• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

I have 3084 hours logged. Dayum.

I can almost feel MRORANGE shuddering, haha.

But seriously, it is not particularly fun when these posts clutter the thread up. The Steam threads are fairly cluttered as is. We could have a separate thread for posting our playtimes, if people want it. Just imagine it: a paradise of pure, unrestricted numbers and nothing but numbers. Wow!

EDIT:

Fun, but unrelated fact. I've been reading MRORANGE as MMORANGE for the longest time.

MRORANGE

I have 3084 hours logged. Dayum.

ibt6RxYirbH9g7.gif

But seriously, it is not particularly fun when these posts clutter the thread up. The Steam threads are fairly cluttered as is. We could have a separate thread for posting our playtimes, if people want it. Just imagine it: a paradise of pure, unrestricted numbers and nothing but numbers. Wow!

EDIT:

Fun, but unrelated fact. I've been reading MRORANGE as MMORANGE for the longest time.

Agreed, you guys have no idea, on how many threads we have gone through, without the help of posting stats.

PS: This is currently the fastest Steam thread of all time.... I hate you guys.

FloatOn

Play games in bed, while traveling, or out on the deck on a nice day with a cool beverage. Plug into 4k TV and more powerful external GPU and sit on the couch with a controller for an even better experience.

That's the future I'm looking forward to.

exactly! also, this is kind of what I want out of nintendo when they merge their console/portable systems on their next go around. This thing even has built in kickstands.

anyway, nidhogg impressions seem favorable. I will totally get that at some point. I'm interested in hearing how nidhogg compares to samurai gunn though, so if any of you have both please let me know which you prefer.

Anteater

EDIT:

The thing is those shit only lasts a few posts, say we can't make a thread on milamber's hentai collection

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I would be interested in a thread dedicated to play time in games, competition stats, global achievements, etc. Would be interesting to see how things shape up as a whole for us. Give or take those who idle for so long or those of us who have unfortunately lost hours because Steam messes up from time to time.

For so long as so many have kept telling me platformers were a dead genre, yet so many sales these days have them as key titles and that makes me happy.

Okay, back to Pid.

ibt6RxYirbH9g7.gif

Agreed, you guys have no idea, on how many threads we have gone through, without the help of posting stats.

PS: This is currently the fastest Steam thread of all time.... I hate you guys.

well we definitely wasted quite a few pages on shit (literally), Olivia Wilde's boobs, and 'The Milamber Incident'.

MRORANGE

well we definitely wasted quite a few pages on shit (literally), Olivia Wilde's boobs, and 'The Milamber Incident'.

Well so far this thread has been okay in staying in-topic, I think it's just the case we get more people posting during the summer/autumn/winter and whatnot - which is going to happen anyway.

Oh, you guys might find this interesting (list of all Steam threads and duration):

Thread 1 (2008) : STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN (815 days)
Thread 2 (2010) : STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010 (138 days)
Thread 3 (2011) : STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition (176 days)
Thread 4 (2011) : STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition |OT2| (105 days)
Thread 5 (2011) : STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later. (73 days)
Thread 6 (2012) : STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June (160 days)
Thread 7 (2012) : STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months (66 days)
Thread 8 (2012) : STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 - (100 days)
Thread 9 (2012) : STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming (24 days)
Thread 10 (2013) : STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox (89 days)
Thread 11 (2013) : STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them (74 days)
Thread 12 (2013) : STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask (24 days)
Thread 13 (2013) : STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life (24 days)
Thread 14 (2013) : STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP (34 days)
Thread 15 (2013) : STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged (37 days)
Thread 16 (2013) : STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII:Friends with benefits (30 days)
Thread 17 (2013) : STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting. (30 days)
Thread 18 (2014) : STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!
Thread 19 (2014) : ???

denx

The last two were not a waste.

*brofist

Ok, this is just stupid. I solved my problem with DirectX, but now everytime i boot up a freshly installed game for the first time my audio chip screws up and I don't get any sound through headphones. Only way to fix it is to restart the computer. I already updated the audio drivers and still no dice. fuck

BInENNm.gif

*brofist

Ok, this is just stupid. I solved my problem with DirectX, but now everytime i boot up a freshly installed game for the first time my audio chip screws up and I don't get any sound through headphones. Only way to fix it is to restart the computer. I already updated the audio drivers and still no dice. fuck

BInENNm.gif
Do you have Razer surround? If you do then uninstall it and Synapse. Then reinstall it. If that sits not work. Disable drivers in the sounds menu until you find the problem. If that does not work then update the move.

Tellaerin

I was just made aware of something called an "all in one portable". Basically it's one of those all in one pc's but it's also a giant sized tablet you can carry around

Dell_XPS_18_35636363_02_610x436.jpg

dell has one called the xps 18. Should they ever get a model with decent gaming specs AND a right price this is something that I would absolutely be into. These are crazy times friends.

Damn. I'd kill to have something like that just so I could run Photoshop on it, assuming the stylus sensitivity is good. It's definitely not in my budget right now, though. : / (I love my Nexus 7, but my attempts at using it for anything art-related have been a disappointment.) If I did have that kind of cash to drop on something PC related, upgrading the old desktop machine would have to take precedence anyway. Definitely something worth keeping an eye on, though.

Tellaerin

So, about that Pool Nation question... D:

I'd be able to tell you right now if people hadn't voted for that broken F2P snowboarding game instead of Pool Nation for community choice during the last Steam sale. (Yes, I am still pissed about that. >_< ) It definitely looks interesting, at least to me. If you take the plunge, post up some impressions for us! :D

Well so far this thread has been okay in staying in-topic, I think it's just the case we get more people posting during the summer/autumn/winter and whatnot - which is going to happen anyway.

Oh, you guys might find this interesting (list of all Steam threads and duration):
It was so much easier to read and you could actually get announcements out of it without squatting and refreshing every 5 minutes just to watch another page go by with people talking about what achievement they got that day.

i think vr4 with sam, fought through a bunch of shit and the raptors and their electrical balls spawned!

Sorry, I don't know how Sam plays, exactly, though I know it's slightly different (at least) from Raiden (no subweapons, taunting, etc.).
So I can't quite speak to using him to destroy Raptors because of it.

WHY.

Don't remove dlc volition what the fuck.

Limited time from day one because that's how you spur sales for charity or something.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just had one of the developers of Portal tell me that he was impressed with my work on Enhanced Steam.

tumblr_m4s5vjuHxS1qdnki4o1_500.gif

The last two were not a waste.

Hey now! Dedicating time to Olivia Wilde's boobs is never a waste.

hey..i meant 'waste' as in 'non-OT'. You guys can post boob gifs for all day as far as i'm concerned.

holy hell. Thats nuts. Nice job keeping all that info.

Just had one of the developers of Portal tell me that he was impressed with my work on Enhanced Steam.

tumblr_m4s5vjuHxS1qdnki4o1_500.gif

come on man, act like you've been here before.

congrats man...glad to see people taking notice

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Always good to see hard work recognised and appreciated by others.

Thread 1 (2008) : STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN (815 days)

Oh the past, when I was just a lurker and it actually had to be said what publishers were supporting Steam rather than today's "who isn't on Steam?" notices.

Tellaerin

Grats, man! Sometimes I wonder if the guys at Valve are sitting there thinking, "Why should we pay this guy to work for us when he's already doing so much for free?" Hopefully they realize you could do even more (and more diverse) things if they actually put you on the payroll and gave you free access to internal resources.

nexen

Grats, man! Sometimes I wonder if the guys at Valve are sitting there thinking, "Why should we pay this guy to work for us when he's already doing so much for free?" Hopefully they realize you could do even more (and more diverse) things if they actually put you on the payroll and gave you free access to internal resources.

I just hope they realize that the steam client needs work. Lots and lots of work.

It is the primary gateway to their vast empire and they barely put any resources into it. Frustrates me so much.

interview with Rami Ismail (Valmbeer), touches Steam Dev Days. Only at the beginning, speculates Valve will get rid of Greenlight and move to what Gabe mentioned last year (custom storefronts)

edit: b10 :(

Acccent

One question: Is it similar to Samurai Gunn or am I wrong in assuming so?

I haven't played a lot of Samurai Gunn, just a quick match with a friend before catching a train (so I wasn't focused at all) but I'd say... Nidhogg loses the vertical movement and the weapon 'variety' but still manages to be way deeper. It's... if you want a multiplayer game - or even simply wouldn't mind one - just get it. It's immensely fun and incredible moments emerge from the game every single second, and at the same time you notice how there's a lot of room for mastering. It might only look like a 'cool game that you can play during parties because it's kinda spectacular' but it is so much more than that - you have to learn which positions win over which ones, what to do in each situation, how to react to your opponent behaving in certain ways... I don't know how to do all of this, but I feel it's there, it's in the game. AND there's still this bit of inertia and stiffness in the controls that doesn't feel wrong at all but which allows the worst fuck-up to be made even when you think you're in control, and the situation is wholly reversed... just buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom