• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Tomb Raider GOTY Edition Giveaway Part 2

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider Game of the Year Edition -- MB-12EB194F23D645CC - Taken by EmergentFocus. 14 entrants total.

t1396251668z1.png

Thanks to Dupy i won TR GOTY and this Standard edition for my fellow gaffers, who missed :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider -- MB-A46F5F903E121731 - Taken by Alduin. 23 entrants total.

t1396261703z1.png

This may not be my place to say but come on bro, you entered even though you already have the game? Give someone else a chance to play it!

(Not bitter because I don't want to play TR, just don't think that's cool.)

I participate for extra content only, opened new TR giveaway :)

Knurek

I still do not get what problems people have with ATI.
my 7850 has always worked like a charm since more than one year.

Have you managed to enable shadows in Prototype? Or how is your performance in The Saboteur?

I can't really complain much about my 6770 (other than the fact that XFX botch the heatsink design, and I'm getting 55 Celsius when idle), but there are some well known games that don't work well for Team Red.

Miguel81

Have you managed to enable shadows in Prototype? Or how is your performance in The Saboteur?

I can't really complain much about my 6770 (other than the fact that XFX botch the heatsink design, and I'm getting 55 Celsius when idle), but there are some well known games that don't work well for Team Red.

Is it really that bad with AMD cards? I was gonna get that game, and I have a 7950.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Interesting, it says I should have incidentally earned £1.50 but it only credits me the £0.50 for linking my steam account.
Logging into GMG once in a while should help. If you didn't do that already. :)

Experiencing some issues with Playfire myself. After regestering and linking my steamaccount a week ago, it said every game I own I've played in 1970 and i've earned zero achievements.
I have to boot up every game i've earned achievements in for it to synchronize properly.
Customer Support isn't fast either.
Not that i'm complaining, already got a buck to spend on Dark Souls II. :p

In other news; Just "finished" Escape Goat 2. Still got atleast fourty puzzles to solve but the main path is clear and Sir Goat can leave the castle. Brilliant puzzle game, glad I bought it. Great price as well. This will surely end high on my favorites from 2014 list at the end of the year.
I often get to a point in these kind off puzzle-platformers where I get way too frustrated, quit and never look back. Escape Goat 2 didn't do that. It certainly has a whole lot of challenging puzzles, but hey almost never feel cheap or unfair. Fun stuff. :)

Tomb Raider GOTY Edition Giveaway Part 2

Good grief, I just realised that I won this! Thank you so much, Dupy. Funnily enough, I spent quite some time agonizing over whether to buy this yesterday but decided in the end to be virtuous and forego it. So this is a real treat. Thanks again!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
It's no Tomb Raider, but I hope someone can have fun with this surprisingly good Tower Defence title.

ModBot said:
Instructions for KenOD:

Don't invite ModBot 3 to Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball next time, he's a poor sport.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Super Sanctum TD -- MB-1626AB269F25E15C - Taken by Maxwood. 3 entrants total.

t1396264854z1.png

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I still haven't been able to make any AA happen in Witcher 2 with my ATI cards. I have tried everything. It is completely AA resistant.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

neoanarch

I'm too lazy to send Greenmangaming an email about some uncredited achievements. I've only been able to get credit from things I do while they are open and not past unlocks. Probably as intended but I can't find anything to confirm.

I also just bought the Dungeon Siege pack. I'm gonna try and play them in order.

Arthea

It's going to be a giveaway featuring crappy games masked as mystery games, isn't it? ;)

not going to spill it before time, nope! (><)

also as steam support failed me, do you have any ideas, what to do about my steam problem? Any suggestions are welcome, at this point.

aku:jiki

Oh, I totally forgot, but Indie Gala is doing a weekly bundle now aren't they? Here's hoping there's less waifu and plot content in today's bundle.

Arthea

Try directly emailing Gabe.

tempting idea, yes (><)

dont_believe_you.gif

You're going to have to refresh my memory. ;)

ihEN2uJbG9XmI.png

I can't buy anything from the steam store, I tried from a client and browser on 2 different PCs, with different OS-es, from different IPs, I get the same error message, "the was an error with your transaction, try again". Paying method doesn't matter too, the same message, every time.

Oh, I totally forgot, but Indie Gala is doing a weekly bundle now aren't they? Here's hoping there's less waifu and plot content in today's bundle.

c'mon, that doesn't make sense! how can it be even less waifu?

aku:jiki

c'mon, that doesn't make sense! how can it be even less waifu?
I have the flu right now so maybe I'm being slow and not getting the joke but last week had Vanguard Princess and Go! Go! Nippon! Japan! Waifus!

(Okay, I admit, VP is kinda badass. Amazing sprite work.)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can't buy anything from the steam store, I tried from a client and browser on 2 different PCs, with different OS-es, from different IPs, I get the same error message, "the was an error with your transaction, try again". Paying method doesn't matter too, the same message, every time.

Ah. I've encountered that myself from time to time, but time always fixed it.

wilflare

hmm is anyone using some Stream service to stream your steam games to your Android/nVidia SHIELD etc?

did anyone use Kainy? I'm trying to get it to launch Big Picture mode whenever I have a game on.. but gahh it's not working...

I would love to use Limelight instead... but I have a AMD GPU

radMonkey

Hey folks,

Sorry for the lack of replies. I turned off all comms for some R&R this weekend.

Some updates about Playfire Rewards:

• The backlog queue for the rewards that failed during 16th-27th has now completed. Judging by the comments a lot of you have correctly got your missed rewards, which is ace! If you haven't, as always can you follow the instructions on our KB and contact our Customer Support if necessary. https://playfire.zendesk.com/entries/41862466-What-should-I-do-if-I-haven-t-got-my-Playfire-Rewards-
  • If you've got your rewards on Playfire but they haven't deposited into your GMG account. Try logging into GMG (this will mark you as active) and then wait the standard 12-24 hours for it to deposit. This isn't ideal, so I'm talking with tech about some different solutions.
  • If you haven't got any rewards for the Healing Live special over the weekend, that's because I haven't added them to the system - my bad. It was a bit last minute so I'll add them this morning and you should get them in the next few days. I'll of course backdate them to Saturday 00:00 UTC.
  • For new indie releases, sometimes there's a delay of a day or so before they're on the blog. When this happens we do still backdate the rewards to the release day for anyone that picked it up straight away.
Any questions, let me know.

Nah I'm just askin in general if GMG added any new deals.
Come on Playfire, tell me you got cash rewards for GOAT Simulator!

Goat Simulator fan right here, so expect something. :)

Ben

Arthea

Did you contact support yet? You've had this for like a week, haven't you? I had it but it was gone in like 12 hours. Sounds more like your account has been restricted.

ya, I contacted support, they suggested I do what I already did, so it didn't help, not that I thought it would (><)

Half an hour so, perhaps longer during busy periods.

then my problem is different, I have suspicion it's an account related problem, and I pointed that out to Valve, but they didn't read what I wrote, obviously.

Acccent

I was wondering, after reading a post on the previous page... what's your philosophy about acquiring new games on Steam? I mean, obviously everyone buys games they want to play, when they reach a price that they deem low enough in relation to their impatience. But what about games that you don't really want to play, or wouldn't mind playing but can wait indefinitely for?

At what price do you think it's fine to get these games?
And do you get them primarily to have them in your collection (at which point you're playing the Steam game, which is fine by me), or because you want to support the devs by a tiny amount (better than nothing) - or maybe because you want to have them in case you find yourself wanting to play them in the future?
Or do you simply try not impulse-buying anything at all, and only get what you're at least somewhat interested in? (That's what I do, but even then I know that I'll only ever play 10-20% of my Steam games...)

--

Also, unrelatedly, could someone explain the thread title, which I just realized didn't know the meaning of
irQbimzVk8oAk.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
then my problem is different, I have suspicion it's an account related problem, and I pointed that out to Valve, but they didn't read what I wrote, obviously.

Classic Valve!

Also, unrelatedly, could someone explain the thread title, which I just realized didn't know the meaning of
irQbimzVk8oAk.png

Steam's scheduled maintenance day is Tuesday but there has been a lot of server instability over the past couple of weeks or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom