• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
My dream of a new Bangai-O is that much closer, and on Steam with Steamworks for custom stage sharing would be oh so heavenly no matter which of the styles (Bangai-O and Bangai-O Spirits/Missile Fury had different focuses) it uses.
A Bangai-O on Steam would be glorious.

Milamber

My dream of a new Bangai-O is that much closer, and on Steam with Steamworks for custom stage sharing would be oh so heavenly no matter which of the styles (Bangai-O and Bangai-O Spirits/Missile Fury had different focuses) it uses.

Can we use mp3's to make levels?

Tizoc

Hmm my giveaway should've ended by now, so I'm assuming ModBot is still working on sending the Pms and codes.

Caerith

Ouch.

Seriously though, I'm very conscious of posting too much of something and becoming a "thing". So if I ever do please PM me and I'll try to get better.

Oh and come on guys. I tried Binary Domain again and it sucks.
I, too, worry about becoming a "thing." That's why I avoid both cosmic rays and Antarctic research stations.

But why does Binary Domain suck? Forgive me for wanting a little specificity.

Mechazawa

God, I would love nothing more than for Steam to be the secret key to Treasure having a more consistent output/not having to worry about licensed titles.

Caerith

Primarily for the purpose of comedic timing.
That works.

I think the Witcher sucks. I've read the books, and I want to like it, but, ugh, why did they make it an RPG? It would be a much better game if they stripped out the RPG bits and made it a character action game with dialogue trees.

I'd much rather have Steam be more recognized by Japanese developers.
Yeah, but it's unlikely that Valve would be very accepting of eroge.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has anyone else noticed that if you mouse over Milamber's tag it changes to "Milamber Alert"?

yuraya

To those who have played ballpoint universe. Does the game come to an end as a sidescroller and only becomes a sideshooter? It seems like I am stuck with the sidescrolling and only thing I can do is launch. Or do you have to progress further as shooter before you can advance as scroller?

Woohoo are you still playing vanilla xcom?

I am [well disregarding the character customisation DLC but that doesn't affect the game balance at all].

Never tell me the odds.

That's actually one of the fairer examples. Some games are outright robbery; I really don't get the appeal.

Also, dibs on Eva Marie Saint.

I had some Amazon credit during the winter sale and picked up the EU/EW bundle on Amazon. I heard that EW changes the balance a lot, so I've been playing just vanilla to get the experience, and I'll go into EW sometime later.

Me neither.

That's fair although she was adorable in that film so I can understand the appeal despite her being the wrong species for me.

That's why I'm playing EU to death first before I get EW too. It's more for a sense of personal satisfaction than anything else. If I can get to a point where I feel like I have really got to grips with the game e.g. completed Impossible Ironman without cheating, then I'll move on to EW. I'd like to do that before I add the Slingshot DLC too but we'll see :).

If you had to walk past this monstrosity like I do every morning you might change your mind.

Though I will say this, atmospheric games like XCOM or Dead Space can not be bettered than playing with headphones. Though maybe not too good for the old nerves late at night.

You would think that Bristol could have come up with something better than that! :/ Doesn't do him justice at all.

Not Steam, but on GamersGate I am mighty tempted by Forklift Truck The Simulator: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-FLTS/forklift-truck-the-simulation

Shenmue!

Best part of the game for me. Well, the part I enjoyed the most anyway. Disregarding looking for sailors, obviously, but that goes without saying.

EDIT:

Has anyone else noticed that if you mouse over Milamber's tag it changes to "Milamber Alert"?

:eek:

I didn't know that was ununpossible!

I don't get it though. Amber?

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
(confession time I work for the devs on this one so its entirely possible I might be a touch biased here. So take anything I say about the game with that in mind :))

We're looking for some more beta testers for OMG Zombies, our forthcoming Steam port of OMG HD Zombies (Vita).

OMG HD Zombies itself was an enhanced remake of OMG-Z (PSP) which currently sits in the top 10 PSP games of all time on Metacritic. If you who never experienced the simple joys of zombie-popping first time around, the zombie virus in OMG HD Zombies is the result of a virulent fungus that causes its zombified victims to EXPLODE when attacked. That’s pretty cool in itself, but if any infected matter lands on another zombie then they explode too, causing a chain-reaction tsunami of gore! Wise to this, as a highly trained Riot Cop you’re able to take down hordes of the undead with a single well-placed rifle round.

You can find the games trailer here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsM4bS70tB8

If after reading this and/or watching the trailer you fancy helping us out and getting the game early please contact Laughing Jackal here http://www.laughingjackal.co.uk/contact or message me with your email address and I'll shoot you an email.

Milamber

(confession time I work for the devs on this one so its entirely possible I might be a touch biased here. So take anything I say about the game with that in mind :))

Which slightly raised my spirits only to dash them again when I saw your avatar. I hoped we could convince you guys to get more JRPG's to Steam. Guess you were talking about Laughing Jackal instead.

EDIT: Wait... Any news with Trails?

JaseC

We're looking for some more beta testers for OMG Zombies, our forthcoming Steam port of OMG HD Zombies (Vita).

OMG HD Zombies itself was an enhanced remake of OMG-Z (PSP) which currently sits in the top 10 PSP games of all time on Metacritic. If you who never experienced the simple joys of zombie-popping first time around, the zombie virus in OMG HD Zombies is the result of a virulent fungus that causes its zombified victims to EXPLODE when attacked. That’s pretty cool in itself, but if any infected matter lands on another zombie then they explode too, causing a chain-reaction tsunami of gore! Wise to this, as a highly trained Riot Cop you’re able to take down hordes of the undead with a single well-placed rifle round.

If after reading this and/or watching the trailer you fancy helping us out and getting the game early please contact Laughing Jackal here http://www.laughingjackal.co.uk/contact or message me with your email address and I'll shoot you an email.

I'd like a key but truth be told I probably wouldn't play it (which isn't to speak ill of the game itself, of course).

The_Monk

Hello my good people, just saw there's a new trailer for the Wolf Among Us for the second episode, I believe? I don't want to watch it either way but they said something about the date?

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
Which slightly raised my spirits only to dash them again when I saw your avatar. I hoped we could convince you guys to get more JRPG's to Steam. Guess you were talking about Laughing Jackal instead.

EDIT: Wait... Any news with Trails?

I'm expecting some more JRPG news in the coming months but as for Trails as much as I love the first game we're not involved with the Steam release of that or SC. So I'm afraid you'll have to ask XSEED.

Looking for feedback, or just people to play the game on different machines and find bugs/test stability ?

Both although we're aiming to release in February so there are limits to what we'll be able to change at this point.

Anteater

performance drop is such a buzzkill with pc gaming when they don't pop up until heavy combat happens, then you have to quit the game to tweak that shit

I'm looking at you physx.

Copons

Well, isn't this a little too much?

I mean, come on, the guy posted a screen in good faith. And I bet 90% of us have much worse stuff on our PC (not me: I formatted a couple of days ago, sorry :D ).
So a good laugh and everything, I'm the first to jump on the trolling-pitchfork-wagon, but come on, child abduction puns on a guy who clearly isn't open to this kind of stuff against him?

I mean, come on, the guy posted a screen in good faith. And I bet 90% of us have much worse stuff on our PC (not me: I formatted a couple of days ago, sorry :D ).
So a good laugh and everything, I'm the first to jump on the trolling-pitchfork-wagon, but come on, child abduction puns on a guy who clearly isn't open to this kind of stuff against him?

I completely agree with you but I think it would be better to address such concerns in a PM to a Mod/Admin rather than in a thread Copons. Of all the ways to fall on one's sword I can think of more honourable ways than backseat modding! :)

JaseC

He can PM an admin to have it removed if he so desires.

Milamber

I'm expecting some more JRPG news in the coming months but as for Trails as much as I love the first game we're not involved with the Steam release of that or SC. So I'm afraid you'll have to ask XSEED.
Noted, thanks.

Well, let the mods have their fun. This mishap did not lessen/hinder my experience with this forum at all.

Carpe Fulgur are doing it iirc.
So many people to email.

Yep.

Benedict

I'm very interested. How have the sales been going on Vita?
Have both the versions for PSP and Vita.

On a sidenote, I still think the gamesize is too big for Vita and you should compress some of the graphics, as I understand that is the big memory hoarder. Still one of my favorite games, but have to delete it now and then because of it's file size.
Since memory cards are expensive, people do not only choose this type of games on the price, and value but also size. This is not an issue however on Steam :)

Copons

I completely agree with you but I think it would be better to address such concerns in a PM to a Mod/Admin rather than in a thread Copons. Of all the ways to fall on one's sword I can think of more honourable ways than backseat modding! :)

I'm sorry, I didn't want to take Milamber defense (I guess he's a big guy who can take care of himself), but I was just expressing an opinion. No harm intended!

Jawmuncher

Milamber you mind me asking how you got your tag.
I can basically tell what happened but is the post still up?
You can just PM me if you don't want to post it again.

Was going to make a steam related comment here but eh, I think I deserved a offtopic post for today.

Deques

Was going to make a steam related comment here but eh, I think I deserved a offtopic post for today.

I'd like to know how to get a tag

Milamber

Sure, PMed.

JaseC

I've e-mailed MumboJumbo asking if there are any plans to release SiN Gold on Steam, which just hit GOG... but I can't log in to see my ticket. Hopefully the response is mentioned in the e-mail I'll receive.

I'm sorry, I didn't want to take Milamber defense (I guess he's a big guy who can take care of himself), but I was just expressing an opinion. No harm intended!

Oh, sure, I was just making the point that he's not without recourse if he finds it unsettling.

DocSeuss

Ouch.

Seriously though, I'm very conscious of posting too much of something and becoming a "thing". So if I ever do please PM me and I'll try to get better.

Oh and come on guys. I tried Binary Domain again and it sucks.

Oh and one more for the road:

Rymdkapsel: It looks neat and it is a pretty enjoyable experience as you build up your "space-station" and fend off the attackers. The problem is it is one of those games you'll play once (an hour or so) and never feel the urge to play ever again due to lack of content and repetition. So only pick it up at a very low price (comes out in 6 hours, not sure what they are asking for it http://store.steampowered.com/app/253790/ Probably $2-$2.50 is about right).

The fun in Rymdkapsel is playing it and playing it and playing it and playing it and trying to get better at it and trying new strategies and stuff. Speaking of the mobile version.

Steam version has two maps, not one.

I, too, worry about becoming a "thing." That's why I avoid both cosmic rays and Antarctic research stations.

But why does Binary Domain suck? Forgive me for wanting a little specificity.

Binary Domain is SECRETLY AWESOME disguised behind a really bad opening sequence, some blandish level design, and a bad port relating to menus and stuff. The core gameplay is absolutely brilliant, the ally mechanic is a moderate improvement upon the idea first (first?) seen in Blacksite: Area 51, some of the bosses are a blast... honestly, the game is interesting because it starts out really bad, then just gets progressively better, so by the time you hit an early BIG boss, things just feel awesome. The French Robot makes everything even better.

mannerbot

He took a dumb joke screenshot for attention and for some reason people thought it wasn't intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom