• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3n4ud

Extra! Extra!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Diehard Dungeon -- MB-986664AD548B61D2 - Taken by bobnowhere
Highborn -- MB-27402D4A216F83F9 - Taken by Fare Godmace
Major Mayhem -- MB-9A69C4E6BC3FB171 - Taken by Divius
Party of Sin -- MB-52A1DAE1F3E4CF51 - Taken by Sarcasm

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Thanks JaseC for Aerena! Here's the spare key that came with the game

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aerena -- MB-32B948833544170E - Taken by Gianni Merryman

Knurek

I got the other key but after reading up on it.... seems to be a subpar effort which got abandoned by the devs way too early. :/

Actually, last user review on Steam mentions the game being patched and good to go.
Certainly, it's not Torchlight/Path of Exile, but still should be fun for a few hours.

Tizoc

Could someone please explain Playfire Rewards to me?

It says my balance is £0.60, but that I've earned £4.10 to date. There's a load of achievement notifications to various sums (£0.50, £0.10), but none of that has shown up as GMG credit.

Usually your playfire profile shows the total GMG credit you have accumulated to date.
When you go to GMG, it'll show you both GMG Credit and the total price of all the tradable games you own on GMG.

Nabs

Could someone please explain Playfire Rewards to me?

It says my balance is £0.60, but that I've earned £4.10 to date. There's a load of achievement notifications to various sums (£0.50, £0.10), but none of that has shown up as GMG credit.

I had to wait a few hours for the credit to transfer over.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Cheers, JaseC. Only game I wanted from the bundle.
Thank you once again!
Thanks JaseC!
Thanks for Face Noir :).
Thanks for the evil army
thanks for Sparkle 2 Evo.
Thanks for Sparkle.

No worries. :)

It's only 2 bucks a pop. He buys 'em because he loves us.

Yeah, the difference between the early bird price and the Happy Hour price is rather small so I just buy two right away to avoid the possibility of missing out on HH later down the track.

ha ha, from that day i'm extra careful and avoid participating in giveaway.
but this time couldn't resist and blindly went for GOTY contents *lara <3 *

oh. well in that case.

tumblr_n08pil5HdH1rd1qi0o1_500.gif

aku:jiki

I think this is my first bundle purchase where I don't want a single game.

Guys, I think I have a problem.

Thanks for Major Mayhem, seems like it could be some fun :D
It is kinda fun in a shallow way. Too bad the achievements are straight-up stupid or I would've enjoyed completing them. (I beat the campaign, set gold medal scores in all other modes and grinded through all the "accomplishments" and I still haven't killed 10k enemies... Yet there's one for 50k kills! 50!)

r3n4ud

Extra key
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-9904099FF2455231 - Taken by bobnowhere. 7 entrants total.

t1396270030z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Aerena -- MB-B5B4F7F6CFB66C40 - Taken by nature boy
Sparkle 2 EVO -- MB-9F14B5293735FAB2 - Taken by alr1ght

nampad

So is there any good tutorial on this Playfire stuff I have been reading about?
I just signed up for a Playfire account although I already had a GMG account, was that my first mistake? Can't seem to find an option to link both accounts even though I use the same username and email address. Already linked my Steam account to it but now I need to know how I can earn the rewards.

More stuff! If you win Aerena you will likely get a second copy as a steam gift, you know what to do with it, feed modbot!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Iesabel -- MB-2D85D129E3782937 - Taken by Evrain
Aerena -- MB-C4F61D714707C53B - Taken by Nabs

Copied the Cardinal Quest key into desura and there was a message from "The Body Changer" devs asking if I had played the game and if I could vote for it on greenlight as I had bought it in BM11.

Evrain

oh. well in that case.

tumblr_n08pil5HdH1rd1qi0o1_500.gif
Nathan Fillon pre-Castle?

More stuff! If you win Aerena you will likely get a second copy as a steam gift, you know what to do with it, feed modbot!

Copied the Cardinal Quest key into desura and there was a message from "The Body Changer" devs asking if I had played the game and if I could vote for it on greenlight as I had bought it in BM11.
Thanks for Iesabel!

radMonkey

So is there any good tutorial on this Playfire stuff I have been reading about?
I just signed up for a Playfire account although I already had a GMG account, was that my first mistake? Can't seem to find an option to link both accounts even though I use the same username and email address. Already linked my Steam account to it but now I need to know how I can earn the rewards.

Yup, you just need to sign in with your GMG account rather than register again. If you've already linked your Steam account, just contact Customer Support who will allow you to unlink it and relink it to your GMG account. Bit of a pain, I know, but that's the only option right now.

Once you've done that just check the blog for the latest available reward criteria, beat a challenge, and you should get the credit in your GMG account within 12-24 hours. Read this KB article for more information. https://playfire.zendesk.com/entries/41226247-Playfire-Rewards-FAQ

Oh hi there! Wanna thank the playfire reward service for the cash rewards I got recently, I'm kinda tight on my budget for this month, so these rewards are going to a game I'm looking forward to =)
Grabbing GOAT Simulator still though for lulz and to fund for the Tex Murphy pre-order assuming GMG's having it.

Thanks for the support. We're hopeful about the possibility of having Goat Sim - but I personally don't deal with much on the store side of the business. I'll find out and keep you posted :)

Jawmuncher

Heads Up to anyone wanting to play Summoner.

If the setup isn't picking up your GFX card download nglide and you'll be good to go.
Just had to do it myself.

nampad

Yup, you just need to sign in with your GMG account rather than register again. If you've already linked your Steam account, just contact Customer Support who will allow you to unlink it and relink it to your GMG account. Bit of a pain, I know, but that's the only option right now.

Once you've done that just check the blog for the latest available reward criteria, beat a challenge, and you should get the credit in your GMG account within 12-24 hours. Read this KB article for more information. https://playfire.zendesk.com/entries/41226247-Playfire-Rewards-FAQ

Thanks for the support. We're hopeful about the possibility of having Goat Sim - but I personally don't deal with much on the store side of the business. I'll find out and keep you posted :)

So registering again on Playfire and linking my Steam account to it was a big mistake? :(
I used the same details on both Playfire and GMG, how am I suppose to log in on Playfire using my GMG details now?

Acccent

About my AC4 problem, apparently it's because I pressed pause too early after syncing (so it was only partially saved)... can also happen if you die or are in a mission :|

So, if you're playing AC4 and have completion OCD, make sure to only ever sync viewpoints when the game isn't doing anything else, and wait until you're 100% sure it's been saved before pausing/opening the map etc.

edit: right now I have an issue where the main mission icon doesn't show anywhere anymore. I thought the reports of this series' bugs had been greatly exaggerated...

Jawmuncher

So registering again on Playfire and linking my Steam account to it was a big mistake? :(
I used the same details on both Playfire and GMG, how am I suppose to log in on Playfire using my GMG details now?

Thats what I did last night.

Jawmuncher

About my AC4 problem, apparently it's because I pressed pause too early after syncing (so it was only partially saved)... can also happen if you die or are in a mission :|

So, if you're playing AC4 and have completion OCD, make sure to only ever sync viewpoints when the game isn't doing anything else, and wait until you're 100% sure it's been saved before pausing/opening the map etc.

Uplay is such a mess I really think im better with sticking to not as good console versions.

nampad

Thats what I did last night.

Apparently even though I signed up twice they still work as one account because I used exactly the same details on both. Changing my password on GMG changes it on Playfire and vice versa.

At least, I hope everything is set up correctly because it looks like it is. They should add some message on the Playfire registration if people use the same email address and/or username from their GMG account.

Jawmuncher

Apparently even though I signed up twice they still work as one account because I used exactly the same details on both. Changing my password on GMG changes it on Playfire and vice versa.

At least, I hope everything is set up correctly because it looks like it is. They should add some message on the Playfire registration if people use the same email address and/or username from their GMG account.

If it didn't ask for anything you should be good. Could always go the extra route and contact CS to confirm. But yes there should be a confirmation somewhere.

It will hopefully italicize just fine though.

You got me pretty good with that one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Lesabel -- MB-AACEC25F6F14B3F1 - Taken by cardinalmind
Aerena -- MB-D4F606CC188CE609 - Taken by TuckingFypo
Sparkle 2 Evo -- MB-1C64F426D139A6F0 - Taken by Evrain

Acccent

Did you try re-synchronising the viewpoint?

yup, several times. but it's a known issue actually, the ubisoft forums are full of posts highlighting this problem.
Luckily I don't care about the % the game shows, and as long as I know I did it it's fine... But I can imagine the frustration of someone seeking trophies or w/e and stumbling upon this bug after reaching 90%+
ibhCZOcpf7wEPo.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol just realised the game is called Iesabel not Lesabel

radMonkey

You've got two choices. You can just sign into Playfire with your GMG account and set up a new profile (which will require you to relink your Steam account via Customer Support) or as Jawmuncher suggested, you can log into GMG with the Playfire details you set up, although this will create a new GMG account in the process.

Bit messy, granted. Our tech team are building a tool to help clean up situations like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom