• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinomura

Everyone is welcome ^__^

Back to Strider, about 2 hours in, I got finally the reflecting bullets skill, but it's 2 am here, so I'm quitting :)

Not bad, a well done "homage". Found a couple of bug, btw (message+portrait hover Strider character - so it's difficult to understand what's happening, and a door which just decided to not allow me to pass, but after a little trip it worked again; finally - not a real bug, I presume - but the "edge" of the blade hit effect doesn't hit, while it should be the most cutting part...).

Turfster

Welp, switching to beta didn't fix it...
Rebooting didn't fix it...
Verifies fine...
Went back to non-beta... still not fixed...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

And it's the only game doing this.
Guess I'm redownloading.
This better fix it, Volvo!

FloatOn

Sitting here in class thinking about dark souls... Yeah, I'm addicted again.

Lameco needs to announce a date for DS2 right nao!

Hinomura

I just tried Prey and it works, but it happens a weird thing... launching it gives "application already running" error the first time, but then it works...

Welp, switching to beta didn't fix it...
Rebooting didn't fix it...
Verifies fine...
Went back to non-beta... still not fixed...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

And it's the only game doing this.
Guess I'm redownloading.
This better fix it, Volvo!

I really want to play Gunz 2, but the server is always full. I liked what little that I played of it. I do not understand why they were not better prepared for this in terms of server capacity.

Edit: I just read that the game only support up to 1,500 concurrent players. Really?

Turfster

Figured I'd try some other doom 3 engine games, but I can't find my old discs any more.
Sigh. Ah well. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon... because the only thing that changed, was that Steam's client got updated, soooooooooooooo...

derExperte

Huh, you now can use emotes in the profile summary, the text (like :dosh:) will get converted to the actual emoticon. Wasn't like this yesterday.

captureixk1v.png

And yes, I'm aware that that might be the most trivial and unimportant thing that ever happened to Steam.

Evrain

I won Giana Sisters from Jive Turkey (thank you!), however in the meantime I bought another spare Humble Bundle I plan to give away, so in the meantime let's reroll Giana plus a spare Medal of Honor that appeared on my HDD (however, I'm not 100% sure I didn't redeem it or the other one, so if it's used message me).
Quote to see the gift URL

Giana Sisters (don't know how to hide links, so first one to quote me gets it)

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 1 Origin keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Medal of Honor -- MB-030C4AA4A76C3F5C - Taken by cardinalmind. 1 entrants total.

t1392861987z1.png

FauX

OMG, I haven't visited the forum today, well... Until now, and it happens that I won Rayman Origins steam key giveaway!!!

Thank you BundysFeet, you are a great fellow gaffer!!!

JakeD

so not only is the Port Royale 3 "key" issue not resolved, the steam forum where everyone was collectively bitching about it has mysteriously disappeared. hah, never seen that before. i wouldn't be at all concerned except peoples customer service responses were varying wildly. i was told they were "working on it" and other people were told to "contact steam" etc.

edit: aand the forums back. nevermind.

rtcn63

I won Giana Sisters from Jive Turkey (thank you!), however in the meantime I bought another spare Humble Bundle I plan to give away, so in the meantime let's reroll Giana plus a spare Medal of Honor that appeared on my HDD (however, I'm not 100% sure I didn't redeem it or the other one, so if it's used message me).
Quote to see the gift URL

Giana Sisters (don't know how to hide links, so first one to quote me gets it)

I'll have it, good sir.

Huh, you now can use emotes in the profile summary, the text (like :dosh:) will get converted to the actual emoticon. Wasn't like this yesterday.

captureixk1v.png

And yes, I'm aware that that might be the most trivial and unimportant thing that ever happened to Steam.

It was added yesterday:

We have several small changes today around trade offers, emoticons, and profile backgrounds:
You can once again include a note with your trade offer, and these will display in a new style.
Emoticons are now supported in profile descriptions and showcases.
Emoticons are also supported in group announcements
The emoticon popup is now sorted by game name, then by emoticon name.
Emoticon item descriptions in inventory, trade, and market will now show a preview of the small size emoticon.
Profile background item descriptions in inventory, trade, and market now have a link to preview the background full-size.

Stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-91627ACCD8473113 - Taken by Nabs. 4 entrants total.

t1392864057z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom