• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
99 Levels to Hell Steam keys are now up on desura (for bundlestars buyers at least)

if you owned it in both groupees and bundlestars, there doesn't seem to be a way to get 2 keys (unless you give the desura key to someone else, i have an extra if someone wants to try)

Up for indie game stand too.

In case anybody was wondering, no it isn't any good.

Lain

if buying ffxiv from a trader, will i play on european server or some russian server?

You'll play on Canadian servers (because data centers for EU are in Canada just like the data centers for NA).

You are free to play on whatever server you want. You can pick to play on JP/NA/EU servers from inside the game.

Khronico

Not turning this thread into FF talk, I must say, I'm pretty much in disagreement whit all fanbase and bigger part of earth's population. I actually think that all FF games are good, quality games, and I would rebuy them of steam if released properly, with some minimal improvements, achievements, cards and no dlc or seemingly f2p.
That being said, I would buy even FF12 and 13 trilogy, I personally don't like, just because they are still a good games, not by FF standards good, but as a games.
And FFs have awesome combat, I never could understand complains about it, any of them, well except may be FF12, it had great idea for combat on paper but was really boring to play.

edited: I also like most minigames in FF games, including Blitzball, can't even begin to understand what's to hate.

Yea, I would buy probably any FF if it was released on Steam. I'm definitely getting FF8 when it goes on sale even though I find the storyline and characters the second worst in the series (besides the FF13 trilogy).

Release FF5 and 6 on Steam, Square Enix. I'll buy them! I promise!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yea, I would buy probably any FF if it was released on Steam. I'm definitely getting FF8 when it goes on sale even though I find the storyline and characters the second worst in the series (besides the FF13 trilogy).

Release FF5 and 6 on Steam, Square Enix. I'll buy them! I promise!

Even though I already own them on Android, I would even re-buy the recent mobile re-releases of V and VI (as well as Final Fantasy Dimensions) on Steam if they were ported to PC.

As long as they have controller support, and don't require a touchscreen.

JakeD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

99 levels to hell -- MB-9B46AE188275244A - Taken by adriano999. 14 entrants total.

t1392848171z1.png

>:-()

didamangi

Square should release their PSX library as well to Steam, just hire/bought one of the emulators that already plays their games.

Vagrant Story still looks pixely gorgeous, especially so in widescreen and HD.

Scipius

Found a spare key that I hadn't used or given away. Most people will have this game already, but if you don't, try it!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Zeno Clash -- MB-4845461A205FE9B6 - Taken by ShogunX. 3 entrants total.

t1392858207z1.png

Garcia

Square should release their PSX library as well to Steam, just hire/bought one of the emulators that already plays their games.

That's one of the beauties of HD emulation. And yes, +1 for Vagrant Story and more Squaresoft titles being released on Steam.

drakaenae

First time using ModBot
ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-431284AEFC4D67AE - Taken by zeroOman. 3 entrants total.
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-7E60FC9B5DB9EC13 - Taken by Coldsun. 4 entrants total.
Trine -- MB-345CF9E0F713E2AA - Taken by user237. 5 entrants total.
Lucius -- MB-A806A8F359CAC47D - Taken by DJSebolski. 7 entrants total.
Star Wolves 3 Civil War -- MB-927D387E1AC70A7F - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.

t1392858565z1.png

Arthea

Even though I already own them on Android, I would even re-buy the recent mobile re-releases of V and VI (as well as Final Fantasy Dimensions) on Steam if they were ported to PC.

As long as they have controller support, and don't require a touchscreen.

I would too, even if I don't like how FF5 and FF6 remakes were treated (like second or even third tier games).
SE sits on mountains of money, they have to know it, haven't they? And I don't mean only FF games, imagine Chrono games released on steam, or Mana games, or anything else. I like how they just dropped tLR there and left it to rot, it's never included in any of their bundles, it's like they pretend it doesn't exist. Wouldn't it be so hard to add some attraction to it, like I don't know, achievements may be, release some holiday related free dlc, may be? It's such an underrated game.
But then again, who can understand SE.
The heck, I would buy Dirge of Cerberus if properly rereleased!

For PS1 that actually is quite impressive.

I remember that I was really impressed by Parasite Eve on PS1 too. And Chrono Cross was gorgeous.
If they remade those games for PC... well except last new one PE (><)
It's better not to think about it.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Emerson, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

The Swapper -- MB-F78ED3B7B7C67AD3 - Taken by Kuroyume. 6 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-0E0144EA1AD7877B - Taken by neoism. 4 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-CCB691FF0BB00948 - Taken by Sarcasm. 12 entrants total.

t1392858791z1.png

I wonder how Chrono Cross would look in HD. I really wish they would port it to PC. I personally loved the game.

MRORANGE

Mac Games on Steam from GAME:

Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition - £10
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - £3.50
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - £1.75
Borderlands 2 - £5
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum - £3.50
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - £1.75
Star Wars - The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition - £3.50

The Secret of Monkey Island - Special Edition - £1.75
BioShock Infinite - £7.50
BioShock Infinite: Columbia's Finest DLC - £1.50
BioShock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds DLC - £1.50
Call of Duty: Black Ops - £8.75
BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode 1 - £5.25

Nothing too amazing, but some people might jump on COD4, hence why it was posted.

Arthea

99 Levels to Hell steam key is not on groupees purchases page, at least. Does it mean this one key is added to Desura, or it's just not there yet? How we can know which one we get from Desura? I mean, if they all add through Desura, we lose possibility to get other keys?

yeah desura only gives u 1 key, so if multiple bundles had the game, and say "go to desura to get it" youre fucked

I thought groupees always add steam keys to purchases page. May be it's just too early.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
99 Levels to Hell steam key is not on groupees purchases page, at least. Does it mean this one key is added to Desura, or it's just not there yet? How we can know which one we get from Desura? I mean, if they all add through Desura, we lose possibility to get other keys?

yeah desura only gives u 1 key, so if multiple bundles had the game, and say "go to desura to get it" youre fucked

Who needs Titanfall when you can have Takedown: Red Sabre?

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Takedown: Red Sabre -- MB-921AFFA7190A75D6 - Taken by Saty

Dr Dogg

Well after a self imposed exile for a week I final got the ugly blot of FF XIII off my backlog only to log onto to Steam to see that FF XIV has finally be thrown up with a discount. Like bloody busses. Oh well back to the grind stone.

Caerith

And FFs have awesome combat, I never could understand complains about it, any of them, well except may be FF12, it had great idea for combat on paper but was really boring to play.

edited: I also like most minigames in FF games, including Blitzball, can't even begin to understand what's to hate.

FFXII was boring to play because, once you set up your gambits just right, it no longer required any input from you besides just moving your party from fight to fight, right? I thought all the other FFs were boring for the same reason-- just, instead of having gambits, I would just set the cursor to remember my last command and mash the confirm button to get through any fight. FF combat can get boring way too easily (and Blitzball was no different-- even if you don't just spam Jecht Shot, it's easy to recruit players with stats that are like double everyone else's). FFXIII and FFXI are the only numbered FF titles where I couldn't fall asleep during combat and still win.

Not saying that it doesn't.
Still, it's a 240p game, no amount of fake postprocessing will change that.
Vagrant Story really needs an HD remake, because I still regret loaning my copy out to someone I never got it back from.

Grief.exe

Made a custom DVD cover for Riddick today. I prefer Butcher Bay to Dark Athena, so I just left it at that despite the PC version containing both.

Took a little longer than intended due to the difficulty of finding high-res assets for older games. Renders of the logo or the original cover art were all lower resolution. I was tempted to use the poster from the latest movie for the front.
The art on the back is from DA.

Mac Games on Steam from GAME:

Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition - £10
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - £3.50
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - £1.75
Borderlands 2 - £5
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum - £3.50
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - £1.75
Star Wars - The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition - £3.50

The Secret of Monkey Island - Special Edition - £1.75
BioShock Infinite - £7.50
BioShock Infinite: Columbia's Finest DLC - £1.50
BioShock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds DLC - £1.50
Call of Duty: Black Ops - £8.75
BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode 1 - £5.25

Nothing too amazing, but some people might jump on COD4, hence why it was posted.

Black Ops isn't Steamplay, right? So it's useless unless you actually have a mac?

Darkout looks really cool. Anyone tried it?

People in here were saying it's a bad Terraria clone with a Jet Force Gemini motif.

Hinomura

Back from Strider (about 1hr playtime)!

Maybe I've been hasty, but it doesn't seem to be possible to change controls.
I hate games that force you to use analog stick for digital control, it works just bad: "Hey I'm crouching, not turning... No! I'm walking, go on, don't crouch!" aaaagh.
Playing it with keyboard is infinitely better, even if prompts are for Xinput.

Gameplay is quite "Striderish" but more relaxed and more focused on exploration; it's a metroidvania, since you need new powers/skills to proceed and you have to backtrack here and there while uncovering the map. Enemies don't pose serious danger for now, and there's plenty of life-recovering items and various full-life recovering checkpoints.

Playing it again... for now it's quite fun.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
I am giving away 38 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-55F1A25AB1B90498 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 4 entrants total.
Dynamite Jack -- MB-2F14DAA4A986D76E - Taken by killatopak. 9 entrants total.
Dust An Elysian Tale -- MB-31783072266C715D - Taken by JDHarbs. 5 entrants total.
Monaco What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-5CD82B496DDC1BD7 - Taken by FOX_. 14 entrants total.
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-9AB93EC0BDF71AD1 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 3 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-9A70D35F232D0299 - Taken by Garcia. 3 entrants total.
Strike Suit Zero -- MB-44BF427C9C20C0CE - Taken by OFFIS. 19 entrants total.
Joe Danger 2 The Movie -- MB-EF8A83B7E883C63B - Taken by cardinalmind. 10 entrants total.
HOARD -- MB-490F2217A38C39C3 - Taken by Declarius. 1 entrants total.
Solar 2 -- MB-11CB0C1A3CFAF1AE - Taken by oipic. 2 entrants total.
Awesomenauts #2 -- MB-F23267E561AA2F38 - Taken by AsylumX. 7 entrants total.
Awesomenauts Cluck Costume -- MB-B11B9FA90E94DC58
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-BADCDC0A500F613A - Taken by WhiskeyDiver. 1 entrants total.
Awesomenauts -- MB-E1E6094CC6244AE3 - Taken by Nikkuthulu. 8 entrants total.
Guacamelee Gold Edition -- MB-EDFB27B47316E87E - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 9 entrants total.
Incredipede -- MB-24751DC2C14E4196 - Taken by tylergregg. 11 entrants total.
Splice -- MB-93F6B1A9F21DCA9D - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-63B440DDB5A2E1A6 - Taken by KenOD. 3 entrants total.
Anomaly Korea -- MB-933D0A6E2EB15F5D - Taken by louiedog. 9 entrants total.
Chivalry Medieval Warfare -- MB-2C4D21BDB2FC5954 - Taken by Kuroyume. 36 entrants total.
Torchlight -- MB-A8806DF87CA902E0 - Taken by Mleugie. 12 entrants total.
Napoleon Total War -- MB-BDFCC568B072DA19 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 23 entrants total.
Organ Trail Director's Cut -- MB-0B249F28585EB49A - Taken by Mleugie. 6 entrants total.
Magicka Wizard Wars -- MB-C948980BA6EA661D - Taken by trailmix16. 4 entrants total.
Sanctum Collection -- MB-C100D0B13D70DD34 - Taken by ZeroXZee. 5 entrants total.
Dungeon Defenders plus All DLC -- MB-9537B0A62CCC2DF8 - Taken by EdmondD. 3 entrants total.
Worms Reloaded -- MB-6A1E62F9853B9E8E - Taken by user237. 9 entrants total.
Broken Sword Director's Cut -- MB-6BAE20200B013FEA - Taken by Vazduh. 10 entrants total.
Garry's Mod -- MB-D93A1E772BF22513 - Taken by Snakethesniper. 6 entrants total.
Intrusion 2 -- MB-8543C548699E64D5 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 7 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-A861FAA936B1EFF6 - Taken by Baha. 8 entrants total.
The Chaos Engine -- MB-287A35AE05C74046 - Taken by Turfster. 20 entrants total.
To the Moon -- MB-8A46FEC45D3C8F34 - Taken by KageZero. 8 entrants total.
English Country Tune -- MB-49EE1AA49E371AF0 - Taken by Cloudius12. 5 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-0B5844F2A1F01B42 - Taken by dot. 20 entrants total.
Shank 2 -- MB-7E28E0889DBC71E2 - Taken by Pakkidis. 7 entrants total.
Ticket to Ride -- MB-A52D6A1D57844C18 - Taken by Myshkin. 5 entrants total.
Greed Corp -- MB-3479DDB45C8F80B9

t1392937901z1.png

...I didn't realize that I'd amassed so many extra Humble Bundle keys, heh. Good luck! :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom