• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
Ya. Not enough current sales :p

True, but I was asking because I was playing Saints Row 4 with a friend, and we both got "disconnected" and can't play together anymore. Anytime we try to invite, it'll say "need to be connected online" and then we get signed out of Steam.

doesn't look like anyone is having a problem though so i guess it's just saints row being stupid

also, I have enhanced steam but I'm not seeing an approximate value for my cards. :( steam just hates me right now

Cth

Weird question but..

Is something going on with betas with Steam?

For a second, my copy of Hotline Miami turned into Hotline Miami[beta].. It's since changed back, but now I'm not participating in any betas for any games (even though I'm signed up for some - Chivalry, HL 2, etc)

Has that Beta Code thing always been on the beta tab?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
also, I have enhanced steam but I'm not seeing an approximate value for my cards. :( steam just hates me right now

This was added in the newest version 5.9.

If you're using the Firefox plugin, it hasn't been approved by Mozilla yet. You can, however, download it manually here.

Turfster

Was this a pricing error or is it no longer €5?

Sale's still going, man. I don't know what to tell you.
What part of Europe are you in?

This was added in the newest version 5.9.

If you're using the Firefox plugin, it hasn't been approved by Mozilla yet. You can, however, download it manually here.

Huh. "Enhanced steam could not be installed because Firefox cannot modify the needed file." Killing the addons and extensions json and sqlite files fixed it.

Firehead

Youre_Welcome.gif

That game's cards are certainly strange - some go for up to $1.20, while others sell for $0.20.

As far as I know, the drop rate of individual cards is the same as any other card. But the game does have 15 different cards, so...

Check out Enhanced Steam then browse to the badge progress page in your browser.

Seriously. How has Valve NOT gotten in touch with you at all?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Seriously. How has Valve NOT gotten in touch with you at all?

I've had quite a bit of contact with people from Valve. Unfortunately, none of it has been in reference to their desire to hire me.

Yeah, Guacamelee! is about Five Hours long if you don't do much of the side quests or go for full completion. It's just long enough to hit the peak in terms of Enjoyment and Longevity in my opinion.

The difficulty curve will hit you like a ton of bricks though, so be ready for that.

Weirdly enough, I just had a quick play and thoroughly enjoyed the exploration aspects of the game. Very nice artstyle round some of the environments.

To be honest, I just love the fact I can run round as a chicken!

graywolf323

Awesome. I'll check into it and see what is going on in the Seattle chapter. Thanks for the idea!

It's been a few months since I farmed "all" of my cards, but I've been idling pretty steady for the last 4 days and...

0kCq61e.png

All these bundles - and a lot of these games have cards! At this point, I can't even idle the games as fast as I get them.

my remaining card drops are worth almost $200 apparently according to Enhanced Steam o_O

vg260

Some extra Origin keys I didn't use:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Burnout Paradise -- MB-9D678A07D207B29C
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge Origin Key -- MB-7F82F32A70A8A455

GaussTek

Yay, won Two Brothers from an early giveaway today. Just got home and noticed that I got it. Thanks Lain!

Love the GB style of this game. Will try it asap.

GaussTek

Just don't press Esc.

lol. I was checking out Metacritic and it seems that it wasn't very well received mostly because of the game's "technical issues" (I guess that's one of them haha).

Still worth to try it out, I guess, (and hopefully they've since fixed some of the issues heh)

What would you rate it on a scale from Sonic 3 to Sonic 2006?

It's a pretty solid sonic game.
I'm not a fan of the Sonic Adventure gameplay, but I think it does that well enough if you're familiar with those games (I am not).
As far as the 2D "classic" Sonic levels? They were good.
The worst part of that game was the final boss. Poor design is an understatement.

--

I feel like writing this up, so read it or don't, but I'm going to put this here.

When I was a kid, I remember playing Strider in the arcades. I loved it so much, even if I never really made it far. It was one of those games I dreamed of having at home (another one of these was Altered Beast). I remember finding out there was an NES game called Strider and at first I thought it would be just like the arcade game, with NES graphics. It was not. It was some sort of metroidvania style game staring the same ninja. At first I was angry and disappointed. As a young boy, y'know how much you can hype something up and get excited for it and then it's nothing like you imagined. However, I stuck with the game and it turned out to be a fantastic game. (I remember seeing it got put out on the Genesis as a true arcade port, but I already had a SNES at that point and when I finally did get a Genesis, I noted the game was like $80 cause it had extra RAM in it or something, so I never ended up buying it.)

Fast forward 25 years or so.
I hear there's a new Strider revealed. I spit out my drink and start jumping for joy. Then I see that a developer with a spotty track record has been hired by Capcom to revive the Strider franchise. Doubt sets in. Watching gameplay demonstrations reinforced this doubt to the point where I was going to take a wait and see approach... but then the hype got to me. I saw I could get it for under $10 on GMG and I ponied up the cash. I rushed home after work to boot the game and try it -- I had left my PC on while I was out of the house solely so I could use the remote install feature once the game went live and it would be waiting for me when I got home.

I fired it up and I wasn't really feeling it. I remember feeling this way before, it usually doesn't end well. Final Fantasy X comes to mind. I forced myself to play and play and play saying "it'll open up and get good anytime now." And it never did. At this point, I think I'm pretty close to the end of Strider, based off Uraizen's completion time and the remaining achievements tied to boss encounters. I don't think it's going to get better at this point.

I'll write up my full thoughts on it when I'm done with my first playthrough.

Just saw the new Greenlight titles. How come such shit like Toy Defense can be greenlit? Its one of the worst TDs I have played on my iPad, since most of the missions are hardly beatable without any iAP-Purchase. I wonder if people voted for that because it shows "F2P".

Anyone who played this Game should know its a mobile-game and full of iAPs.

Turfster

Reposting for the European morning crowd:
In 4 hours
Groupees Build a Greenlight 5 bundle
Minimum price: 1$ (4 game minimum)
  • Spice Road
  • Savage: The Shard of Gosen
  • Heroes of a Broken Land
  • Paper Dungeons
  • Magicians & Looters
  • Monster Challenge Circus
  • Trace Vector
  • Drive To Hell

Just saw the new Greenlight titles. How come such shit like Toy Defense can be greenlit? Its one of the worst TDs I have played on my iPad, since most of the missions are hardly beatable without any iAP-Purchase. I wonder if people voted for that because it shows "F2P".

Anyone who played this Game should know its a mobile-game and full of iAPs.

not saying this particular title did it(because I don't know let alone care), but some people on greenlight "bribe" people to vote for them and promise to give them a free key if/when it gets greenlit

killatopak

Gold Member

That bad? What are the things that you dislike about the game?

You know that many people are also fans of FFX right? Their taste may not coincide with yours so it's good to know what aspects of the game you feel that are inadequate so we can compare it to our criteria. Too linear or something?

mannerbot

Reposting for the European morning crowd:
In 4 hours
Groupees Build a Greenlight 5 bundle
Minimum price: 1$ (4 game minimum)
  • Spice Road
  • Savage: The Shard of Gosen
  • Heroes of a Broken Land
  • Paper Dungeons
  • Magicians & Looters
  • Monster Challenge Circus
  • Trace Vector
  • Drive To Hell

I got excited because I thought that was Paper Sorcerer, but Paper Dungeons looks fun too.

StAidan

So, uh, Indie Gala Interstellar is still claiming one more game will be added at some point. With less than 24 hours remaining, what are the chances of this happening? This is my first indiegala purchase, so I'm just wondering if there's a precedent for this sort of thing.

Backlogger

Will Modbot take 2 keys on 1 line? I'm assuming it will, but just wanted to double check with the community

Like:

Syerbia I & II (2 keys will be sent): xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

jediyoshi

Will Modbot take 2 keys on 1 line? I'm assuming it will, but just wanted to double check with the community

Like:

Syerbia I & II (2 keys will be sent): xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Nah. Just do a giveaway for a single key and PM the person who wins the other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom