• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluth54

As per the game's manual Microsoft owns "portions" of the game so it's not quite a clear-cut situation even though the IP was owned by BHG. Wikipedia says the game uses a proprietary engine but I wouldn't be surprised if the AoE engine were used as a base.

Yeah I imagine whoever bought it is working out a deal with Microsoft to have it released on Steam.

Still it's kinda weird we don't know who bought the Rise of Nations rights.

RoN on Steam would be awesome. In fact, they should offer a Rise of Nations and Rise of Legends bundle. I really miss RTS games like that. All those strategic combat campaign games like CoH are just not for me. I need base building and resource gathering.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
RoN on Steam would be awesome. In fact, they should offer a Rise of Nations and Rise of Legends bundle. I really miss RTS games like that. All those strategic combat campaign games like CoH are just not for me. I need base building and resource gathering.

Yeah, I'm not big on combat-focused RTS games myself either. I'm far more partial to city builders (...like Anno 1404) but I don't mind a mix of the two such as in Age of Empires.

Tagyhag

Yeah, I'm not big on combat-focused RTS games myself either. I'm far more partial to city builders (...like Anno 1404) but I don't mind a mix of the two such as in Age of Empires.

Which is why they need to HDify the first one and Mythology. GET ON IT MS.

Benedict

Too bad I have to pay 21% extra in taxes when buying blinkbundle...
Would buy some more copies for my daughters if not for that...

JaseC

Which is why they need to HDify the first one and Mythology. GET ON IT MS.

I'd love to be wrong, but I have the feeling that we didn't see AoE HD before AoE 2 HD because much of it has been lost to time and 2 was in a far better position to get the HD treatment. As for Mythology, since it uses a D3D renderer already all it really needs is just widescreen resolutions in the options menu and high-res-friendly UI elements.

The problem I have with the AoE series is the unit limit. While it provides another strategic element, sometimes I just want to go all out with my armies, like in C&C. It got really annoying in AoM. But I like both series equally.

We really need more RTS like that again. Is anything in the works?

Deques

http://store.steampowered.com/app/102500/

kingdoms of amalur just got an msrp drop, and ea is now listed as the publisher

will we finally get a sale?

I hope it's getting a sale, and that it will be 75% off. Either way I will buy it

http://www.blinkbundle.com/

Blink Bundle is up.

Minimum ($1.99):
Gnomoria
Sideway New York
Archon Classic
Light of Altair
Bonus Game

($4.99):
Blockland
Eldritch
Lilly Looking Through
Mutant Mudds Deluxe
Influx
Hero of the Kingdom
Bonus Game

Sold!

Lain

Finished Contrast.

Took me 5 hours to complete and, all in all, it was an interesting experience with lots of style but, in retrospect, it felt a lot like style without substance.
The gameplay felt very shaky at times, getting pushed out of the shadow for some weird reason when nothing suggested it should happen, while the story didn't really grip me and actually let me down a bit.

For 3€ it was a good 5 hours, but I wouldn't be happy if I paid more than that.

I'm back from army and checking my emails. Here are some of the duplicate bundle games.
Reposting some of the unclaimed games. I hope this doesn't mess modbots setup. AKA V.7.0
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Inferno -- MB-C705A3805D805D42
Greed Corp -- MB-88A7831C98333AAC
Zeno Clash -- MB-047DFB444001F348
Eets Munchies -- MB-918F6D36313B01F7

JaseC

The problem I have with the AoE series is the unit limit. While it provides another strategic element, sometimes I just want to go all out with my armies, like in C&C. It got really annoying in AoM. But I like both series equally.

We really need more RTS like that again. Is anything in the works?

It's not exactly what you're after, but in Knights & Merchants there's no population limit and you're only hamstrung by the finite nature of some resources. The game is very much based around micromanagement, though, even to the point of needing to occasionally feed your troops, but once your kingdom is more or less complete insofar that resource production is meeting demand you can sit back a bit.

Tizoc

In a few minutes assuming there are no issues.

Edit: Oh, wait, it starts on the 31st, not the 30th. 24 hours, then. ;)

Ooof, well will grab it asap once it's up, thanks.

...and man I hadn't realized we're entering February haha.

Arthea

That Blink Bundle is surely nice, but I had to pay taxes, and these are not small. First Indie gala, now this. Not sure what to think about it. But I'm not happy about it.

Did steam start disallowing you to link screenshots via the url? Trying to load one of my screenshots in a separate tab just downloads it :/

Deques

That Blink Bundle is surely nice, but I had to pay taxes, and these are not small. First Indie gala, now this. Not sure what to think about it. But I'm not happy about it.

We need someone help us get the bundle without the VAT tax applied!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what the fuck I had to pay tax on the bundle lol, and Im in portugal. what a load of horseshit. still got it, but damn

actually didnt have 7 (!) of the games in the bundle, I consider that a huge sucess. And I broke 1.4k too, sigh. Anyway, spares!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sideway New York -- MB-1C74AEB41EB18098 - Taken by Knurek. 2 entrants total.
Mutant Mudds Deluxe -- MB-F946FB59FE9BCBF7 - Taken by Intheflorsh. 6 entrants total.
Eldritch -- MB-6FF30BC69DE057F1 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 9 entrants total.

t1391072931z1.png

JaseC

the community activity is probably low. one of the disadvantage of being a wikisite

The site seemed reliable in the past, at least.

Did steam start disallowing you to link screenshots via the url? Trying to load one of my screenshots in a separate tab just downloads it :/

I can link directly just fine. Here's my most recent Black Flag screenshot, for example, which is currently open in a tab.

Arthea

what the fuck I had to pay tax on the bundle lol, and Im in portugal. what a load of horseshit. still got it, but damn

Your reaction is funny, I have very bad news to your, Protugal is member of EU, at least it was last time I checked (><)

Anyway, that was the third bundle that had a game from my wishlist in it, what's amazing! Paying taxes kinda beats cheapness factor though, because for that money I could have bought second bundle ($1 tier) and still had some cash left!
share unfairness of it! (><)

We need someone help us get the bundle without the VAT tax applied!

Too many of us, I think, for that to work ;)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Your reaction is funny, I have very bad news to your, Protugal is member of EU, at least it was last time I checked (><)

I have never paid tax on any bundle so you cant blame me for being surprised

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

actually didnt have 7 (!) of the games in the bundle, I consider that a huge sucess. And I broke 1.4k too, sigh. Anyway, spares!

Ooo nice giveaway. o:

Only extra game that I already had from the bundle

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Sideway New York -- MB-0D10C66E7CDDD77C - Taken by Saty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom