• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

Restart the client? Delete ClientRegistry.blob. Check again for updates.

Well, after a while of messing around Steam finally applied the update. So I restarted Steam and it still looked the same, I deleted the blob file (but made a backup of it beforehand) and searched for updates, however Steam yet again didn't apply it and it wouldn't even let me go into online mode at all, so I overwrote the newly created ClientRegistry.blob file with the old one. After this Steam went into online mode and finally applied the update.

Geez, that was a pain in the ass, Volvo pls.

Thanks for the help btw. :)

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I'll be refreshing my community tab every few seconds to see those glorious Saj screenshots of MGR. We're all winners today.

Would've been weird if I had gotten a key, as the hype got to me last night and I ordered it from Nuuvem. Got my preload finished and ready to rock.

I'll be refreshing my community tab every few seconds to see those glorious Saj screenshots of MGR. We're all winners today.

Would've been weird if I had gotten a key, as the hype got to me last night and I ordered it from Nuuvem. Got my preload finished and ready to rock.

Saj was posting MGR shots? These I HAVE to see.

Jame Retief

Neo Member
Christ, how many clones are there now anyway? I'm going to have to stick my head in the Suarez appreciation thread one day.

I can't handle all these Saoirses.

It needs to stop.

Careful, the clan is watching...Always watching...

tw9K5Yj.jpg

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Reminder for the remaining hour~!
One more once~!
Revengence_zpsf4b060c9.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for InfiniteNine:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metal Gear Rising -- MB-DD3A64745CEE965B - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 155 entrants total.

t1389159682z1.png

Turfster

If so, I think the fix you have to enable something in Internet Explorer.

Tried that, no dice.
It's just their shitty webkit crap.
Community market and inventory still think cookies aren't allowed even when it show the right fucking information

Deleting clientregistry didn't help either, of course.

Looking at the discussions, I'm not the only one.
Seems the community isn't quite fixed yet, or their latest patch fucked shit up.
I also can't trade with anyone.

tuseday

Neo Member
Well I'll get everyone know then!
wetflame claimed your Metal Gear Rising key. There were 279 entrants.
Sajjaja claimed your Metal Gear Rising #2 key. There were 270 entrants.
tuseday claimed your Metal Gear Rising #3 key. There were 285 entrants.

Thanks for the giveaway, infinitenine. If it wasn't for your generosity I'd most likely be waitting till the 2014 winter sale to own MGR.

KJ869

still suprised I managed to last night get starbound, I was sure it was going to be gone by the point paypal had processed. Had everything els but as living in europe, 10$ beats 14 euros.

I'm playing TF2 again, mostly just to get stuff to sell and items to trade. The marketplace and these cards has taken me, but it's made me play some great games like Giana Sisters and Chainsaw Warrior, which i wouldn't have otherwise, had it not been for the allure of the cards.

rrs

Reposting 50/50 Bat Rats/Starbound raffle

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

I heard you liek Rats. -- MB-89056B8C5F8053BF
Rats in human situations. -- MB-283216B48E80A4D3

t1389221376z1.png

Firehead

Ok, perhaps that one can be the good game!

Pretty much. The developer had a thing where if you bought X number of copies of the game and had them in your inventory, they'd essentially count towards a "kickstart" of Secret of Magic Crystals 2. Wonder how that turned out....

The Swapper is always yay.
Bought it full price at release, still not regretting it.

I'll agree -- I wish it had native pad support, but I bought PGP for cases like this. It's on the "finish me soon" list.

I was trying to add you, but I can't find your Steam profile. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom