• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Need to replay Alpha Protocol. Went in stealth and it was all working out until that rock star boss. Not sure if I tried tackling him too early or what,

BadWolf

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory:
Bought this during that recent sale. Finished it by using stealth throughout, a pretty solid game gameplay-wise. The visuals were nice but too dark so you were sort of forced to see a lot of green via night vision goggles for most of the game. The shadow mechanic felt a little overpowered. The voice actor for Sam Fisher was really good, I can see why people were unhappy that he got replaced in the new game.

The story, characters, cutscenes etc. were all pretty crappy though. The only fun dialogue was between Sam and the soldiers he interrogated.

So overall, solid gameplay and visuals but forgettable everything else.

Bastion:
Finished this yesterday and this really impressed me. Fantastic visuals and sound with fun gameplay and a story that kept me interested. Nice theme song too.

Very colorful game and just the right length I felt with a very satisfying conclusion.

The world building around you as you went through it never got old.

garath

I loved Alpha Protocol. It was a janky mess most of the time but I played it through stealth and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I wish they'd make a sequel.

tjohn86

Enjoy SteamGAF!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rush Bros. -- MB-B0665CA3D19F3D40 - Taken by Garcia
Kung Fu Strike -- MB-CD0FAB53BEB71D57 - Taken by Sub Zero

milena87

Up until the cokefiend Russian that is.

Nah, that fight is easy with Chain Shot (even level 1): Chain Shot at the start of the fight, the guy comes at you, you run around the room a bit and then up the stairs, when he follows you up, you go down, Chain Shot, ecc... completely ignore the other thugs, just focus on Brayko.

The Chain Shot ability is really a must. On my first playthrough I had problems with Omen Den, because I didn't put enough points in Pistol. The next 4 playthroughs I went for Chain Shot immediately, then I focused on Stealth and Sabotage as well.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Need to replay Alpha Protocol. Went in stealth and it was all working out until that rock star boss. Not sure if I tried tackling him too early or what,

The game is not designed for a pure stealth build. You need emphasis on at least one gun. The pistol with the chain-headshot ability or whatever it's called is a pretty safe choice if you don't otherwise want to use guns in the game.

_hekk05

Banned
Oh shit son it's yet another fucking....

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

Must win this time, or I will exude even more salt.

oQvvzMx.png

Tesseract

Banned
I have to go all the way to my games list and check my stats to see achievements for games I own. No idea how I'd do it now for games I don't own. They're just gone from store pages.

yeah i dunno why they changed that, i like to use achievements to gauge replayability. tinfoil.gabe

Arthea

Luckily it's only in the shop so far and not the bundles... but I'm sure that'll come soon enough :/

When I think about it, there might be a positive side in it. Instead of buying all bundles, we'll buy only ones that have majority of games we would like to play. We spend the same and play the same, only game count doesn't skyrocket anymore.
I'm totally kidding :(

Firebrand

Anyone have any clue as to why I keep getting 0 bytes game updates that stall the queue and don't actually perform the update until hours later?

I don't have any updating schedule set under settings. This started a month or two ago.

ZeroCoin

Few games to give away.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Interstellar Marines -- MB-4B15E648CB01F801 - Taken by The_Monk. 5 entrants total.
Psychonauts -- MB-43563838C779823F - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 4 entrants total.

t1392738548z1.png

It'd be interesting to see what the actual price comparison between US/EU/UK is on the Humble Store, hard to believe I'm not being ripped off in some way here.

Edit: Here's a few different price points, can anyone provide US equivalents?

Cubetractor £1.49
Papers, Please £5.99
Broforce £8.99
Starbound £11.99
Overgrowth Alpha £17.99
Broken Age £18.99
Mortal Kombat Komplete £24.99
Planetary Annihilation £32.99
Crusader Kings 2 £69.99

You can still buy some games(i dont know if every game works) on their pages : http://papersplea.se/ as example is still 9.99$. And yes i tried it today with Goat Simulation and yes you pay the $ price.

Turfster

...Motherfucking sales man.
I just now realized I have 99 Spirits thru Groupees but bought it with its JPN audio ver. off of a site recently.

These sales man...

B... But didn't the groupees version include the JPN audio version too?

Are people still interested in Prey keys? I'm planning to do some large giveaways to eventually celebrate getting out of a bad spot. Might stockpile
Yes, since Man Puncher banned me 4LYFE from their giveaways!

hohoXD123

It'd be interesting to see what the actual price comparison between US/EU/UK is on the Humble Store, hard to believe I'm not being ripped off in some way here.

Edit: Here's a few different price points, can anyone provide US equivalents?

Cubetractor £1.49
Papers, Please £5.99
Broforce £8.99
Starbound £11.99
Overgrowth Alpha £17.99
Broken Age £18.99
Mortal Kombat Komplete £24.99
Planetary Annihilation £32.99
Crusader Kings 2 £69.99

Damn, that's not great. I know Broken Age was $24.99, so around £14.99

The_Monk

Hoping to play a little more of Alpha Protocol later on, the bit that I played yesterday was really interesting.

EDIT: ZeroCoin, thank you very much for Interstellar fellow GAFfer. Those shark pictures in here made me curious. Can't wait to try it out. Will provide my tiny thoughts later on, as usual. :)

Hello fellow GAFfers...

Been a while... so to celebrate, here are some games!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

South Park Stick of Truth -- MB-61325DEBDF0A8B1C - Taken by Kryptonite. 55 entrants total.
GRID 2 -- MB-3EFC6205B931C9BE - Taken by NingenJanai. 17 entrants total.
The Witcher 2 -- MB-EF20632FFD75A909 - Taken by UnrealEck. 12 entrants total.
Rust -- MB-3B0D5A1E80F2F074 - Taken by Backlogger. 37 entrants total.
Alpha Protocol -- MB-3EB41884B436761B - Taken by EmergentFocus. 11 entrants total.

t1392749978z1.png

Burekma

That feel when you get the Stick of Truth ROW gift for 10 keys and then they region lock it a day later and now it goes for 18+ keys.

€17.5 well spent.

The_Monk

Hello fellow GAFfers...

Been a while... so to celebrate, here are some games!

Well look who it is, so good to finally have you have here again fellow GAFfer! :D

Thank you for such awesome giveaway even if I'm not entering considering I was lucky once today! South Park and Rust? Whoever win any of those will be a luck person! Can't wait for impressions on both of these, since I plan to pick them on at later date.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So of course, 2 weeks after I give up on Square Enix releasing Final Fantasy XIV on Steam, they do.

Pretty torn since I want it on Steam but don't want to pay for the game again, especially since it doesn't come with 30 days like my initial purchase did. Also, apparently it's exactly the same - the game isn't patched via Steam, it's patched via the launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom