• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firehead

Mass idle no longer works, or it slows the drops down to a halt.

Ah, so one at a time then. That would explain why I wasn't getting any drops after two hours of idling about thirty games. Thanks for the info.

Nice, just checked my card drop info.
543 card drops remaining
140 games with drops remaining
17 games eligible for booster packsWorth Approximately $77.54

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yes sir. Double click the game you want and farm away!

Thanks man :) I have no interest in cheating for achievements or anything, just want the cards :p

How do you see the overall screen telling you number of card drops remaining etc ?

Cth

Opinion time ---

Octodad vs Jazzpunk..if you could only get one, which would you get?

HowLongToBeat has both listed at 2-4 hours length wise.

Nabs

Hero Siege isn't bad. I'm not sure how much I'm going to play of it, but it's cool. It also drops cards really fast.

Opinion time ---

I'd wait for a sale and pick up both. If I had no choice, I'd probably go with Jazzpunk. (I haven't played either game)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Opinion time ---

Personally I say Octodad because it's an experience you simply won't get anywhere else (especially if you try co-op). However if you actually want something you will beat and fully want to beat, Jazzpunk is the better choice because the later portions of Octodad are problematic.

Great games either way though, so you can't really lose no matter which you pick.

Someone else might have mentioned it, but just a reminder that you're still entitled to card drops from games which are temporarily free.

Idling ORION: Dino Horde right now.

0kCq61e.png

Checked in the OP but I didn't see how to find this information.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just found out I can make up to five bucks with 99 Spirits. Thanks Enhanced Steam!

Youre_Welcome.gif

That game's cards are certainly strange - some go for up to $1.20, while others sell for $0.20.

As far as I know, the drop rate of individual cards is the same as any other card. But the game does have 15 different cards, so...

Checked in the OP but I didn't see how to find this information.

Check out Enhanced Steam then browse to the badge progress page in your browser.

Youre_Welcome.gif

That game's cards are certainly strange - some go for up to $1.20, while others sell for $0.20.

As far as I know, the drop rate of individual cards is the same as any other card. But the game does have 15 different cards, so...

I also noticed Foils are selling for less than some of the stock cards. Strange indeed.

Pachimari

Turfster

And my foil for it still hasn't sold.

Also, been checking out Prey some more.
Microsoft's useless GameUX bullshit discovers it fine and gets the cover and whatnot, but after that, it's poof, no more exe.
In other news, I'll bet you guys weren't aware of this awesome Game Explorer feature in Windows 7 that nobody every used =p

JustinBB7

Cth

I'd wait for a sale and pick up both. If I had no choice, I'd probably go with Jazzpunk. (I haven't played either game)

That's my problem :D I see some GAFers selling copies for $10 each. Now if I could just trade/sell my spare copy of Nidhogg so I could get both :D

I'm leaning towards Jazzpunk cause it seemed like AIRPLANE! type humor.

Personally I say Octodad because it's an experience you simply won't get anywhere else (especially if you try co-op). However if you actually want something you will beat and fully want to beat, Jazzpunk is the better choice because the later portions of Octodad are problematic.

Great games either way though, so you can't really lose no matter which you pick.

My daughter's leaning towards Octodad but I could see her possibly getting frustrated at the controls (she tried Brothers and wanted me to play it for her :D) But yeah, co-op is something I hadn't considered. I heard the same thing about the last portions of Octodad and I'll admit I have my threshold before moving onto the rest of the backlog.

Thanks guys for the feedback!

Turfster

I'd get Invisible War, but I doubt that's a steam key.

There's a few that aren't explicitly marked as Steam keys, strangely, yes.
See also: Older Hitmans, all the Thief games except the newest, the older Tomb Raiders and Just Cause.
Another thing: The "all titles A-Z" option does not list everything, because Squenix.

I wonder when the Indiegala Interstellar bundle is going to release it's last game. Less than 24hrs to go and they have extended the time at least once.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Intersteller Marines -- MB-ED08657AA2A1AAC2 - Taken by gabbo. 10 entrants total.
Dust An Elysian Tale -- MB-9C144B1355A0246C - Taken by lordfroakie. 4 entrants total.
Aerena #1 -- MB-3B1A652776FEEF27 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 1 entrants total.
Guacamele -- MB-40DD951FF6191016 - Taken by Coldsun. 3 entrants total.

t1392958378z1.png

Guacamelee seems REALLY short.

I just looked up a walkthrough to see where I was progress wise (in terms of the main story), and I'm over half way through with 2 hours played.

That's fair enough, but I don't feel like I've actually 'done' much. I haven't been exploring much though, so I'm probably playing it wrong in terms of pacing.

I think I've got a fix for the random tearing/stuttering/hyper speed though - turned off V-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel while leaving it on in game. Yay!

GuardsmanGreg

Neo Member
Guacamelee seems REALLY short.

I just looked up a walkthrough to see where I was progress wise (in terms of the main story), and I'm over half way through with 2 hours played.

That's fair enough, but I don't feel like I've actually 'done' much. I haven't been exploring much though, so I'm probably playing it wrong in terms of pacing.

I think I've got a fix for the random tearing/stuttering/hyper speed though - turned off V-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel while leaving it on in game. Yay!

Yeah, Guacamelee! is about Five Hours long if you don't do much of the side quests or go for full completion. It's just long enough to hit the peak in terms of Enjoyment and Longevity in my opinion.

The difficulty curve will hit you like a ton of bricks though, so be ready for that.

Dec

I really like the Midnight Mysteries series. It starts off as more on the hidden object side but as the series progresses it moves into the point-and-click adventure area while still maintaining the hidden object aspects.

Thanks. I asked for some bundle with one Midnight Mysteries, and two other hidden object games but I'm not sure if that will count.

If not I just said whatever Midnight Mysteries game was the support employees favorite, interested to check them out. I only ever played one hidden object game and it was quite relaxing.

Turfster

The totally broken aspect of the steam web pages is yet another hint that maybe you should move off this model for the client, Valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom