• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Man, now I want to play Batman Relax, a soothing game of Bruce downtime.
What happens after the great detective gets home after another trying day of fighting crime and criminals?

IHk6HSy.png

Myshkin

Yup. AFAIK the beginning is when the bundle is cheapest—then it settles out. The Starbound price floor preempted the normal rush of people getting in for as little as they can right out of the gate.

They tried out that system where they used lifetime HB average rather than the current bundle's average for BTA. That disappeared without my noticing it. Wonder what happened.

Arthea

Yup. AFAIK the beginning is when the bundle is cheapest—then it settles out. The Starbound price floor preempted the normal rush of people getting in for as little as they can right out of the gate.

Thinking about it, based on the price history of other mainline bundles it may not actually hit $4-$5. Some of the more recent bundles that did had games a lot of people already owned (Bastion in HB9...) or niche titles (Dear Esther, Proteus). Hmm. I'll see where it settles out by the end of the night, I think...

I'm almost sure it won't drop bellow $5. Usually price plummets down in first hours, and then rises back in a longer time and stays more or less the same.
This time there was no plummeting and price drops really really slowly, almost invisibly I would say. It's safe to assume that we are close to price that will stay.

Wok

How complete of a game is Raekwon the Chef Rætikon? It looks really nice, but I'm not so sure about Early Access with this one.

It is almost complete as far as I know. However, you really have to enjoy exploration games with edgy geometric environments to be able to enjoy the game. The closest game I can think of would be Proteus.

oipic

A belated 'thank you!' to Nito for Race Injection (was running out the door on the way to work) - thanks mate. :)

I played a whole heap of (non-Steam) Race 07 back in the day, and it'll be great to revisit it with all the extra content - e.g. Mini Cooper S, car of the Gods, car of all time.

Nabs

It is almost complete as far as I know. However, you really have to enjoy exploration games with edgy geometric environments to be able to enjoy the game. The closest game I can think of would be Proteus.

Thanks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
reposting since i fucked up on the raffle timer

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-79EBF9E31FD8F836 - Taken by Kiru. 48 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-6224805872556EAF - Taken by NotSelf. 46 entrants total.
Runner 2 -- MB-05A4A1E4B10E73A4 - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe. 23 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-7FB676509843C177 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 17 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-37CE1FC7650BEB3B - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 24 entrants total.

t1389132637z1.png

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Starvoid -- MB-3CF4F0D5A86F07D5 - Taken by D3RANG3D. 4 entrants total.

t1389131647z1.png

I'm a recent Steam convert (I used to buy consoles) so this thread seems interesting to me but the speed that it moves at is very intimidating!

Eanan

I'm a recent Steam convert (I used to buy consoles) so this thread seems interesting to me but the speed that it moves at is very intimidating!

Its humble bundle day, so it moves at double the speed. You should have seen it when the humble bundle origin bundle launched... crazy.

Turfster

It's okay, things get repeated a few times (because we have 3 "shifts", basically, being an international gathering.)
And yeah, it's just after a big bundle dropped.
Things get a little crazy then.

r3n4ud

Hi! Welcome aboard :)

This place can get intimidating, but you do get used to it. The sale threads on the other hand. Yikes lol. You'll meet awesome people in here to boot...

Gamerloid

I know what you mean, but then you start chatting and suddenly you feel so welcomed. SteamGAF is full of nice, helpful, and generous people.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I would laugh if Starbound is part of the Beat The Average. That would be poor on Humble Bundles part though and in poor taste for some who did rush to buy it, so I'll say Terraria as another "it's funny" addition.

No need to be. Simply a matter of just jumping in. We're a friendly group as well, happy to help out if you need anything, so feel free to ask questions or seek recommendations.

Turfster

I would laugh if Starbound is part of the Beat The Average. That would be poor on Humble Bundles part though and in poor taste for some who did rush to buy it, so I'll say Terraria as another "it's funny" addition.
Terraria is definitely plausible.

Gamerloid

I wish Starbound would return that way. Getting it in a bundle would be great for me since I want to try it out, but don't want to pay $15 for a game I'm not guaranteed to be able to run.

ModBot said:
Instructions for crimsonheadGCN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Machinarium -- MB-DDA42B08DADA2C54 - Taken by KenOD. 7 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. -- MB-97AB1F7D00446FEF - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 5 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-12A861EE7593C722 - Taken by schuey7. 1 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-B96EB567552BBD40 - Taken by gamma. 1 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -- MB-4E2D1C4C3F95D443 - Taken by Leatherface. 4 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-0435B9449D7EADF5 - Taken by yuraya. 6 entrants total.

t1389133502z1.png

Reminder.

Valve support is really bad. How hard is it to understand "The store front does not recognize that I purchased content x -- can you please fix it so that it does?".

I've gotten responses on both of my tickets for this and neither situation is rectified... ugh.

--

Does the Runner 2 HBX key include the DLC? Is there a seperate key for the DLC?

I had a lot of fun during the winter sale threads, i figure its time to jump on in over into the full thread. I'm actually pretty happy with the Humble Bundle, but i didn't own any of the games in it already.

Grief.exe

Welcome!

Don't be intimidated too much, certain days bring a faster thread. Today's bump is due to the Humble Bundle X debut. Thursday will, assuredly, be dominated by MGR discussion.

So after realising when pre-loading a game you can only install it to the same device Steam itself is installed on I've decided it's time to move Steam from my primary SSD to my secondary HDD.
Most of my games are already installed on the HDD anyway my only question is will reinstalling steam to the HDD mess anything up?
Would prefer to not risk having to redownload and reinstall so many games.

The_Monk

Welcome fellow GAFfer, don't feel intimidated and feel free to ask nothing you might need help for. During the Winter/Summer Sales is when these threads go too fast but most of the time this is a relaxing place to be and to talk about some games, backlog and so on. Have fun and enjoy your time here!

That's okay, they can trade it for a copy of Rage.

uJwaXFrl.png

;)

Turfster

So after realising when pre-loading a game you can only install it to the same device Steam itself is installed on I've decided it's time to move Steam from my primary SSD to my secondary HDD.
Most of my games are already installed on the HDD anyway my only question is will reinstalling steam to the HDD mess anything up?

You can always rename the original dir and then just copy the game directories to your new steam install. The client should find them when it boots. (If nothing else, it'll take a few seconds to "download" the games when you start them

Weren't there rumors for a while about a popcap bundle? Or did those get debunked?

There were, but that was... quite a while ago, before the new system.
Who knows if it's still happening.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
This is somewhat weird but steam just removed a trading card from my inventory and replaced it for another one from the same set, the card replaced was a dupe. Thanks I guess?

Grief.exe

You can play with the game on your SSD, then use Steam mover to move the game over to your storage.

There is also a way to set up a junction to fool Steam into thinking the temp folder is on your storage drive.

10 minutes into Starbound....seems interesting and extremely promising.

Welcome!

Don't be intimidated too much, certain days bring a faster thread. Today's bump is due to the Humble Bundle X debut. Thursday will, assuredly, be dominated by MGR discussion.

my computer isn't ready, but my body is. RAM delivery has been rescheduled for a 4th time. Damn you, Polar Vortex

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
10 minutes into Starbound....seems interesting and extremely promising.

my computer isn't ready, but my body is. RAM delivery has been rescheduled for a 4th time. Damn you, Polar Vortex

At least you are not worrying about cooling :p

oipic

Welcome! Yeah, the thread is certainly motoring along at the moment (6000+ posts in four days or so? We'll need a new thread in a week and a half at this rate), but jump in anytime - not many posts get missed, and if you have any questions or opinions to add, someone will always be around to read it and respond etc (and if we don't, post again!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom