• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a place I can suggest things to Steam?

I was just thinking that when you level up your profile, you could "expand" a showcase instead of using another showcase. Example, on Achievement Showcase, I'd like to add another row of achievements to show off. Same for the Game Collector showcase, etc. Mainly I thought of thus when I couldn't find a new showcase too add that I cared about.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/10/828934089572067933/

Jawmuncher

I was just thinking that when you level up your profile, you could "expand" a showcase instead of using another showcase. Example, on Achievement Showcase, I'd like to add another row of achievements to show off. Same for the Game Collector showcase, etc. Mainly I thought of thus when I couldn't find a new showcase too add that I cared about.

Tell jshackles and when they finally hire him he might be able to get around to it.

MUnited83

For you.
Just noticed im no longer a junior. I thought that it would take a bit of time longer than it did. Oh well, celebratory giveaway will be made later!

Zeknurn

I won Vanguard Princess but since no one wants to trade it for RAGE I'm giving it away to the first person to quote this post.

Thank you Dusk Golem for the fun giveaway.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

It's a good idea. Hopefully some day Valve will see fit to let me pursue projects like this.

Grief.exe

I never thought I would see this sentence.

djEABBs.png

I don't know what to say about developers who put quotes from Touch Arcade or Mobile Tactics in their Steam page's "Review" section.

You're basically telling me that 1) your game is an iOS port, and 2) I should ignore whatever it says in the Review section because those sites wouldn't know what makes a good PC game if it went and hit them square in the face.

(I do intend to get Kingdom Rush at some point though, as that's more of a roundabout Kongregate port, and Salsa and jshackles vouch for it)

edit: Also, those rounded-square cartoony game icons also scream iOS port.
You're talking about Bardbarian? Yeah, that was probably a mistake on the dev's part. Here's the list of PC additions and improvements

3 Exclusive units, redone ui, full controller support, proper steam achievements/cards/leaderboards, added camera controls, rebalanced for controller difficulty, removed all IAP. While this may not seem like much, it helps push this game to what we imagined it to be. This game was meant for controller and as our first game I regret not targetting steam outright.

That being said, if you prefer mobile, play on there, if you want a pc game experience play on here, in my eyes this is the superior version but thats entirely up to you to decide.

Secondly, depending on how well our steam launch goes, we have local multiplayer, more content/characters, sandbox mode and workshop integration as hopeful/potential updates.

Oh, and you shouldn't make generalizations, especially since I know some reviewers on those sites who also review PC games elsewhere and play PC games. For example, Chris Priestman at Pocket Gamer was IndieStatik's Editor-In-Chief.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fashionably late:

After a tragic accident, neurobiologist Dr. David Styles has become a recluse, rarely leaving his home, the Dread Hill House. One day, Samantha Everett, a street magician, appears at Dr. Style's doorstep just as he is seeking a new assistant.

20% off ($7.99) for the next week.

HoosTrax

You're talking about Bardbarian?
I actually don't recall which specific game raised my ire. It's more of a trend I've noticed for a while now, dating back to the start of Greenlight, where you'd see developers put their games up with obvious iOS-style icons, and quotes about some such mobile site raving about their game.

That, combined with a bunch of repetitive mobile ports built around IAP-based balancing that I've gotten from bundles recently -- sort of set me off.

Turfster

Humble PC and Android 9 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror
  • Bridge Constructor
  • Type Rider
  • Ravensword:Shadowlands
TIER 2: BTA (started at $6.4, now $4.8)
  • Kingdom Rush
  • Knights of Pen & Paper +1

HoosTrax

Woohoo, Kingdom Rush get

edit: erm I mean, "yay, I'm getting Kingdom Rush", not "GAF'er with cat as avatar, go and buy Humble Bundle asap"

Deponia
ModBot said:
Instructions for nightstorm:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deponia -- MB-45C8199A7566C3A6 - Taken by Sub Zero

derExperte

Type: Rider is good with some clever levels based on typography and fonts.

Hm, interested in Kingdom Rush and I only have Broken Sword part 1. Let's see how low the average will go.

dot

Humble PC and Android 9 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror
  • Bridge Constructor
  • Type Rider
  • Ravensword:Shadowlands
TIER 2: BTA (started at $6.4, now $4.8)
  • Kingdom Rush
  • Knights of Pen & Paper +1

Not really interested in any of these games, so i'm passing on this. A little disappointed.. Hopefully the next one is better..

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
These last few Humble Bundles have been underwhelming. At least we have Bundlestars and the occasional good Humble Weekly

Many Thanks! Was looking to get into the Deponia games, this is the perfect chance.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If it's any consolation, I believe it's just a matter of time.

I tend to agree. To the point that I've started looking at real estate in the Seattle area.

So, in Goat Simulator
you can sacrifice people. If you sacrifice five people, you become a demon goat and fly around like a mad goat when you jump. I've been spinning in the air for minutes and can't stop lol.

I'm not sure if this is something that would need to be tagged but I did so anyway.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i love bs2, so i'm down to own the steam version

shame gray matter isn't on mac... may still pick it up, as i've heard good things about it

Tizoc

I don't need these so have at it GAF.
ModBot 3 said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Offspring Fling -- MB-1F1D6D47FB6D8F76
Magical Diary -- MB-81D5DCA626138264
NEO Scavenger -- MB-97FD4FEABB4B0EED - Taken by 73V3N

t1396461958z1.png

r3n4ud

Enjoy!
ModBot said:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-A69996727A1A1995 - Taken by Kiru
Bridge Constructor -- MB-1C0E3F7B24AD36E4 - Taken by More_Badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom