a good idea of how mindnumbingly shit it is)

Oh it's bad? thanks for saving me some coin, breh. I'm gong to take your word for it and entirely skip this game

Turfster

Oh it's bad? thanks for saving me some coin, breh. I'm gong to take your word for it and entirely skip this game

Hey, feel free to make up your own mind, but apart from a few apologists that defend the game and tell us "it gets better after 20 hours", most of us agree it's not very good.

Hey, feel free to make up your own mind, but apart from a few apologists that defend the game and tell us "it gets better after 20 hours", most of us agree it's not very good.

I think it's pretty good...but I wouldn't argue against any of its flaws. It's certainly far too long, and only gets really interesting after a long time :(

Gorgeous game though, and just so. much. art.

Levyne

Banned
I also liked it, but I don't have any background on any Castlevania, nor games that it "aped", such as god of war.

Well, I have played SoTC, and those bosses were a little similar :D

And yeah, it was a pleasure to look at. I hope 2 isn't grimdark everywhere.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That new turn notification is a gift and a curse: Gift in that it lets you know when you're away. Curse in that it notifies you via Steam even when you're in the game and starting a new round (Frozen Synapse). Hopefully Valve and the developers fix this, otherwise I can't see myself playing strategy play-by-play games very often with this option on. :/

HoosTrax

For those of you who have multi-monitor setups - do you guys ever have this issue where you're in-game and you move your cursor to the side of the screen and the cursor actually moves out of the fullscreened game and onto the Windows desktop (sometimes causing an undesired minimize)?

Turfster

For those of you who have multi-monitor setups - do you guys ever have this issue where you're in-game and you move your cursor to the side of the screen and the cursor actually moves out of the fullscreened game and onto the Windows desktop (sometimes causing an undesired minimize)?

Yep. Sucks when that happens.
Some games don't know enough to 'lock' the mouse to one monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom