• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

I feel as if though it would've been better had it included more than 1000 keys for Starbound.

I'm kind of surprised that they're leaving it on the front page.

Didn't show up in the first 15 seconds of the bundle? Welp. Here's what you missed.

gamma

Well... the game already sells like hotcakes at full price. There's no real reason why the devs should sell it at a lower price.

I don't see it =/

Yeah but then why include it at all? Just to get the average price up for a few hours?

mrgone

Well... the game already sells like hotcakes at full price. There's no real reason why the devs should sell it at a lower price.

I don't see it =/

Ahh shit, they did finally remove it. It was still there a little while ago when the average was at 6.43 :)

? It's not been on the frontpage since a few minutes after selling out.
Wait, really? I had it open in multiple tabs, but I really thought it was still there after looked during my last before annubis had posted. Might be losing it, here :(

kevin1025

Banned
Just take them! Take them and run!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-4BFA452F7C15FA32 - Taken by adriano999
Papa & Yo -- MB-247C3F84A913EF17 - Taken by Dice
To The Moon -- MB-4B3F84551BDAF730 - Taken by Annubis

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Isn't this the same as every Mario Kart ever, though? Except for flipping on the air, which I don't recall seeing in any MK.
Those three things are components Mario Kart has, but the way the game plays out is very different. It is much more skill-based.

Edit: So many giveaways everywhere.

Edit 2: Thanks for Papa & Yo. It looks beautiful and... touching?

Edit 3: And I just got called off work today!

Arthea

Yeah but then why include it at all? Just to get the average price up for a few hours?

Well, it was a sound plan and it worked, it still haven't dropped bellow $6 with 25K bundles already sold, and let's not forget that first 5k went for $10 or more.

rtcn63

In honor of the HBX, I'm watching The 10th Kingdom. It's like Once Upon a Time, but with John Laroquette and that terrible late '90s/early '00s over acting.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Seems it's time to level up on Steam some more. Once more nearly at the friend list cap, a concept I still do not like they implemented.

Secrets of Rætikon looks really interesting. Releases in 2 hours.

Ah another interesting exploration game. I'm so glad this sub-sub-genre (?) is getting so much love this past few years.

Isn't this the same as every Mario Kart ever, though? Except for flipping on the air, which I don't recall seeing in any MK.

They introduced tricks for boosts in Mario Kart Wii. Though of less depth than All-Stars Racing Transformed in terms of what it accomplishes and what skill can go into it.

super mario kart is the best mario kart anyway

Mode 7 triggered headaches for me. I'll never know personally if that is true or not. Thank goodness for N64 and beyond though for giving me fun games in that franchise and F-Zero I could enjoy though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I bought it, but I think that WA is no good, at least it gave me such impression. I haven't played any of those yet, but PAM looks interesting too. I bought it for racing games, mostly for Metal Drift and PAM.

Neat. Might get em later.

Anteater

Mode 7 triggered headaches for me. I'll never know personally if that is true or not. Thank goodness for N64 and beyond though for giving me fun games in that franchise and F-Zero I could enjoy though.

That sucks. Those snes 3d games were really cool

Fonz72

Started playing Blood of the Werewolf yesterday. It's fun, but the controls just seem a little sloppy. I wish they were tighter. The art style is fantastic!

Also FUCK the
Compactor/Garbage chute in Chapter 2! At least 40+ tries!

Arthea

Man, now I want to play Batman Relax, a soothing game of Bruce downtime.
What happens after the great detective gets home after another trying day of fighting crime and criminals?

It would be like DoA beach game only with Batman?
who wouldn't buy that? (><)

Turfster

Started playing Blood of the Werewolf yesterday. It's fun, but the controls just seem a little sloppy. I wish they were tighter. The art style is fantastic!

"a little"
The controls are floaty and unresponsive as fuck, which doesn't help with the bullshit gotcha platforming design.

It would be like DoA beach game only with Batman?
who wouldn't buy that? (><)

Doesn't it sound glorious?

Arthea

Also FUCK the

Controls are no good, a game is boring and I didn't like art style too. I decided it's not my thing.
Although transformations are always welcome!

Also FUCK the

I didn't get stuck there, but there was plenty of other parts that I didn't enjoy.

I gave it a chance...but it is just a poor game.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Well, it was a sound plan and it worked, it still haven't dropped bellow $6 with 25K bundles already sold, and let's not forget that first 5k went for $10 or more.
Yup. AFAIK the beginning is when the bundle is cheapest—then it settles out. The Starbound price floor preempted the normal rush of people getting in for as little as they can right out of the gate.

Thinking about it, based on the price history of other mainline bundles it may not actually hit $4-$5. Some of the more recent bundles that did had games a lot of people already owned (Bastion in HB9...) or niche titles (Dear Esther, Proteus). Hmm. I'll see where it settles out by the end of the night, I think...

Nabs

How complete of a game is Raekwon the Chef Rætikon? It looks really nice, but I'm not so sure about Early Access with this one.

Tellaerin

Man, now I want to play Batman Relax, a soothing game of Bruce downtime.
What happens after the great detective gets home after another trying day of fighting crime and criminals?

I'm imagining a management sim where you play as Alfred, and your goal is to try to manage Batman's stress levels to keep him from going completely off the rails.

Actually, I'd totally play that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom