• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
New thread?

Full STEAM ahead.

4ciCI.gif

"Do you boys know how to shovel coal?"

Kuroyume

Banned
Something

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Starpoint Gemini -- MB-B5CEA44F96C0899F - Taken by wilflare. 4 entrants total.

t1390621990z1.png

Caerith

Soooo, as we're speaking of HDD, here's a good question!

Win7 install says "setup was unable to create a new system partition". It already happened to me once, but I completely forgot what I did.

Btw, I already tried to partition the SSD via diskpart, and to disconnect the HDD from the mobo.
Nothing.
I'm downloading gparted right now, but what the fuck.
It's been a few years since I built my PC, but I don't recall partitioning the SSD. I just installed to it with the HDD unplugged, then added the HDD in later.

if you go in blind, it's pretty tough. it's not ninja gaiden black on master ninja, but still tough.
I only think it's tough if you go in expecting it to be like any other RPG, all holding your hand and stuff. A game like Ninja Gaiden (I haven't played it, but it's basically a Devil May Cry clone, right?) seems like you need a lot of skill to progress, but Dark Souls only needs some skill as long as you play smart (as in, not overextending, paying attention, etc).

The only problem I have with Steam is not all games have Steam Cloud saves :( I forgot to check if Sleeping Dogs had it and wanted to reinstall it to get some achievements. Would suck if I had my HDD crash and the saves were lost from not backing up manually.
I wish Steam would incorporate Game Save Manager. And Nexus Mod Manager. And Durante.

mmitt

I have a weird issue with the steam client for a while now, maybe someone here can help since google didn't really help :)

I have two monitors, when I have the taskbar on the primary monitor, the steam client works like it's supposed to.
but, when I move the taskbar over to the second monitor, I can't maximize the client on that monitor. it just disappears. the only way to get it back is by pressing windows key + cursor down

OS is windows 7 64-bit, the only application running which could interfere with that kind of thing is UltraMon, already tried disabling that with no success

not a big deal but it drives me crazy not knowing whats causing it :( any ideas?

FloatOn

damn guys. I'm experiencing that odd indecisive feeling after beating a couple games.

I know I want to play New Vegas in February but I have no idea what to balance that out with or what to play in the interim...

possible options:

trine 1 + 2
portal 2 single player
legend of grimrock
lego lord of the rings
cave story+
retro city rampage
amnesia: the dark descent

Turfster

damn guys. I'm experiencing that odd indecisive feeling after beating a couple games.

I know I want to play New Vegas in February but I have no idea what to balance that out with or what to play in the interim...

possible options:

trine 1 + 2
portal 2 single player
legend of grimrock
lego lord of the rings
cave story+
retro city rampage

H... Have you never played Portal 2?

Copons

It's not reading your sata stuff correctly.
I had this issue too.
You need to load drivers from disk, then put in your mobo driver disk and load the sata drivers... after that you need to put the windows disc back in and try to partition again.

Something like that... but I can't say it's 100%... it did have juggling driver discs with the win7/win8 install stuff.

Thanks!
This will be super funny, as at the moment I don't have a single working optical unit. :D

damaph

So I bought the Max Payne 3 and LA Noire bundle from Amazon, but LA Noire does not want to run. The launcher opens fine, but when I press launch, nothing happens. I searched the web and tried all the fixes I could find but none of them worked. Did anyone else have this problem and was able to fix it? I'm on windows 8 x64.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

possible options:

trine 1 + 2
portal 2 single player
legend of grimrock
lego lord of the rings
cave story+
retro city rampage

Retro City Rampage + Fallout and/or with cave story seems like a nice combo

Caerith

possible options:

trine 1 + 2
portal 2 single player
legend of grimrock
lego lord of the rings
cave story+
retro city rampage
Lego LOTR has the best achievement in all of Steam, so that's not a bad way to spend the next week.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
A game like Ninja Gaiden (I haven't played it, but it's basically a Devil May Cry clone, right?) seems like you need a lot of skill to progress, but Dark Souls only needs some skill as long as you play smart (as in, not overextending, paying attention, etc).

Nah, wouldn't call it a DMC clone. Much more variety and a bigger move set. Far more difficult. Both great games tho with high skill ceilings. Dark Souls is slow paced but if you don't know what you're doing and not looking at a FAQ you will hit wall after wall just trying to progress. For example it took me forever to realize I had to put on the ring from beating Sif to fight the 4 kings, because I had beat Sif way before Anor Londo.

Also, you should totally play NGB.... its a modern classic.

Thanks!
This will be super funny, as at the moment I don't have a single working optical unit. :D

Nowhere? You can probably download the drivers from your MOBO manufacturer's website and put them on a USB stick.

Retro City Rampage + Fallout and/or with cave story seems like a nice combo

RCR in the same sentence as quality games? What the hell is going on here?

It's been a few years since I built my PC, but I don't recall partitioning the SSD. I just installed to it with the HDD unplugged, then added the HDD in later.

I wish Steam would incorporate Game Save Manager. And Nexus Mod Manager. And Durante.

Even if your SSD isn't partitioned and you use the whole drive for a single purpose, windows still needs to create partitions.

Steam should also incorporate Jshacklez.

ALPHA PROTOCOL KEY
Quote to see:

Please let me know if you took it. I haven't seen anything yet, so I'm reposting it.

Caerith

Nah, wouldn't call it a DMC clone. Much more variety and a bigger move set. Far more difficult. Both great games tho with high skill ceilings. Dark Souls is slow paced but if you don't know what you're doing and not looking at a FAQ you will hit wall after wall just trying to progress. For example it took me forever to realize I had to put on the ring from beating Sif to fight the 4 kings, because I had beat Sif way before Anor Londo.

It only took you that long to figure out how to fight the four kings because you were reading a guide. There's no reason to fight
Sif
except
to get the covenant.

wilflare

Something

thanks Kuroyume for Starpoint Gemini...
I claimed (and later won) it seeing I don't have it.. only to realize I have bought the bundles with it (Groupees/Indie Royale) so here's another chance for everyone

I claimed the code I got from Kuroyume and took the key from my Groupees bundle and put it on modbot!

sorry for this mess up!

ModBot said:
Instructions for wilflare:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Starpoint Gemini -- MB-C553E1CF2EEA15DD - Taken by Volimar. 7 entrants total.

t1390624015z1.png

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
It only took you that long to figure out how to fight the four kings because you were reading a guide. There's no reason to fight
Sif
except
to get the covenant.

Or if you just stumble on that big ass door in the woods like I did without using a guide

Caerith

Or if you just stumble on that big ass door in the woods like I did without using a guide
You killed the only innocent in the entire Dark Souls universe, just because he was there?
You monster :p

Seriously though, that's pretty out of the way if you're doing a blind playthrough and just following the story prompts.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
it's actually a secret key the developers of Loren The Amazon Princess give you if you complain about the removed sex from the steam copy of their game

Volimar

thanks Kuroyume for Starpoint Gemini...
I claimed (and later won) it seeing I don't have it.. only to realize I have bought the bundles with it (Groupees/Indie Royale) so here's another chance for everyone

I claimed the code I got from Kuroyume and took the key from my Groupees bundle and put it on modbot!

sorry for this mess up!

Thanks, I really like these kinds of games.

why am i so terrible at The Banner Saga

WHY

Although I did just finish Chapter 1 so I'm probably still getting used to it. It's great so far! Such a beautiful game, 2014 is off to a great start for Steam.

Grief.exe

Ninja Gaiden Black was the first character action game I had ever played and its amazing.

Tecmo is bringing this Ninja Gaiden Z abomination over to Steam. Hopefully that's the start of a trend.

_hekk05

Banned
Yay won to the moon. Thanks buttonbasher.

Also I just realised that adblock plus completely blocks all aspects of humblebundle. Like you can't even see the game images, can't redeem keys, can't do anything. Only thing unblocked is the timer and the names of the games, along with an empty grey image frame.

I don't remember that happening like yesterday.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm going to buy that game on day one. It's going to be a hidden gem.

Game play looks as smooth as eggs.

I think it helps that I'm looking at this game as Yaiba and not Ninja Gaiden.

I'm betting playing the game on mute will help as well. At least that's my plan when I buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom