• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorntoPlay

Now 20-sided die, and this time I won't say what the games are, but when you receive the key, the name will be included. And the order below will be an absolute mess. Have fun~

Totally ready for a lot of people to win games they don't want.

hahaha i won Interstellar Marines but i already have it... thanks anyway =D

Modbot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Interstellar Marines -- MB-CABEC05A67811CDD - Taken by nature boy

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
As a heads-up, for whoever won the two Worms games, apparently those two keys were used, which is a shame and said they were unreedeemed, my fault on that one.

Of course to all, have one more grab in the grab-bag to go. All good things come in threes.

As a heads-up, for whoever won the two Worms games, apparently those two keys were used, which is a shame and said they were unreedeemed, my fault on that one.

Of course to all, have one more grab in the grab-bag to go. All good things come in threes.

I won worms pinball and the key's been use; it's no biggie since i've never been much of a pinball wizard.

nampad

Another question. I do have to sign up again on that Zendesk site to get to the Playfire support? It won't let me log in using my GMG or Playfire details and password recovery doesn't send any mail.

BTW, Playfire worked. Bought Goat Simulator on GMG because of it instead of waiting for a bundle release or sale.

LPLTHA-IK05YA-J2WO1V

Thank you.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Help Shannon Tweed-Simmons end the groupie invasion, before they get their hands on her man!

15% off ($4.24) for the next week.

Urban myths are stories that may or may not have been believed to be true. Unlike most, some are actually based on real events. One of them, takes place in a haunted forest, near a cemetery, on the borders of a city, near you.

15% off ($1.69) for the next week.

Nabs

ss_f6629b1cfec31de45d98567c0c7910344e2a364c.1920x1080.jpg

radMonkey

So you cant unlock the play for the 1st time if you've played the game before :(

Its probably to incourage buying on the day i suppose

Yup, so we tend to offer rewards for all the achievements for big releases. So for South Park that was for about the first two weeks of release. We then try to tie in rewards to any sales, so there's something people new to the game, but it won't be the entire list. Lastly we're trying weekly head-to-heads where we pick two well established games and let the users decide which game has rewards - this is to get encourage and reward people playing games they've bought but haven't got around to playing.

Unfortunately giving rewards retroactively isn't a viable business model. You might miss out on a reward if you don't get a game at new release, but the same could be said for missing out on pre-order bonuses. Hope that makes sense.

didamangi

Already have OFDP, so re-rolled again. Give your thanks to Dusk Golem :)

ModBot said:
Dusk Golem is giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

One Finger Death Punch -- MB-3F8BA14947C7E9CA - Taken by DJ Crimson. 12 entrants total.

t1396372452z1.png

They've been talking about reworking the front page for a while now wonder how that's coming along, or if it's going to be more with tags just weighting what comes up on the front page.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Real Horror Stories? I swear I played that free on Desura, but I guess the question is what the Ultimate Edition adds then. Apparently new puzzles/levels/scares/ending.

Okay, so a quick opinion on the original game.

header_292x136.jpg

Anyone here played The House? The flash point'n'click game? This game is basically that game (think made by the same people?), it has some pretty good creepy graphics, but gameplay-wise all you do is try to locate what to click on, and then start clicking on it to make things happens. Jump scares happen, a few atmosphere things, and there's an occasional puzzle. Wasn't bad, wasn't great, I'd put it in okay territory. The graphics look nice. Audio I recognized all from free-to-use audio sites.

Nabs

12 minutes ago: Added store name – Infected: The Twin Vaccine
2 minutes ago: Removed store name – Infected: The Twin Vaccine

JaseC is a beast.

JaseC

does this stay in your library? or is it an inventory item for future use? The grey/black market is so interesting

I didn't have time to pick up spares. It lasted only 10 minutes:

2 minutes ago Removed store name – Infected: The Twin Vaccine
12 minutes ago Added store name – Infected: The Twin Vaccine

I knew the name sounded familiar; once I confirmed that MumboJumbo's listing was still up I pounced.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Thanks to random for Sang-Froid, I won it from an earlier giveaway so I'll give it back.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Sang-Froid -- MB-A73D01B881E61E97 - Taken by dave is ok

HoosTrax

It's going to be funny if this goat game ends up making more money for them than the Sanctum franchise.

One thing for sure though, they have impeccable timing as far as their release date.

Jawmuncher

Wait so what just happened with Infected?

Is it a case of pulling the old game from the store and replacing it with a new game of the same name?

JaseC

Ace Combat's Steamworks patch just went live. Now to keep a close eye on Dark Souls.

JaseC

Wait so what just happened with Infected?

Is it a case of pulling the old game from the store and replacing it with a new game of the same name?

Strategy First uploaded its own version only to pull the game 10 minutes later after noticing MumboJumbo's listing for the CE (I assume).

Woah, didn't expect that fast :O

Yeah, I doubt it was Valve's doing as with Paper Monsters. More likely is that SF noticed MumboJumbo's version and panicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom