• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
That bad? What are the things that you dislike about the game?

You know that many people are also fans of FFX right? Their taste may not coincide with yours so it's good to know what aspects of the game you feel that are inadequate so we can compare it to our criteria. Too linear or something?

Yeah, Final Fantasy X was way too linear. All of the exploration of the previous games in the series was pretty much gone... it's a very different game than the previous final fantasies, most of which I hold to be the higher points of the franchise (FF4, FF6-9).

As I said before, I'll write up all my thoughts on what I don't like about Strider when I finish it later tonight most likely. Quickly: I don't like the way it "feels" in terms of animation and control, combat is meaningless and boring, it's not really challenging, there's not a lot of variety to the stages or the enemies you're hit with, etc.

AsylumX

Will Modbot take 2 keys on 1 line? I'm assuming it will, but just wanted to double check with the community

Like:

Syerbia I & II (2 keys will be sent): xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Yes you can just use this... xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and put in the post that there are two keys stick together... Easy

not saying this particular title did it(because I don't know let alone care), but some people on greenlight "bribe" people to vote for them and promise to give them a free key if/when it gets greenlit

I just wonder why people vote for obvious mobile-titles. And in Toy Soldiers case at least the iOS-Version is not really beatable without iAP-purchases.
I was wondering the same when that mobile Shooter was greenlit on Steam...

It is just kinda sad to see, because there are other games on GL that show much more promise but somehow lately you see a lot of those "trash"-games greenlit.

I was critising Valve when there was not enough titles greenlit, but right now I think there is too much. They should find a middleground. Because of too much greenlit titles, you kinda see a lot of titles that look like they belong in the same quality-category like Bad Rats and co.

lol. I was checking out Metacritic and it seems that it wasn't very well received mostly because of the game's "technical issues" (I guess that's one of them haha).

Still worth to try it out, I guess, (and hopefully they've since fixed some of the issues heh)

It has technical issues and the gameplay is bad. Pick up Anodyne or Evilquest instead.

I just wonder why people vote for obvious mobile-titles. And in Toy Soldiers case at least the iOS-Version is not really beatable without iAP-purchases.
I was wondering the same when that mobile Shooter was greenlit on Steam...

It is just kinda sad to see, because there are other games on GL that show much more promise but somehow lately you see a lot of those "trash"-games greenlit.

I was critising Valve when there was not enough titles greenlit, but right now I think there is too much. They should find a middleground. Because of too much greenlit titles, you kinda see a lot of titles that look like they belong in the same quality-category like Bad Rats and co.

yeah that's my problem with the whole program too

glad it's going away sometime in the future

Maaaaaan, Steam always downloads stuff so slow for me and I don't know why. :( I have it set to New York, which is closer to me than Philly is, and my connection is over 20MB/s but Steam only downloads around 2MB/s if I'm lucky. Does anyone have any tips that might help? :/

Are you sure you don't have a 20MegaBit connection? Screenshot of a speedtest maybe?

rtcn63

Yes no

NightmarePolice_6434.JPG

Backlogger

Too bad you didn't ask the other day, I actually just ordered one from Staples that had a secret sale for $30. I have no idea why I didn't post it here.

http://www.staples.com/Staples-Turcotte-Luxura-High-Back-Managers-Chair-Brown/product_934102

http://www.staples-3p.com/s7/is/image/Staples/s0496123_sc7?$splssku$[/]

Keep your eyes on slickdeals, companies try to clear out stock constantly it would seem.[/QUOTE]

The chair was $30? Or $30 off? I'm on Slickdeals probably more than GAF, but I didn't catch this sale

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just saw the ubisoft sale. Do all games require Uplay and if not, do we have a list of the ones that don't require it?

I'm eying up Beyond Good and Evil.

As a general rule, every Ubi game from AssCreed 2 onwards requires Uplay. The exceptions to this are most of the Ubi-published titles developed outside of Ubisoft (e.g. the Call of Juarez games).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What was tha ubisoft game coming out according to some Australian gaffer? Anno 1854? Anno 1208? What was it...

...JaseeeeeeeeeeC! /shakes fist at air /cries

:(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What was tha ubisoft game coming out according to some Australian gaffer? Anno 1854? Anno 1208? What was it...

...JaseeeeeeeeeeC! /shakes fist at air /cries

:(

Haha, I weighed in on that earlier: I think Ubi had planned to get Venice patched up in time for the sale, but obviously it didn't happen.

Anyone know if Strider has a postgame for cleaning up collectibles?
It's warning me about entering the final area and I want to know if I need to go for the rest of the "collectible" achievements now or not.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anyone know if Strider has a postgame for cleaning up collectibles?
It's warning me about entering the final area and I want to know if I need to go for the rest of the "collectible" achievements now or not.

The quicklook gave the impression you start over and can't clear

The next few weeks are going to be insane. All of these games releasing around the same time is a dumb idea, right? Wouldn't it make more sense for publishers to put out their game in a time when they aren't competing with 10 other releases (especially when one of them is Titanfall)? I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom