• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

What if.... they were both Bad Rats?

9sbeEZN.gif

Curious_George

Neo Member
So is The Swapper just individual puzzle rooms throughout the entire game? I watched a short Let's Play and I love the atmosphere and artstyle but having a bunch of "puzzle rooms" that are disconnected from the main world would turn me off. I prefer it when a puzzle game integrates the puzzles into the greater overworld like say Fez or Limbo do.

jediyoshi

So is The Swapper just individual puzzle rooms throughout the entire game? I watched a short Let's Play and I love the atmosphere and artstyle but having a bunch of puzzle rooms disconnected from the main world would turn me off. I prefer it when a puzzle game integrates the puzzles into the greater overworld like say Fez or Limbo do.

Limbo is about as linear as it gets, but I'd say it has a way better sense of a consistent overworld than Fez.

So is The Swapper just individual puzzle rooms throughout the entire game? I watched a short Let's Play and I love the atmosphere and artstyle but having a bunch of "puzzle rooms" that are disconnected from the main world would turn me off. I prefer it when a puzzle game integrates the puzzles into the greater overworld like say Fez or Limbo do.

The Swapper reminds me of Dead Space in atmosphere without the necromorphs... as a sidescrolling puzzler. How far did you watch? It seems like it's just a giant spaceship where you have to figure out how to keep progressing forward as far as I can figure...

Demigod Mac

So, about 10 games on my list got updated today, lot of Source ones.

But a few like Witcher and Max Payne 3 ended up completely re-downloading the entire games again. What's up with that?

jediyoshi

So, about 10 games on my list got updated today, lot of Source ones.

But a few like Witcher and Max Payne 3 ended up completely re-downloading the entire games again. What's up with that?

Are you sure they completely redownloaded or did the download list just list the entire file size of the game? Seeing as how Source games were involved, it sounds like a conversion to SteamPipe you never ran into before
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7388-QPFN-2491

Same thing happened to me. I don't see the common thread. After the client updated I now have 114 GB free I did not have before.

Showing update required for:
Ys Origin
Ys Oath in Felghana
GalCiv II
Legend of Grimrock
Cave Story+
Frozen Synapse
Sonic Generations
Bit Trip Runner
Bit Trip Beat
SSFIV AE
Serious Sam HD 2nd Encounter
Total War Shogun 2
Broken Sword 2
Witcher 1
Shatter
Uplink Darwinia
Portal 2
TF2
Portal 1
Half-Life 2 Lost Coast
Counter-Stirke Source
Half-Life Blue Shift
Half-Life Opposing Force

I see someone else posting about it here http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/0/648816742379363769/

Just bought Metro: Last Light season pass for $3. Now I gotta wait until Ranger Mode goes on sale again.

EDIT: Also bought Brothers at Amazon. With the $5 credit, came out to be $2.49. I know it'll be free for PS+ but it'll be nice to own this for PC as well, especially for that price.

rrs

Happened to me too: mainly goldsrc games, SDK bases, BIT.TRIP RUNNER, and HL2 lost coast/Portal 2

Can anyone explain to me what the new "Disk Idle" and "Disk busy" in the Steam-Download-Window mean?

It changes from Idle to busy all the time.

An exposed debugging tool perhaps?

Can anyone explain to me what the new "Disk Idle" and "Disk busy" in the Steam-Download-Window mean?

bonesquad

The Swapper is mainly puzzle 'rooms', but that's because it is a puzzle game. It is not a puzzle platformer like Limbo or Fez. They are completely different types of games. I didn't feel the puzzles felt disconnected, and would not recommend watching any videos of the game that ruin the game's great 'ah ha!' moments. I just recommend people buy it:)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's a decent group of posters.

Damn straight!

Haha, never change.

This is a game JaseC will get it soon. Mark my words fellow GAFfer. :p

Well, I wouldn't say "soon" -- I decided a while back that it'll be my 3000th game. I may not hit that mark this year (it depends on just how many greenlit games flow in over the next 12 months) but it'll definitely happen within the next 18 months.

graywolf323

Well, I wouldn't say "soon" -- I decided a while back that it'll be my 3000th game. I may not hit that mark this year (it depends on just how many greenlit games flow in over the next 12 months) but it'll definitely happen within the next 18 months.

is the hipster game to get as your 3,000th?

Seems to be some very rare bug that shred a bunch of files.

It's lame that Valve allows bugs like this, I think it's a very serious bug.

Lots of users are on ISPs that limit bandwidth or have not very fast connections.

Having to redownload 50GB is something that would make me loose my trust in Steam and Valve.

jediyoshi

Who are these developers that have bugs in their products that aren't considered them 'allowing' them?

It's an indicator to make it more transparent as to why download updates would be hitching up
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta#announcements/detail/1787099106169030299

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Lots of users are on ISPs that limit bandwidth or have not very fast connections.

Having to redownload 50GB is something that would make me loose my trust in Steam and Valve.

Allows is a weird way to put it, it's not like valve wants these bugs in there

Allows is a weird way to put it, it's not like valve wants these bugs in there

Well, something that deletes files should be double or triple checked in my opinion, we are talking about deleting files on the customer computer.

I agree allow is maybe not the right word, I mean not having tested it thoroughly enough.

Grief.exe

Just realized that with exception to TWD, CK2 and Baldur's Gate, I only have indie games installed.

Amicoolyet?

Y5vfcrv.jpg

A true PC gamer.

Just beat Brothers. So good, so sad. Got some really good screenshots I need to downsample and I will post them.

I'm about half and half.

TmM3fRB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom