• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good that you want to play it, but I think there are much better reasons for it (not trying to imply yours is not valid, of course :p)

Allow me to quote myself, please:

Considering most reviews I've seen bash Remember Me's combat as being a poor clone of the amazing freeflow system in the Arkham games, I'm not sure what to think about your quoting of yourself. :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Galactrix is awful
and they still haven't fixed the PS3 port's trophy bugs.
, Puzzle Quest 1/Challenge of the Warlords, however is easily worth a $1.

The day I start caring about the state of a PS3 port is the very same day I have cared about everything else there is to care about in the world.

denx

Grab a full DirectX installer directly from Microsoft.

A bit late with this reply, but this worked. I didn't think it would since DX11 was already installed on my system, but reinstalling it from the End-User Runtime available on the Microsoft website did the trick. Thanks!

Jawmuncher

Trying to decide whether or not to burn my last $5 Amazon credit on Saboteur. Hm.

YES!
Played Saboteur on 360 and absolutely loved it. One of the few Open World games that I fully enjoyed. Also I see that it's a 5 dollar bundle (With credit) that includes Syndicate. Which is a other underrated game. Really fun FPS from star breeze.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm still waiting on TinTin on Steam! Amazon doesn't sell digital keys for it anymore :(

Yeah, I got sick of waiting for Amazon to get more stock and ended up buying it from the Uplay shop -- it was half off, IIRC, and Aussie Taxed, but cheap enough nonetheless. I'd like to think that Anno 1404's return being a successful one would compel Ubi to release the likes of Tintin and King Kong, but who knows.

Doesn't he already look like one?

Moby Waving Simulator, from the creators of Woodcutter Simulator 2013.

Logged into my Origin account after months and apparently someone hacked it, deleted my friends so I wouldn't notice, changed my avatar to this dude

mY2aCBH.gif

and got 4 achievements and 90 origin points. Luckily I don't have any payment info saved on it.

thanks stranger!

why even bother

Yeah, I got sick of waiting for Amazon to get more stock and ended up buying it from the Uplay shop -- it was half off, IIRC, and Aussie Taxed, but cheap enough nonetheless. I'd like to think that Anno 1404's return being a successful one would compel Ubi to release the likes of Tintin and King Kong, but who knows.
Tintin and King Kong are licensed, not as easy as Anno...

JaseC

Tintin and King Kong are licensed, not as easy as Anno...

They've been collecting dust in the registry for yonks: http://steamdb.info/app/202330/ and http://steamdb.info/app/209910/. Ubi just needs to finish the job (add the missing configuration details, add data depots, and make store pages).

Edit: The licences are still current, if that's what you were alluding to. King Kong still being around is very surprising considering it released in 2005.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Considering most reviews I've seen bash Remember Me's combat as being a poor clone of the amazing freeflow system in the Arkham games, I'm not sure what to think about your quoting of yourself. :p
Oh, feel free to think whatever you believe is true! By no means I think my opinion is the only one that counts, not at all. I just found Remember Me's combat to be totally enjoyable, fun and well made. It may be a clone of the Arkham ones, but to me it's a good one.

Besides, I liked being able to customize the effects of each combo step, and how the special powers were implemented. But that's only my opinion, so you shouldn't blindly trust it.

bloke

Just tried buying Humble X with bitcoins for the first time, actually it was my first time buying anything with bitcoins, surprised how easy it was, well easier and faster than with paypal... anyway here are the games since I don't really need them...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-33D3F284EF189AA4 - Taken by fantomena
Papo & Yo -- MB-22D4176080DFA442 - Taken by amdnv
To The Moon -- MB-AB4F33E225592E3D - Taken by liezryou
Joe Danger 2: The Movie -- MB-EFBD0C69074A0D60 - Taken by VikasNarula

Acccent

Logged into my Origin account after months and apparently someone hacked it, deleted my friends so I wouldn't notice, changed my avatar to this dude

and got 4 achievements and 90 origin points. Luckily I don't have any payment info saved on it.

thanks stranger!

why would anyone do that... seriously why would anyone log into origin

liezryou

Just tried buying Humble X with bitcoins for the first time, actually it was my first time buying anything with bitcoins, surprised how easy it was, well easier and faster than with paypal... anyway here are the games since I don't really need them...

Thanks for to the moon. I'll probably end up giving away another copy if the week 2 games are good.

Guardians of Middle-erf is half off for the next week, too ($9.99 or $39.99 for the Mithril Edition). It's six months old next month, which is how old Gotham City Imposters was when it went F2P, so if you care about your game count at all I'd seriously considering buying the game now because you may not get another chance.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first served.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself or I will hunt you down and give you my hardest Paddington frown!
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guardians of Middle erf Plus Smaug's Treasure DLC -- MB-56FCA6063B6CE5C5 - Taken by Volimar. 2 entrants total.

Winnar gets the DLC link via PM as both are Humble Bundle links and I'm not sure if adding both as one entry will bork the giveaway or not.

t1389641131z1.png

Oh boy i won! thanks alot for Joe Danger 2 :)

Has anyone received their Gunman Clive key from the Green Light Bundle yet? The last time they commented on it was the 4th. I wonder what's taking them so long.

Volimar

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first served.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself or I will hunt you down and give you my hardest Paddington frown!

Guardians of Middle erf Plus Smaug's Treasure DLC -- MB-56FCA6063B6CE5C5 - Taken by Volimar. 2 entrants total.

Winnar gets the DLC link via PM as both are Humble Bundle links and I'm not sure if adding both as one entry will bork the giveaway or not.

t1389641131z1.png

Wow, I won! Thanks so much!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Bought Puzzle Quest. No resolution options above 1600:1200, meh. :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Steam Dev Days is going on this week in Seattle.

I wish I were going - I'd especially be interested in "Embracing User Generated Content" (Tom Bui, Alden Kroll, and Robin Walker) and "The Corporate Anthropology of Valve and Why it Matters" (Greg Coomer).

Does anyone know if these will be recorded and broadcast to the public? My guess is no. Their FAQs say they'll be archiving the sessions, but it seems they'll only be accessible to people who attended or were invited to attend.

Full Agenda

I wish I were going - I'd especially be interested in "Embracing User Generated Content" (Tom Bui, Alden Kroll, and Robin Walker) and "The Corporate Anthropology of Valve and Why it Matters" (Greg Coomer).

Does anyone know if these will be recorded and broadcast to the public? My guess is no. Their FAQs say they'll be archiving the sessions, but it seems they'll only be accessible to people who attended or were invited to attend.

Full Agenda

In a kotaku interview they said some of them would be released for the public. Let me look it up.

edit:

http://kotaku.com/the-big-valve-conference-you-probably-cant-attend-1466689202

Kotaku: Will [readers] have any way to see or hear what's going on at this event?

Powers: The larger, formal presentations will be recorded and made available after the event. However, the smaller and more intimate breakout sessions will not be captured or replayed. One of the reasons we are encouraging everyone who can to attend is that we expect some of the most useful exchanges will be those happening developer to developer, publisher to publisher in the less formal, more spontaneous portions of the event.

JaseC

Does anyone know if these will be recorded and broadcast to the public?

Full Agenda

The FAQ says the sessions will be recorded, but they may not be made available publicly (officially, anyway) considering the nature of the event and its $95 registration fee.

Edit: Never mind. ;)

Edit edit: Galcon Legends has released and is 10% off ($8.99) for the next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom