• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

XShagrath

Holy shit at giveaway.

I should have entered for one of the non South Park games, since it's not a free for all, but I'll live on the edge.

Smurf Yetti

Neo Member
Hey guys,

I bought the Witcher 2 during the sale and want to redeem it on GOG.

Do I seriously have to download the entire game on Steam to get the product key?

Turfster

Because I am a benevolent and totally radical super dude, you will be undisqualified 5LYFE if you submit a worthy entry this time. Move me with your artistic talents.
I have true friends, like woo!
I don't need to jump through your hoops any more!
Freed from the shackles of my lack of artistic talent at last!
AHAHAHAHAHA!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Holy shit at giveaway.

I should have entered for one of the non South Park games, since it's not a free for all, but I'll live on the edge.
I entered for South Park and Grid 2 not noticing that, what happens? Does it just disqualify me or does it pick the last one entered?

Nice seeing FFXIV on Steam but SE won't give keys for old users and I'm not buying it again just for that. I also only played the first "free" month anyway.

Back to waiting Ikaruga.

Nabs

With this, Papers, Please and another game I forgot also getting Mac/Linux support recently there's a hell of a potential Humble Bundle on the horizon. It won't happen though.

The Swapper is next. It's been going through massive beta updates.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The Swapper is next. It's been going through massive beta updates.

That's the one I couldn't remember! I knew it was at the same level of "would be awesome in a bundle"-ness though. Again, doubt we'd get all three but one or two would be awesome.

I was thinking of getting Alpha Protocol, but what is it like in comparison to the console versions? I had it on Xbox 360 and it was really buggy, are there mods for it or anything?

Oh shit son it's yet another fucking....

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

ZDRpx4e.png
No shame in drawing over an existing image

Lain

The reason owners aren't getting steam keys is, and I quote from the reddit page,

Because every game ever redeemed on steam was instantly suspicious and valve hate us for using their bandwidth.

Ahahaha what a shitty excuse. Not like I want a steam key for the game, I'm more or less done with 14, but still, they could have tried a bit harder to find a less idiotic reason to not give steam keys to already subscribed users that might want one.

I like what I've seen in gameplay footage and dev interviews so far. However, the true test will be when I have it installed. I am a very picky man when it comes to action games
and fighters.
I don't trust reviewers at all when it comes to either genre. I'm better off asking a gold fish what it thinks of it.

Say whaaaaat? The projectile blood vomit is awesome, especially if your co-op partner is backing you up with it.

I agree... and I'm super picky when it comes to Strider, as it's one of my favorite Capcom franchises ever.

I took a chance on the game and have it pre-ordered... I'm hoping I don't regret it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh cool, Final Fantasy XIV is finally on Steam, which means I'll probably finally buy it

I'm reading up on this now. Although I already have an account that can be used with Steam (thankfully) I don't get the benefit of having 30 days of game time added to my account. Apparently though, when purchasing the game, Steam issues you a CD key to register with Square Enix to register a new account, which can download the game and gives the new player 30 days of game time.

Thinking of buying it on Steam and trying to sell off my extra key for $5 to someone that doesn't care about having it on Steam.

There's a chance.
It's been about a month since X.
Of course, it's been 5 months since IX, so...

Papers, Please!
The Swapper
Guacamelee
Gunpoint
Steamworld Dig

You heard it here first.

I don't know shit, but those are games with linux versions that came out recently or should be close to being done.

Why did no one tell me Penumbra is so fucking scary?

I'm being chased around by some horrible naked alien thing and I've had at least three moments where I've screamed loudly and thrown my headphones off.

Now I'm in a room where I've realised I have to go back and I can't pluck up the courage to do it.

Arghhh.

ShogunX

Why did no one tell me Penumbra is so fucking scary?

I'm being chased around by some horrible naked alien thing and I've had at least three moments where I've screamed loudly and thrown my headphones off.

Now I'm in a room where I've realised I have to go back and I can't pluck up the courage to do it.

Arghhh.

I had a similar experience with Slender. Played it in total darkness with headphones on and shit myself a few times. Never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom