• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not sure how I feel about all the Goat Simulator bandwagging going on... it is what it is I guess

Hanzou

Ahhh sure, I'll answer.

Dice Roll 1 was Finding Teddy
Dice Roll 2 was Final Exam
Dice Roll 3 was Daylight
Dice Roll 4 was Takedown: Red Sabre
Dice Roll 5 was Resident Evil 4
Dice Roll 6 was Vanguard Princess
Haha like most people I was shooting for re4 bit I actually guess right and won the raffle. Thanks a lot dusk. Just started playing re5 and it feels terrible compares to 4. Looking forward to replaying 4 for the first time in years.

Evrain

Thanks for storm in a teacup, nampad!
Also, about MGS, is it confirmed? I know Kojima-san was eager to bring the saga to PC, but a concurrent release of the MGSV games would be pure bliss, and a sign that even japanese developers are recognizing the role of the PC market... and of Steam.

aku:jiki

Wait, the Shannon Tweed game is a Plants vs Zombies clone? That game is the most random thing I've seen all year and I must have it.

nampad

The last winner already had this game so here is your second chance of winning it:

ModBot said:
Instructions for nampad:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

A New Beginning Final Cut -- MB-B0EA708796C08F0F - Taken by tylergregg. 3 entrants total.

t1396384063z1.png

Thanks for storm in a teacup, nampad!

You are welcome.

_hekk05

Banned
I totally tried the GMG code multiple times to see if I really get random discounts. Nope only 22%

Edit: I have exactly 49 cents in my steam wallet... Bad rats?

MUnited83

For you.
22% right now.

He, I thought it was kinda obvious that they were preparing for one of those 'ah fuck it, it's so cheap' sales when they lowered the base price.
Wait, the discount changes. I thought tha once you used it, the percntage for your account was locked. Now I regret getting typing of the dead with 10%off...

Tizoc

GMG's discount code seems to give 22% as the lowest value atm.
Had it been 25 or 30%, I could've gotten Moebius practically for free with my GMG credit =P

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
so is self publishing live on steam?

Nah, that's going to replace Greenlight entirely. Strategy First just uploaded a few more things from its catalogue of odds and ends it publishes elsewhere but in the case of Infected didn't employ due diligence.

HoosTrax

I don't know what to say about developers who put quotes from Touch Arcade or Mobile Tactics in their Steam page's "Review" section.

You're basically telling me that 1) your game is an iOS port, and 2) I should ignore whatever it says in the Review section because those sites wouldn't know what makes a good PC game if it went and hit them square in the face.

(I do intend to get Kingdom Rush at some point though, as that's more of a roundabout Kongregate port, and Salsa and jshackles vouch for it)

edit: Also, those rounded-square cartoony game icons also scream iOS port.

aku:jiki

No? People just saw a video with a goat doing retarded stuff and people said make it a game. Dev said: "Okay."
CoffeeStain are quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Have they said what their actual next project is, or is there an indication that it's what GoatSim is a prototype for?

Kinda hope it's not Sanctum 3 even though I love the series.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Totally buying Goat Simulator on GMG with the new voucher tonight.

Oh, and I started replaying the first season of Sam & Max two days ago, after getting to episode 6 on Wii and stopping there due to getting stuck (I didn't want to read a guide, because I had already done so once in the previous episode). The jokes are still as funny as the first time, and I was laughing a lot during ep. 1 (I'm currently on ep. 2). If someone has this on their library and hasn't played it yet, I recommend giving it a try.

I don't know what to say about developers who put quotes from Touch Arcade or Mobile Tactics in their Steam page's "Review" section.

You're basically telling me that 1) your game is an iOS port, and 2) I should ignore whatever it says in the Review section because those sites wouldn't know what makes a good PC game if it went and hit them square in the face.

(I do intend to get Kingdom Rush at some point though, as that's more of a roundabout Kongregate port, and Salsa and jshackles vouch for it)

edit: Also, those rounded-square cartoony game icons also scream iOS port.

Pocket Tactics is a safe bet for reviews, as they tend to gravitate toward the more meaty iOS games or the more inventive/innovative ones, with a heavy pull toward the strategy genre.

Jawmuncher

CoffeeStain are quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Have they said what their actual next project is, or is there an indication that it's what GoatSim is a prototype for?

Kinda hope it's not Sanctum 3 even though I love the series.

Goatum

It's Sanctum but you play as a goat.
All of my money.

Is there a place I can suggest things to Steam?

I was just thinking that when you level up your profile, you could "expand" a showcase instead of using another showcase. Example, on Achievement Showcase, I'd like to add another row of achievements to show off. Same for the Game Collector showcase, etc. Mainly I thought of thus when I couldn't find a new showcase too add that I cared about.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Tempted to buy Goat Simulator just as a vote telling the developer to stop making Sanctum games.

Levyne

Banned
Is there a place I can suggest things to Steam?

I was just thinking that when you level up your profile, you could "expand" a showcase instead of using another showcase. Example, on Achievement Showcase, I'd like to add another row of achievements to show off. Same for the Game Collector showcase, etc. Mainly I thought of thus when I couldn't find a new showcase too add that I cared about.

If only jshackles was that guy. Hopefully he could be soon.

Is Blackgate any good? Anyone here play it before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom