• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've advertised on TF2 Outpost that I'm selling copies Survival Instinct for 3 keys (essentially a 1 key profit margin). Let's see how much money I make.

Edit: I'll reiterate that if anyone here wants the game I can of course grab it at cost price ($3.99 or $4.99 if you want the DLC also).

I've advertised on TF2 Outpost that I'm selling copies Survival Instinct for 3 keys (essentially a 1 key profit margin). Let's see how much money I make.

Edit: Though if anyone here wants the game I can of course grab it at cost price ($3.99 or $4.99 if you want the DLC also).

You need to teach me how to make money on TF2 outpost.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You need to teach me how to make money on TF2 outpost.

- Buy licensed games when they're on sale
- Wait until they're pulled
- ???
- Profit

Beyond licence expiries the second-most common reason for delisting is publishing rights changing hands, but this can be hard to predict and doesn't always result in the game/s being pulled; you also have situations like Motor Rock and Paper Monsters, where there are obvious legal issues that will result in delisting, but these are rare and typically promptly acted upon by Valve.

Edit: Oh, and naturally a developer/publisher going bust can also result in a game being yanked, but the former generally has no effect as it's often the third-party publisher that owns the IP (see Titan Quest) and when the latter occurs there's usually a drawn-out process of selling the IPs, with any associated games remaining up in the interim (as we saw with THQ... but as we also saw with THQ, nobody cared enough to make Nexuiz available again).

Uraizen

Banned
The real apology would be getting off their effin' asses and removing GFWL from all their Steam titles.

That won't happen with AE though, since they're just going to replace it with Ultra.

A nice apology to SFxT fans would definitely be removing GFWL and replacing it with steamworks. We never got all the DLC, PC version was just abandoned by Capcom.

So... people are basically paying to have them before August? Seems like a dick move, but I hope people are up enough on things to not buy them.

They never confirmed that the DLC would work with the new version. I remember they forced people to rebuy the SFIV costumes for AE on PC and said it wasn't a big deal since they bundled all the costumes into a $15 bundle.

Nabs

So... people are basically paying to have them before August? Seems like a dick move, but I hope people are up enough on things to not buy them.

Not necessarily. If you own SSFIV on Steam, you'll get a 50% off discount on Ultra. We don't know if DLC carries over, or if everyone just gets it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
isnt that Line of Defense game a iOS game originally? it has Pockettacticts and AndroidPolice reviews... why...why are they selling it for 23euros on steam?

Kaleinc

Banned
Bionic Commando Rearmed so good. That last level, though, holy shit. The old school lives make it one of the hardest games I've played in years.
But your progress is saved after each level, imagine restarting the whole thing like good old days :D
The challenges are really good as well.

Knurek

isnt that Line of Defense game a iOS game originally? it has Pockettacticts and AndroidPolice reviews... why...why are they selling it for 23euros on steam?

Because "Steam users will totally buy everything at every prize" reasoning.
BTW, how the hell are you still a junior?

maneil99

Edit: I'll reiterate that if anyone here wants the game I can of course grab it at cost price ($3.99 or $4.99 if you want the DLC also).
Walking Dead?

Relax.MX

I just download Warframe... i hate when i need to create a new account for some game and download patch from the game outside of Steam...

Card Boy

Banned

Eekwn.png

What a tool. edit: you should see his other comments, he posts like some defensive Gaffer.

Narag

Wait, wait.
Is that the Derek Smart? Yep, it is.
That explains a lot. He... doesn't communicate very well.
Never has. Read up on the whole Battlecruiser 3000AD thing in case you're interested.

He's all over any discussion about price in there. Makes for an awkward read.

Anteater

I just download Warframe... i hate when i need to create a new account for some game and download patch from the game outside of Steam...

I remember giving up on downloading DC universe on ps3 because you have to boot into the launcher to download the actual game...

Is three keys for the Game/DLC an option?

zkylon

zkylewd
started up xeno 3

so far so good

like most of the redesigns, although shion looks like an idiot in hotpants and a fur jacket but jin specially in that citan outfit is just delicious HMMMHHHHHHMMMMMMMM. and he's got a fucking samurai robot just like citan too HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

I've only played through the prologue but I'm weirded out by not being able to combo up attacks, but maybe that was just shion and co. in the prologue and I'll still be able with kos-mos and friends. hopefully, because I liked that.

also shion got her voice back, which I didn't really need so I guess she's moved back to bitchy and whiny from just whiny, so uh, there's that.

I also welcome back the database and *gasp* the equipment screen!

c'mon xeno 3, let's give 'em hell

They never confirmed that the DLC would work with the new version. I remember they forced people to rebuy the SFIV costumes for AE on PC and said it wasn't a big deal since they bundled all the costumes into a $15 bundle.
Not necessarily. If you own SSFIV on Steam, you'll get a 50% off discount on Ultra. We don't know if DLC carries over, or if everyone just gets it.
So far as Capcom has said, the PC version will be like the disc versions for consoles; It will come with all the DLC. So whether or not the DLC will transfer over or not, it's silly to buy it now unless you don't plan on getting Ultra since you'll be getting it when you buy Ultra anyway. And if you don't plan on upgrading, the DLC might stop working once GFWL goes down, in which case you'd be super boned out of your money. You could end up paying for something you'll only get to use for another 5 months.

If I'm wrong and there does end up being an upgrade option like on consoles that doesn't come with DLC (I think the "own SSF4" discount is taking it's place for PC, honestly), then yeah I guess it might be better to buy it now. I doubt it though.

Since I don't think I articulated this properly:
Buy AE DLC now -> Later buy Ultra which comes with DLC you already bought = Foolish.

Coldsun

Banned
started up xeno 3

so far so good

like most of the redesigns, although shion looks like an idiot in hotpants and a fur jacket but jin specially in that citan outfit is just delicious HMMMHHHHHHMMMMMMMM. and he's got a fucking samurai robot just like citan too HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

I've only played through the prologue but I'm weirded out by not being able to combo up attacks, but maybe that was just shion and co. in the prologue and I'll still be able with kos-mos and friends. hopefully, because I liked that.

also shion got her voice back, which I didn't really need so I guess she's moved back to bitchy and whiny from just whiny, so uh, there's that.

Is this in the wrong thread or am I unaware that Xenosaga made its way to Steam? If so HNNNNNNNNG! Take my money!

Arthea

Is this in the wrong thread or am I unaware that Xenosaga made its way to Steam? If so HNNNNNNNNG! Take my money!

you can add non steam games to steam library, so technically anything that can be played on PC is steam. That's the beauty of it!
Now we only need to add PS3, 3DS and Vita games to steam, for experience to be complete (><)
And I could talk about Nep Nep too

edited: NBA 2K14 is daily dela at gamersagate too -50%
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-NBA2K14/nba-2k14

err time thing and posts isnt it? guess enough time hasnt passed cause it cant be the posts lol :)

also guilty gear isuka and mutant mudds got cards

weirdly enough mutant mudds card prices are already bottom low. It's happening so fast these days.

started up xeno 3

so far so good

its like i read your entire thought process as you played the game. also, if this is coming to steam, this will be awesome!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Because "Steam users will totally buy everything at every prize" reasoning.
BTW, how the hell are you still a junior?

err time thing and posts isnt it? guess enough time hasnt passed cause it cant be the posts lol :)

Relax.MX

I tried Warframe 1 ½ hours, they were 4 missions with a couple of friends and so little time and it felt monotonous and boring, and it is unintuitive. We played because we like the art and the idea of swords, missions, coop, and leveling...but man...this games is bland...

Uninstall ...i already have Dota 2 to feel guilty for play a free game over my backlog

March 20th! Count the days. What's your first thread gonna be?
I've been a member for a while now and still haven't made a thread :x
I can't remember if the join date is when you were approved or when you applied though...

And hey whoa, we joined on the same day but a year apart. That's freaky.

Arthea

Game Tycoon 1.5 has 3 reviews, all negative, that didn't start good.

edited: While Descent has 33 already, and all positive. I was thinking about writing one, but I see Descent is sufficiently taken care of :)

zkylon

zkylewd
also everyone got cured from their derp faces

it's amazing

nope, I'm playing it on emulator but since I'm playing it on pc and know a couple guys in the thread care about it I rather share my random thoughts on it here than in a LTTP thread, specially since the one I made a while ago for drakengard didn't get too much response.

if mods don't mind :I

its like i read your entire thought process as you played the game. also, if this is coming to steam, this will be awesome!
well stream of consciousness is all I know lol

and yea it'd be pretty rad for these games to be on steam but I wouldn't count on it

I tried Warframe 1 ½ hours, they were 4 missions with a couple of friends and so little time and it felt monotonous and boring, and it is unintuitive. We played because we like the art and the idea of swords, missions, coop, and leveling...but man...this games is bland...
yea I tried to like it since the warframe designs are pretty crazy but it's just grindy and unresponsive for me. like wallrunning and the flashy stuff mostly gets you killed so it feels like if you play it like you should it becomes a very bland, albeit interestingly designed (from a visuals perspective, at least), tps, with grindy f2p gating design to block you from having actual fun

although I had some good times with a buddy of mine just doing silly stuff like kicking everything and running around like idiots

that was fun

also I don't like that they released lady warframes after I started playing it and now I'm stuck with a robo-dude forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom