• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmizzal

You know what to do. Hope it works out.

Thank u for Dust

Yes_yes_yes.gif

Csr

Hey guys i have a question, does anyone know if spelunky on steam is exacly the same as spelunky on ps3 or is the steam version superior in some way? It is on sale on ps3 and i have money in my ps3 account. Sry if it has been asked before google search wasn't very helpful.

19Kilo

Couple keys from today's bundle, plus cleaning house on some older keys. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-EB5F792E85F4086B - Taken by Ingueferroque. 8 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol -- MB-A36F9AD4BDD3F515 - Taken by EdmondD. 2 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol Pacific Skies -- MB-19BB7F9AFAC9E7E1 - Taken by Intheflorsh. 1 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die GOTY -- MB-063D18DD1E401D12 - Taken by Myshkin. 1 entrants total.
Dust and Elysian Tail -- MB-683F2EA4EC577F03 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 2 entrants total.
Serious Sam 3 BFE -- MB-43DFCFBE0D68B24B - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Garry's Mod -- MB-D09A4901C9B61301 - Taken by koma. 7 entrants total.

t1392759114z1.png

The latest Lazy Guy Studios bundle is running a 50% off promotion for the next few hours:

http://www.lazyguysstudio.com/bundle/

Now only $1.99.

Worth it just for Hero of the Kingdom alone, if you don't already have it from the other bundle it was in. I played this (somewhat short) game this past weekend and really enjoyed it.

Just bought this, and their fulfillment system is kind of bad. It took a while for the email to arrive, so I had to use Payloadz's order recovery system to find my purchase, only to be greeted with a pretty dire-sounding warning:

Please Note: This page will be available for up to thirteen days. Your internet protocol address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx was logged for this purchase. The number of refreshes or reloads on the web page may cause your download link to expire.

Please contact hello@lazyguysstudio.com if you have any questions regarding your product or experience any download problems.

What the hell is this, CDROM.com? My downloads might EXPIRE? I might lose access to the page? Thank god the email contains the Steam/Desura keys, because if it didn't I would have two weeks and an unspecified number of page visits to grab the wallpapers they threw in as a gift and copy down all the keys to put into Steam/Desura. And how on earth are they going to get us Greenlight keys if the download page is going to cease to exist?

Long story short, I'm not sure I want to buy from these guys again until I get some clarifications on how this whole thing is supposed to work.

Benedict

Hey guys i have a question, does anyone know if spelunky on steam is exacly the same as spelunky on ps3 or is the steam version superior in some way? It is on sale on ps3 and i have money in my ps3 account. Sry if it has been asked before google search wasn't very helpful.

PS3-version is superior because of cross-buy, you get the Vita-version for free.

The only real differences at this point are (1) the Steam version has expanded achievements and (2) the Steam version was updated more recently to include the pro HUD.

The Vita version still suffers from occasional slowdown, but I wouldn't think the PS3 version has that issue.

PS3-version is superior because of cross-buy, you get the Vita-version for free.

Which (1) has slowdown problems and (2) is useless if you don't own a Vita.
More importantly, the PSN versions do not have the PRO HUD.

Daily challenges I think, but otherwise it's nearly identical

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

They are the same game on almost every level, with just two differences that might affect you one way or another.

Edit: Both versions have Daily Challenge now, so all good there.

On PS3, we get the option of a Co-Op mode with someone who has the game on Vita that you can play together. Quite a bit of fun to be had there.

Beyond that, same game and you should get it wherever you feel most comfortable playing it.

The_Monk

Yeah, I need my Resident Evil 4: Ultimate Edition OT now!

Why oh why did you have to remind me about this game releasing soon...? Now I have this great music in my mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSGPoLCY0xU

It's so... relaxing. I feel safe when listening this. I already played the "HD" console version but I would be down for a 60 FPS version on PC, I'll be curious to see some GAFfers impressions, not to mention that some will play this for the very first time (lucky ones!).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just bought this, and their fulfillment system is kind of bad. It took a while for the email to arrive, so I had to use Payloadz's order recovery system to find my purchase, only to be greeted with a pretty dire-sounding warning:

What the hell is this, CDROM.com? My downloads might EXPIRE? I might lose access to the page? Thank god the email contains the Steam/Desura keys, because if it didn't I would have two weeks and an unspecified number of page visits to grab the wallpapers they threw in as a gift and copy down all the keys to put into Steam/Desura. And how on earth are they going to get us Greenlight keys if the download page is going to cease to exist?

Long story short, I'm not sure I want to buy from these guys again until I get some clarifications on how this whole thing is supposed to work.

I agree, it's pretty terrible. Like you said, at least they provide Steam and Desura keys. It's my understanding that a) this is a new bundle site and b) they're processing all of the orders by hand.

I believe I saw on Twitter that greenlit games would be sent via email, let me see if I can find that tweet...

I think they brought over the Daily Challenge.

They are the same game on almost every level, with just two differences that might affect you one way or another.

On Steam we get a Daily Challenge mode where everyone gets the same layout of stages and competes against each other for high score on our friend's list. Who survives the longest, gets the most money, furtherest stage reached, etc. One try only.

On PS3, we get the option of a Co-Op mode with someone who has the game on Vita that you can play together. Quite a bit of fun to be had there.

Beyond that, same game and you should get it wherever you feel most comfortable playing it.

Daily challenge was patched into the PSN versions.
Co-op exists for local play on PC.

They're the same game, except the PSN version doesn't have the most recent patch that fixed a bunch of bugs and added the PRO HUD.

I don't think they give you game downloads. The email includes the keys. I believe that the download is for some bonus wallpapers.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Ah well that's good to hear. Then my statement of buying wherever one feels most comfortable/have money getting Spelunky is really they only choice.

Though I do quite enjoy having Spelunky on the go with Vita.

Csr

Thanks for the answers everyone, btw i thought the daily challenges were added to the ps3 and vita versions, that was the only information the google search gave me about the differences. The hud looks nice but i will buy it on ps3 since i don't feel like waiting for the game to go on sale on steam again.
edit: i see i was late with the daily challenge info

Elija2

Have fun!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Antichamber -- MB-1210C9DA851FB4B5 - Taken by Seraphis Cain. 19 entrants total.

t1392759878z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Beep (this game kind of sucks) -- MB-210C70087C9A9489 - Taken by bkw. 6 entrants total.

t1392759968z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Foreign Legion (terrible shooting game, not worth playing) -- MB-4A851FC149ECF400 - Taken by Diedac. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Orborun (Desura) -- MB-01988F9D0FE7BF20 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 1 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom (casual text adventure / resource management / hidden object / unique) -- MB-A2D889ABC8A7B30E - Taken by Turfster. 8 entrants total.

t1392760148z1.png

Myshkin

I've seen lazyguys web site linked to before, and as before, there is nothing there - i.e, someone here says it has Hero of the Kingdom, but it's nowhere to be found. I'd only get their stuff from a known legitimate site. And it better be damn cheap, because they can't even make a web site.

And... thanks, 19Kilo, for the dying Orcs gift.

Grief.exe

Hey guys!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

The Swapper -- MB-0CED07CA8F7396CC - Taken by Archaix. 5 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-0C0B8A5035EDCA42 - Taken by Thorgal. 6 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-2DC90B09848AAB69 - Taken by Cheddahz. 11 entrants total.
Monaco What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-22AEFF818E4439C2 - Taken by confuziz. 4 entrants total.
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-140FD2B8CC73BB4C - Taken by gabbo. 1 entrants total.
Dust An Elysian Tail -- MB-59AB04E407E7E180 - Taken by AsylumX. 3 entrants total.

t1392770094z1.png

Kiru

There's some weird promotion going on where you can get a steam key for THIEF Gold for free:

Link: https://www.thiefmodcompetition.com/#tab0

1 You need to give your first and last name and an e-mail to get a discount code.

2 Click the link, add Thief Gold to the cart and put the code to get a 100% off.

3 Get a Steam key for Thief Gold and redeem it on Steam

I don't have credit card to get myself a copy :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom