• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm late I know, anyway, to anyone who wants it:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-0CC01A25CC20A280 - Taken by Leg-End. 8 entrants total.

t1392760599z1.png

Eanan

There's some weird promotion going on where you can get a steam key for THIEF Gold for free:

Link: https://www.thiefmodcompetition.com/#tab0

1 You need to give your first and last name and an e-mail to get a discount code.

2 Click the link, add Thief Gold to the cart and put the code to get a 100% off.

3 Get a Steam key for Thief Gold and redeem it on Steam

I don't have credit card to get myself a copy :(
Quick before the zombies on steamgifts come along to hoard up on keys and kill the website!

jediyoshi

There's some weird promotion going on where you can get a steam key for THIEF Gold for free:

1 You need to give your first and last name and an e-mail to get a discount code.

2 Click the link, add Thief Gold to the cart and put the code to get a 100% off.

Looked up the official info page because the site looks hilariously dubious
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1001928521

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I've passed on the Swapper so many times, it pops up in a Humble Bundle and it's literally the only game in the bundle I don't own already.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I'm not getting an email or a link or anything. Clicking "submit" just reloads the page.

Man, the Surface Pro 2 is really rad. Got steam installed on it and Civilization downloading so I'm interested to see how that works. Will have to look into other touch based games and hook up my DS4.

Turfster

I haven't played it, but going from Dwarf Fortress > Gnomoria it looks pretty amazing to me ;)
I don't know, from what I remember, DF had quite good feedback.
(No, I'm not going back to check. I managed to escape its clutches once. If I go back in, I won't be able to do it again)
If Banished really only gives a single line in a tiny scroll window and a number that changes as only indication of a death, then that is bad feedback design. It doesn't have to be a popup window with an ok button, but something that draws the attention (going from a floating -1 text over church bells tolling to a real 'funeral' happening in your town) is sorely needed for this, especially in a game that's balanced the way this one seems to be.

I don't think they give you game downloads. The email includes the keys. I believe that the download is for some bonus wallpapers.

Yeah, I realized pretty quick that they're just wallpapers, but it's still kind of ridiculous. No other bundle site that I can think of does the whole "grab your codes and downloads in 14 days, after that it's gone" thing. Even Indie Gala keeps your stuff up, they just won't give you customer support for bad keys after 60 days.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah, I realized pretty quick that they're just wallpapers, but it's still kind of ridiculous. No other bundle site that I can think of does the whole "grab your codes and downloads in 14 days, after that it's gone" thing. Even Indie Gala keeps your stuff up, they just won't give you customer support for bad keys after 60 days.

Reminded me of the old Strategy First "Bundles" they used to do a couple of years ago. Now THOSE were the worst. You only had I think 60 days to be able to download the games (which had additional DRM and no Steam keys). After that, you had to buy them again.

Oh, Stategy First....

Right, now you can make people get SteamWorldDig.

I can also vouch for the Steamworld Dig's awesomeness. I sat down to play it yesterday and before I knew it I was watching the ending credits about 4 1/2 hours later. Super fun, will play again, A+.

oipic

Welcome back, Grief - you're integral to this place, it's great to have you back on deck.

Careful posting out there, everyone!

The_Monk

I can also vouch for the Steamworld Dig's awesomeness. I sat down to play it yesterday and before I knew it I was watching the ending credits about 4 1/2 hours later. Super fun, will play again, A+.

I have yet to experience myself but I'm glad it will be released on more platforms since this give a chance for more people to try the game. I think PS4 and Vita will get the game soon.

Kiru

Btw, that Free THIEF Giveaway already got posted on steamgifts. No wonder the site doesn't work anymore LOL.

Hey guys!

Welcome back, chief.

Reminded me of the old Strategy First "Bundles" they used to do a couple of years ago. Now THOSE were the worst. You only had I think 60 days to be able to download the games (which had additional DRM and no Steam keys). After that, you had to buy them again.

Oh, Stategy First....

I wonder if it's the type of game that would look good with CRT settings... :runs off to check SweetFX DB:

I can't believe that Ikaruga is on my screen. I need to grab x360ce real quick.

Awesome, right?
Works great with DS3/DS4 and DS3 SCP Server.
My one issue was having to change the buttons around... i now have polarity on L1/R1, fire on a/x (square/cross), and special on L2/R2.

Now I just need to figure out how to get better at chaining. Practice I guess.

Razakin

Thanks to new Humble Bundle, it was time to check what keys hadn't used and let people enjoy some free games if they've missed getting them. Enjoy the games, or enjoy having again a bit bigger backlog.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-7A34569C2587E2B6 - Taken by Leg-End
Hotline Miami -- MB-4FF8C888C63302AD - Taken by GaussTek
Brutal Legend -- MB-65F80E0443635D80 - Taken by scorpscarx
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-5C18C8653AFA1767 - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-0C21B74356B10749 - Taken by Scipius
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-9FC8276B590AE368 - Taken by inm8num2
Bastion -- MB-DD1AEBB599AC1EF4 - Taken by 2n2
Dustforce -- MB-946945156E687C09 - Taken by louiedog
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-B989A3E6BF634C8F - Taken by Mavromatis
Cave Story Plus -- MB-66206BA3114AD043 - Taken by Spring-Loaded
Binding of Isaac Plus Lamb of the Wrath -- MB-D49047E7FAC97294 - Taken by Saty
The Basement Collection -- MB-47FDDFF04B3AF365 - Taken by nexen

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
ModBot said:
Instructions for Applesauce:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Swapper -- MB-C44D86F14007A4FC - Taken by MakeshiftChef
Dust An Elysian Tail -- MB-C7A9E0FC5555DC91 - Taken by Spring-Loaded
Guacamelee Gold Edition -- MB-FE6163AE7188D726 - Taken by Purkake4

enjoy

_hekk05

Banned
First person to clone themselves gets The Swapper (this is not a joke post.)

oh and hi grief dot exe

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ give swapper ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I'll see myself out

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks to new Humble Bundle, it was time to check what keys hadn't used and let people enjoy some free games if they've missed getting them. Enjoy the games, or enjoy having again a bit bigger backlog.

Awesome giveaway. Unfortunately I was too slow to get Dustforce. :( But there is some great quality PC gaming to be had here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom