• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

From the Splinter Cell franchise, only Blacklist is infected with Uplay.

ctrl + f 'uplay' works on the store page, since Ubisoft generally lists that information. I have noticed people are also tagging games with 'Uplay' or 'DRM' if the service is required. Actually a very positive aspect of that system I hadn't realized previously.

Conviction also uses Uplay.

EDIT: Yup.

Tellaerin

50% off ($7.49) for the next week.

On the one hand, I like the art style.

On the other, who seriously lists "trendy and exciting steampunk setting" as a bullet point? (Not that there's anything wrong with steampunk. It's just that explicitly advertising anything as "trendy and exciting" usually means it's neither of those things. >.> )

Pachimari

Bought Splinter Cell: Double Agent and Conviction as I never completed those on Xbox 360. And also bought Rainbow Six 3 (my favorite shooter of all time) and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (looks very interesting and I never played it).

I'll wait with Splinter Cell: Blacklist, and wait for some Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood, Revelations and/or Far Cry 3 and Beyond Good and Evil for this sale.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, GoG Ghost Recon doesn't include the Island Thunder and Desert Seige expansions. :( Y U DO THIS WHEN I DON'T HAVE THE CASH UBI!? I'd double dip on Ghost Recon and get the expansions and maybe Future Soldier. *whine*

Season pass not worth it for GRFS?

Season Pass is all multiplayer IIRC. If you don't care about that (since it's dead/dying?) it's not worth the price.

Grief.exe

Its not letting me add 'DRM' or 'Uplay' tags to Conviction.

Bought Splinter Cell: Double Agent and Conviction as I never completed those on Xbox 360. And also bought Rainbow Six 3 (my favorite shooter of all time) and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (looks very interesting and I never played it).

I'll wait with Splinter Cell: Blacklist, and wait for some Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood, Revelations and/or Far Cry 3 and Beyond Good and Evil for this sale.

I wish we had the Xbox/PS2/GC version of Double Agent on PC.

hohoXD123

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Added "Visual Novels"
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Region Lock Included
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Thanks guys. Really hate that I have to install Uplay along with Steam and Origin.
Wonder if the older Rainbow Six/Ghost Recons are any good to play on my 2nd laptop with an intel hd graphics.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
On the one hand, I like the art style.

On the other, who seriously lists "trendy and exciting steampunk setting" as a bullet point? (Not that there's anything wrong with steampunk. It's just that explicitly advertising anything as "trendy and exciting" usually means it's neither of those things. >.> )

Well, we do live in an age where kb&m support and configurable controls are occasionally used as bullet points. ;)

Pachimari

Its not letting me add 'DRM' or 'Uplay' tags to Conviction.

I wish we had the Xbox/PS2/GC version of Double Agent on PC.

That would be nice too.

Anyway, Rainbow Six 3 - Gold seems to have placed RS3: Athena Sword in my Steam library with an ugly old tiny logo in my Grid view, can I somehow remove it or replace the picture? :(

TheSeks

Thanks guys. Really hate that I have to install Uplay along with Steam and Origin.
Wonder if the older Rainbow Six/Ghost Recons are any good to play on my 2nd laptop with an intel hd graphics.

The OG Ghost Recon and expansions are basically the same as the X-box versions of those. Same for Splinter Cell and Chaos Theory (Double Agent is the "Next Gen"/360 version). If your laptop can support DirectX... 8(?) that the X-box had, you'll be fine.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Uninstall Origin then. I know I would if my bro didn't use my PC to play Battleshit 4 on occasion.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
While I do want those Splinter Cell games on Steam since I've never really played them before for too long, but all these recent bundles tapped me out of anything more than a few left over card sale money.

Future Wars, that almost-Advance Wars like game on the other hand for turn based strategy at 90% off? I can easily do that and still have some pence left over.

Wow, you guys are ripping through these threads, will be making III tonight, so yeah... choose a title for the next thread I guess:

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - ?

GAFFERS Bundle Together

Arthea

That airship in the screens looks a lot like the one from FF6... Onto the wishlist it goes.

It's seems to be a nice game if you are into classical RPGs (more JRPGs, but everybody seems to hate the term lately), I've heard mostly good things about it, not on gaf though, also it's steampunk!
I'm still surprised that they haven't even bothered to add cards, although achievements would have been welcome too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That would be nice too.

Anyway, Rainbow Six 3 - Gold seems to have placed RS3: Athena Sword in my Steam library with an ugly old tiny logo in my Grid view, can I somehow remove it or replace the picture? :(

You can set custom Grid View images, yes. Just right-click the game and select Set Custom Image. There may be one for the game in this thread.

Sober

You guys might as well buy Blacklist (since y'all have Chaos Theory already) since Thief is sounding like it's going to be a disappointment in both the Thief front and stealth front, whereas Blacklist is actually a good stealth game, if not the best in recent years.

edit: wonder why EndWar isn't on sale...

FloatOn

Wow, you guys are ripping through these threads, will be making III tonight, so yeah... choose a title for the next thread I guess:

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - 99 problems and cheap games ain't one

eyeless

aw yiss 75% off future soldier after 75% off 20 dollar amalur a couple days ago be like me kids always wait for 75 off 19.99, 66% off is a god damn joke and so is 70% aw yeeeeeeeah

The OG Ghost Recon and expansions are basically the same as the X-box versions of those. Same for Splinter Cell and Chaos Theory (Double Agent is the "Next Gen"/360 version). If your laptop can support DirectX... 8(?) that the X-box had, you'll be fine.

Yeah it will rune fine i'm not sure if it works with Windows 7 or 8. I've had issues with older games.

TheSeks

You guys might as well buy Blacklist (since y'all have Chaos Theory already) since Thief is sounding like it's going to be a disappointment in both the Thief front and stealth front, whereas Blacklist is actually a good stealth game, if not the best in recent years.

That's not saying much tho.</Derrick>

But yeah, if you have an interest in Blacklist get it for half-off right now if you plan to play it now. It was the surprise of last year in that Ubisoft didn't completely fuck it up like they did Conviction. But the "stealth" needs a little more work in getting where it could be AMAZING.

edit: wonder why EndWar isn't on sale...

Because it's bad and no one wants it, love.

TheSeks

Future Soldier is probably the worst game of 2012. Not worth the 4.99, not by a long shot. You're much better off getting the original.

Eh, the multiplayer beta on PS3 wasn't that bad. It was janking to be sure, but I wouldn't say it was completely awful. Worth checking out for $5, at least. I can't say anything about the singleplayer. Someone gift me it and Ghost Recon/expansions, plz. ;_;

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for KenOD:
You sure you put the lime in the coconut and shake it all together.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Future Wars -- MB-56D86FBAFF186966 - Taken by Purkake4. 7 entrants total.

t1393018906z1.png

Relax.MX

I tried 1 hr of Ghost and oh man..is the same thing... and the worst is that I knew, and I still disappoint..I feel robbed and that it was free(too much GB in my hard drive)

But i guess is good for another hour with a friend in the night...and then install COD4 camping and play it. :)

Dolor

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Bundles to the left of me, bundles to the right of me, and I'm stuck in the middle with Steam

That might be too long.

Blacklist is an excellent video game. Interesting story, I found the gameplay varied and fun, was stealthy enough for me, high production value. Well worth playing.

Backlogger

Bumping my giveaway:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 31 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alien Shooter 2: Conscription -- MB-B72C6104CF5629F1 - Taken by BundysFeet. 1 entrants total.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams #2 -- MB-5F62B6E4514A6E18 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 2 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-C6A922613F405561 - Taken by VikasNarula. 1 entrants total.
Lunar Flight -- MB-A5B902CD86CF72E5 - Taken by kafiend. 6 entrants total.
Zombie Shooter 2 -- MB-3B9256E984EE62E8
Interstellar Marines -- MB-6181C28C218D6D2D - Taken by drakaenae. 9 entrants total.
Dogfight 1942 -- MB-F033833C9424EB7E - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
Universe Sandbox -- MB-CD9AE60E13E82471 - Taken by Saty. 4 entrants total.
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-B6E397A6C1B5469A - Taken by confuziz. 2 entrants total.
PID -- MB-E76EFEBB75C11BA7 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 1 entrants total.
Forge Starter Pack -- MB-D3D4B7F7962DA369 - Taken by Evrain. 1 entrants total.
Amnesia Fortnight 2012 -- MB-95A9D8E1CE1108C1 - Taken by bkw. 2 entrants total.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-A8DAA5999E266E9D - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Rush Bros -- MB-854CBEE842077870 - Taken by Supaidaman. 1 entrants total.
Alien Hallway -- MB-3F62D3BE8280CF81 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 2 entrants total.
IL 2 Sturmovik: 1946 -- MB-B23B46691E7A4E30 - Taken by Madridista. 1 entrants total.
Alient Shooter -- MB-16603238F628722D
1953 KGB Unleashed -- MB-4AD77DD322387899 - Taken by C4rter. 1 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-11794FA9542A8963 - Taken by Purkake4. 6 entrants total.
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded -- MB-9D8CBED527B85BDE
Zombie Shooter -- MB-986E1ADCB2E4CF06 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 1 entrants total.
Hero Siege -- MB-88208BA162F23A6A - Taken by bronson. 7 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-D7EF1E1F2CD02CE9 - Taken by Benedict. 6 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-5B071C67C90CF2B0 - Taken by trailmix16. 14 entrants total.
Syberia I & II (I will PM you 2nd key) -- MB-389BE8ADB7653E68 - Taken by dave is ok. 10 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-C35A2CED1805DA17 - Taken by Santini. 2 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-B4DD816DB84ABCDB - Taken by Shalashaska. 5 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom #2 -- MB-372C97731D824B6C - Taken by Annubis. 2 entrants total.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-486D8A18E3C9781C - Taken by Smurf Yetti. 17 entrants total.
And Yet it Moves -- MB-E7DEF0F98663D47A
Dust: An Elysian Tail #2 -- MB-6504803EDA3616A0 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 1 entrants total.

t1393014495z1.png

Apologize in advance if there are any issues with keys or Humble gift links. PM me if you do and I will attempt to sort it out.

Are any of the things included in the Ghost Recon Future Soldier "deluxe" edition worth the extra $1.25? I'm having a hard time telling -- a lot of it seems like multiplayer stuff like skins, but there's 4 weapons and some maps... are the maps for single player too?

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Rekoil -- MB-5A3AE811BCA15DFC - Taken by Tellaerin
Takedown: Red Sabre -- MB-90ECE1FA2097F197 - Taken by alr1ght

PaulLFC

What's with this trend of putting a game on sale and not bothering to discount the DLC (Shogun 2 today)?

Do publishers not like money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom