• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for Blockland JaseC!

My time has been consumed by FF XIV so I've been really out on gaf, pretty interesting stuff outside of this thread for sure it seems hehe. Been reading this thread from my phone before sleep though.

topyy

As promised:

I wasn't aware that I didn't already own Archon Classic and Light of Altair, so that was a nice surprise. +3 games for $5 ain't too shabby.

Haha, wow, I had no idea RUSE was so expensive here. If Acti brought back Soldier of Fortune: Payback I'd buy it at the outrageously Aussie Taxed price. :(

thanks,JaseC.

Wow nice bundle, didn't have any apart from:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sideway New York -- MB-704AD790D731F9E0 - Taken by ohblahitsme - Taken by drizzle

Don't go off too quickly if you already have it! :p

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sideway: New York -- MB-704AD790D731F9E0

Khronico

ModBot said:
Instructions for Khronico:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Khronico, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Light of Altair -- MB-B5B0EA38BCE32294 - Taken by Myshkin. 4 entrants total.
Archon Classic -- MB-080AF82B7F438380 - Taken by AbundantChoice. 1 entrants total.
Gnomoria -- MB-EECD6FA10C06A851 - Taken by NotSelf. 6 entrants total.
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-E4C9052CB66F8FB2 - Taken by donny2112. 13 entrants total.
Sideway New York -- MB-F885396A7BB63B60 - Taken by jonno394. 4 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-A309B35A35142DBC - Taken by topyy. 2 entrants total.
Influx -- MB-67DBEE6D31213450 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 2 entrants total.

t1391064742z1.png

Some extras.

Mairu

Inversion/Enslaved Bundle on Amazon on the 31st for 2.49 after coupon?

Yay! Finally something to use the coupons on.

Flunkie

Banned
I have literally zero of those games. I think it's the first time that's ever happened. Great bundle.

fake edit: I lied, I have Gnomororiraoria from Indie Game Stand I think.

Oh man. Thanks for sharing this! I'll get a use out of my coupon finally, too!

Video games.

That seems like a cool bundle, but I already have the majority of what I'd be interested in (except for Lily Looking Through, which will hopefully be in another bundle/discounted by summer).

http://www.blinkbundle.com/

Blink Bundle is up.

Minimum ($1.99):
Gnomoria
Sideway New York
Archon Classic
Light of Altair
Bonus Game

($4.99):
Blockland
Eldritch
Lilly Looking Through
Mutant Mudds Deluxe
Influx
Hero of the Kingdom
Bonus Game

Oh, didn't realize there was this bundle. Bought it and will give now Blockland key away. Added a game too. Great bundle too, everyone get it.

ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for Camel Master:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Blockland -- MB-10A538DA4197F57F - Taken by NotSelf. 2 entrants total.
Two Brothers -- MB-7C3CF52F8F089BA4 - Taken by super-famicom. 1 entrants total.

t1391055787z1.png

I just checked, I still have at least one coupon. Aw yiss.

Mairu

Oh man. Thanks for sharing this! I'll get a use out of my coupon finally, too!

Video games.

That seems like a cool bundle, but I already have the majority of what I'd be interested in (except for Lily Looking Through, which will hopefully be in another bundle/discounted by summer).

I'm kind of tempted to get Naruto for $15 too. It's been a long time since I've played a Naruto game. I don't watch/read it anymore but I had a lot of fun with the series on GCN.

Share the wealth:

ModBot said:
Instructions for corrosivefrost:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Archon Classic -- MB-06F1DDF9786CFFE4 - Taken by Benedict. 6 entrants total.
Sideway -- MB-0F852628067806E3 - Taken by Man Puncher. 7 entrants total.

t1391068430z1.png

Caerith

Is it just me or does F5 no longer refresh the Steam overlay browser?

The client is behaving differently lately. I used to be able to mouse over friend's icons to see names under the "You have X people who play this game" part. Now, nothing pops up.

Same with achievement names/descriptions.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Have you tried turning it off and then turning it on again?

I also tried unplugging the key from the wall to no avail.

The client is behaving differently lately. I used to be able to mouse over friend's icons to see names under the "You have X people who play this game" part. Now, nothing pops up.

Same with achievement names/descriptions.

I can do that just fine. Let's trade!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Picked up Ninja + DLC. I didn't know it's made by the same team as Shank. That was a decent and enjoyable game for what it was.

Turfster

It felt like a more limited version of Minecraft to me personally.

I'm getting very faint Underworld vibes, but Underworld still wins hands down (which is not all that unexpected all hail The master builder Looking Glass, but still sad)

Picked up Ninja + DLC. I didn't know it's made by the same team as Shank. That was a decent and enjoyable game for what it was.

MotN is 96.32 times better than Shank.
It's also the team that made Don't Starve and the upcoming Invisible, Inc. ;)

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I play this one mobile game called Puzzle & Dragons. ...

That's what a whale is.

Oh god, P&D. More like PTSD. I envy people with a bit more self control who are able to play things for free and in moderation, but I did manage to make myself quit for good soon after becoming addicted. Shouldn't have to come to that but it was better than continuing to let myself be psychologically manipulated into paying lots of money for what was essentially Pokemon.

Good game, just not if you share my personality.

and I think Xelios even lost some spots on the top 10

I managed to move up to #286 though

Yeah I dropped from #8 to #9, and Zoey will probably pass me again soon as well. Finding it hard to care lately though; the mood comes and goes, usually coinciding with sales. It's natural for me to fall off when sales aren't going on, then catch up when they are, since there's no way I'm going to pay full price for things all year long to maintain a spot on a spreadsheet.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Mark of the Ninja is way better designed and just all-around more fun than the Shank games.
Good to hear. Shank had great art but the gameplay was ehhh, unremarkable. Ninja's DLC doesn't look that great but for $1, no big deal.

Aaron

I'm getting very faint Underworld vibes, but Underworld still wins hands down (which is not all that unexpected all hail The master builder Looking Glass, but still sad)
I didn't. Maybe because Underworld had so much more going on that there's no comparison. It's amazing how developed and complex it was, considering it was already labeled a 'cassic' around the time Final Fantasy 7 came out.

_hekk05

Banned
I'm back from the crazy cboat/ntkrnl leak thread. SteamGaf is always the safest place to be
except during steam sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom