• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skimming the Steamworks YT channel I thought more people would be interested in the SDD videos. Same goes for GAF. The thread just died after 1 page.

No Half-Life, no party, I guess...

I'd guess pagefile.sys has removed itself. The file is practically vestigial in nature these days unless you have less than 6GB RAM.

Sounds possible. Can't really think of anything else. Haven't done anything on my notebook the weekend, save for playing Titanfall, which is on D:

Tizoc

Story in 1 & 2 are mostly self contained, but still...I would recommend starting with 1 as it's more inviting and great at easing you into its complex lore and world.

Plus there's an import save function.
Aha thx i hav the game thru gog.com so i can import my save for use with withcer 2 on steam.

Ban Puncher

Oh shit son it's yet another fucking....

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

header.jpg

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

Prey key giveaway. MS Paint contest. 24 hours. Blah blah blah.

In honour of all the bans in SteamGAF lately, the title of this content will be 'What Happens If When I Am Banned from GAF'. Profound sadness? Burning rage? Horrible, horrible freedom? One entry per person but you can make it whatever your little heart desires be it a single picture, multiple comic panels, poop flung at a canvas, animated JIF, etc. Funniest and most creative wins the fabulous prize.

Have fun kiddies.

The_Monk

Oh I can't wait for those MS Paints from you all. Thanks for making the contest Man Puncher, fun as always!

Hope everyone is good in this fine day although a bit cold in here.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Thanks for Viscera Cleanup Detail JaseC. I loved the Shadow Warrior version so I am sure to enjoy this, but I think I'm keeping it for next Christmas :p

Arthea

Crusader Kings II for £69.99? What a steal!

Looks like I'm not buying anything from the Humble Store from this point on, good job at expanding your library of games that I can purchase anywhere else online for the same price or cheaper.

noooooooooo.gif
this is disaster, first VAT on all eu bundles, now this.
We didn't asked for this, we didn't!

Faabulous

I just hate EA so much. For fuck sake, they simply stopped selling retail PC games here in Brazil so they can charge us more because by law they can only charge 99 Reais on retail PC games, they did this with Battlefield 4 and now they are doing it with ALL their catalog, including Titanfall and The Sims 4. If I ever want to buy EA titles on launch now I'll have to shell out 120 Reais. That is really fucking steep, and it was steep already at 99.
While most publishers used digital distribution to cut costs and have more penetration on the market (a digital full price title from Square Enix is 80 Reais) EA is exploiting the law and pulling this shit on us. EA went digital only, JUST so they can charge more while having less costs. This is just awful, why do they hate their consumers so much?

Sorry for the off-topic rant and the awful english.

vermadas

Thanks JaseC for Universe Sandbox!

Unrelated; I've been playing Rayman Origins. It's one of those games where I'm not really having fun with it but I'm having difficulty understanding why. The controls are tight, the levels are interesting, and the game is gorgeous. Despite all that, I'm getting bored fairly quickly.

r3n4ud

Unrelated; I've been playing Rayman Origins. It's one of those games where I'm not really having fun with it but I'm having difficulty understanding why. The controls are tight, the levels are interesting, and the game is gorgeous. Despite all that, I'm getting bored fairly quickly.

I had the same issue with Origins, and now Legends. Not sure why, but didn't enjoy either game. Probably because I suck at them.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I feel bad for the our Euro friends with the changes that are happening in the digital gaming stores, I know the feeling to well of being screwed by taxes and shitty conversion. Anyway, regarding the new HB thing:

Along with the currencies, we’ve introduced what we call Humble Pricing. Humble Pricing is an automated price that is updated every night based on the US dollar price of the game. Humble Pricing doesn’t scale up for VAT or other charges. It simply translates a single worldwide price to each currency.

I hope they don't do it with Reais or I won't be able to buy directly from HB anymore. Current Brazilian credit card policies make it so that you aren't able to purchase from sites that show a conversion of the price while still selling the products in dollars. The reason is that banks want to have control of what exchange they'll be able to apply when they bill you.

Oh shit son it's yet another fucking....

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

header.jpg

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

Prey key giveaway. MS Paint contest. 24 hours. Blah blah blah.

In honour of all the bans in SteamGAF lately, the title of this content will be 'What Happens If When I Am Banned from GAF'. Profound sadness? Burning rage? Horrible, horrible freedom? One entry per person but you can make it whatever your little heart desires be it a single picture, multiple comic panels, poop flung at a canvas, animated JIF, etc. Funniest and most creative wins the fabulous prize.

Have fun kiddies.

I already have prey so not an entry, just bored >.>

kTMelhn.jpg

Knurek

Real fun in Rayman Origins is in the Red Crystal levels. That differentiates men from pussies.

Also, from what I've seen Humble Pricing so far is $1 = 1€

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I felt that Rayman Jungle and Fiesta Run were much tighter experiences. I didn't care for Origins at all.

Tizoc

...Motherfucking sales man.
I just now realized I have 99 Spirits thru Groupees but bought it with its JPN audio ver. off of a site recently.

These sales man...

wetflame

Pizza Dog
It'd be interesting to see what the actual price comparison between US/EU/UK is on the Humble Store, hard to believe I'm not being ripped off in some way here.

Edit: Here's a few different price points, can anyone provide US equivalents?

Cubetractor £1.49
Papers, Please £5.99
Broforce £8.99
Starbound £11.99
Overgrowth Alpha £17.99
Broken Age £18.99
Mortal Kombat Komplete £24.99
Planetary Annihilation £32.99
Crusader Kings 2 £69.99

Nzyme32

Are people still interested in Prey keys? I'm planning to do some large giveaways to eventually celebrate getting out of a bad spot. Might stockpile

Knurek

It'd be interesting to see what the actual price comparison between US/EU/UK is on the Humble Store, hard to believe I'm not being ripped off in some way here.

I've posted this earlier today:

Yaaaa~y, Crusaders Kings II collection is up from $79,99 to €79,99 ($110)
What a steal, great deal.
At least they don't convert it to £69.99 ($118) like the dicks at GMG do. Still, choke on it, Humble.

HoosTrax

Thinking about Alpha Protocol. Can you play it mostly stealth (silenced weapons etc)? Or does the it have stupid boss fights that require you to get shooty like DXHR?

Arthea

you are, that's only point of doing this, that I've seen so far.
Odin bless gog, I hope they never give into this temptation.

def sim

Thinking about Alpha Protocol. Can you play it mostly stealth (silenced weapons etc)? Or does the it have stupid boss fights that require you to get shooty like DXHR?

The latter. Stealth/pistol is kind of a broken class anyhow so the bosses aren't a problem.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Stealth is OP and some boss fights can be VERY tough depending on how you build yourself, but it's doable.

Buy it, dope-ass game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom